Author Topic: Pope Francis CALLS Latin Mass Leaders to Rome: FSSP and ICKSP will by loyalty  (Read 3778 times)

Offline Elizabeth.2

• Wachtmeister
Read Laudato si.  I did, and it is straight up nature worshiping.

The following users thanked this post: Lynne, Michael Wilson, lauermar, Christe Eleison

Offline lauermar

• "Fasten your seat belts, it's going to be a bumpy night!" from 'All About Eve' (1950).
  • Feldwebel
  • Baby Boomer
  • Religion: Traditional Roman Catholic
Yes Elizabeth, I thought so too.
"I am not a pessimist. I am not an optimist. I am a realist." Father Malachi Martin (1921-1999)

The following users thanked this post: Lynne, Elizabeth.2

Offline MaximGun

• Wachtmeister
  • Religion: Trad Catholic
Perhaps Stalin was a prisoner in the Kremlin.  How can we know he was guilty for those murders and wasn't mislead by Beria and others?

This prisoner in the Vatican stuff is nonsense.

Offline Prayerful

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Hauptmann
  • Religion: Catholic
That Paul VI was blackmailed is not implausible. He was effectively blackmailed into getting rid of Annibale Bugnini CM, else material would be released suggesting the New Mass was created by a Free Mason.

Joseph Shaw, Chairman of the Latin Mass Society is very scornful of Taylor Marshall's reading, calling him an 'ignorant fool.' I thought TM was tending to an unfair angle.

archive

« Last Edit: September 09, 2021, 03:04:22 PM by Prayerful »
Padre Pio: Pray, hope, and don't worry. Worry is useless. God is merciful and will hear your prayer.

Offline MaximGun

• Wachtmeister
Joseph Shaw - It is high time that everyone realised that Taylor Marshall has no understanding of any of the issues he talks about. I'm sorry to say it but he is an ignorant fool. Now he is attacking people whose sandals he is unworthy to untie.

@RorateCaeli
 ∑ Sep 8
Marshall is s grifter with nothing to lose.

The men and women who signed the communique gave and give their whole selves and lives for the spread of Tradition. They donít profit from Tradition in return. We fully support them in their hour of need. twitter.com/great_stalin/sÖ
Show this thread

So how is that "Unite the Clans" thing going?

The following users thanked this post: Michael Wilson, Christe Eleison

Offline Prayerful

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Hauptmann
The Hon Dr Alexander Joseph Ranald Shaw thinks nothing of 'unite the clans' but maybe he thinks it the cringe it sounded like. I thought 'I disagree with..' and 'here's why...' might have been better, but I'm no Hon Dr.

Dr Shaw published a text explaining the statement of the Superiors on the LMS blog, which has a later part parting deals with TM:

Taylor Marshall, a man I usually ignore, has insulted the signatories of this statement, as lacking the "brave and bold" spirit which, he claims, animated the late Archbishop Lefebvre. He is, in a video far too tedious to link to, claiming that they are cowards.

This is a contemptible accusation, which reveals Marshall to be, as I expressed it on Twitter, an ignorant fool. I stand by that judgement, and I call on Marshall to apologise to these good men and women, who have a fearful responsibility both to their professed members, and also, in most cases, to the lay faithful for whom they have pastoral care.

Marshall appears to imagine that the Superiors General should react to their complex situation with the subtlety of some Hollywood action-hero: an attitude, in fact, completely at odds with the historical reality of Archbishop Lefebvre himself. What, Marshall seems to be asking, would Rambo do? What would be the reaction of some knuckle-headed character played by Mel Gibson? Well, if he wants to base his understanding of ecclesial politics on Braveheart, he should remember the advice given by the Duke of Argyle (in the 1995 film) to the young William Wallace: "First learn to use this" (pointing to his head), "and then I will teach you to use this" (lifting his sword).

It is an interesting fact about social media that some people who witnessed Marshall's insult of the Superiors General, and my own criticism of Marshall for making this insult, concluded that I was the one to be blamed for dividing Traditional Catholics. This is an attitude completely detached from reality. The restoration of the Church is carried out through the sacraments offered by Traditional priests, and through the lives of prayer and sacrifice represented by the Traditional Institutes and communities, not by monetised social-media clicks. We need to show solidarity, in this moment of crisis, with the Superiors General, not with the man who likes to remind his viewers "I'm just a dad with a webcam".

To the Superiors General, I say: genuine Traditional Catholics have your back. If this separates me from Taylor Marshall and his more deranged fans, so much the better.

Calling on someone to apologise after calling him an ignorant fool is a big ask, even if TM was unfair, and not giving regard to the context.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2021, 04:51:22 PM by Prayerful »
Padre Pio: Pray, hope, and don't worry. Worry is useless. God is merciful and will hear your prayer.

Offline MaximGun

• Wachtmeister
Words don't win wars.  Neither do academics with philosophy degrees.

I don't recall any existential battles in the old testamanet or new being fought with dialogue.  Men fought them.

Dialogue has not made the world safe.  Nor has it saved souls.

The following users thanked this post: james03, Michael Wilson, Christe Eleison, GiftOfGod

Offline Prayerful

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Hauptmann
The clans can unite the way cats are herded. It doesn't happen. The traditional Mass was given some limited degree of certainty in England and Wales with the Heenan or Agatha Christie indult (one thing I wonder about is the degree to which the transitional Missal was used as the indult requests, for I have a hand missal of 1966 given as a present in 1978), and the SSPX have followed their own path. The indult societies have also since 1984 done so much too. Everyone working towards a common goal, usually not together, will be good enough.

The following users thanked this post: Christe Eleison

Offline AlNg

• Hellebardier

Joseph Shaw, Chairman of the Latin Mass Society is very scornful of Taylor Marshall's reading, calling him an 'ignorant fool.'
Did Dr. Shaw also say that Amoris Laetitia of Pope Francis was heretical?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Correctio_filialis_de_haeresibus_propagatis

Offline Prayerful

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Hauptmann

Joseph Shaw, Chairman of the Latin Mass Society is very scornful of Taylor Marshall's reading, calling him an 'ignorant fool.'
Did Dr. Shaw also say that Amoris Laetitia of Pope Francis was heretical?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Correctio_filialis_de_haeresibus_propagatis

Yes, certainly that he was spreading heresy, although there's a sliver between that and saying Francis is heretical, although obviously he is that, too much stuff, and Francis is not stupid. Joseph Shaw is saying that the careful response to the heresy spreader was better than going in guns blazing....

Novus Ordo Bro (one of them, Tim, I think, they're sort of the same, maybe he's the one with the angry wife and harpy followers on Twitter) sounding both passionate and wholly insincere. Calls Francis evil, and says Taylor is  Johnny come lately to attacking Francis, that Taylor is jumping the shark.

Offline Elizabeth.2

• Wachtmeister
 ::) looks like a catfight

Offline King Wenceslas

• What we do in life echoes in eternity.
  • Feldwebel
::) looks like a catfight

This is a contemptible accusation, which reveals Marshall to be, as I expressed it on Twitter, an ignorant fool.

Now that is language we can unite the clans with.

But always remember we are uniting the clans.   :skeptical:

With trads it has always been a circular firing squad mentality. Shoot first, see who is left standing, and then quick shoot them before they shoot you.

Unite the clans: what a bunch of hooey.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2021, 07:42:10 PM by King Wenceslas »