Theif In the night

Started by pioflower, August 24, 2022, 06:44:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pioflower

Why does our lord say he comes as a theif in the night
But why does the Bible say the antichrist reign only lasts three and a half years
Daniel 12 literally counts down the days
He also said people will say " peace, security"
It makes no sense that he comes at the end of the antichrist reign
It says in Daniel 12 wait for him for three and a half years when the antichrist abolishes the mass
I don't understand

james03

It seems obvious to me.  God sets traps for you and the scripture points to all confessions being invalid.

Is that what you want to hear?

Go get help.
"But he that doth not believe, is already judged: because he believeth not in the name of the only begotten Son of God (Jn 3:18)."

"All sorrow leads to the foot of the Cross.  Weep for your sins."

"Although He should kill me, I will trust in Him"

pioflower

How about someone explain this confusion to me  :-[

Bernadette

My Lord and my God.

pioflower

What's the point in this part of the forum then ?

clau clau

Quote from: pioflower on August 24, 2022, 09:59:15 AM
What's the point in this part of the forum then ?

To correct spelling.  It's Thief.
Father time has an undefeated record.

But when he's dumb and no more here,
Nineteen hundred years or near,
Clau-Clau-Claudius shall speak clear.
(https://completeandunabridged.blogspot.com/2009/06/i-claudius.html)

pioflower

Why's is everyone being so disrespectful, when I'm confused about some scripture?

Greg

Because you only ever post about the end times and nothing else.
Contentment is knowing that you're right. Happiness is knowing that someone else is wrong.

pioflower

Yeah because we are in those times and I don't understand the church interpretation of it

Greg

The Church thinks we are in the new springtime of Vatican II.

I don't think we are in the end times.   There is no Antichrist figure for a start.
Contentment is knowing that you're right. Happiness is knowing that someone else is wrong.

james03

Quote from: pioflower on August 24, 2022, 10:27:31 AM
Why's is everyone being so disrespectful, when I'm confused about some scripture?

Because you have scruples and refuse to get help.  And don't lie about it.  Because we are in the end times and anti-Christ is out there hurling lightning bolts it is clear that confessions are invalid.  Not a good time to lie.

Go talk to a priest and get help.  You have scruples.
"But he that doth not believe, is already judged: because he believeth not in the name of the only begotten Son of God (Jn 3:18)."

"All sorrow leads to the foot of the Cross.  Weep for your sins."

"Although He should kill me, I will trust in Him"

pioflower

If they are invalid, why are priests still doing them ... To mock us??

Instaurare omnia

Dear pioflower: It would be best for you to speak directly with a priest for several reasons.

• First, clergy have significantly more knowledge of how to interpret Scripture than many of us here on Suscipe Domine would. Yes, this forum section is titled, "Ask a Traditionalist," but some of these matters you ask about are best addressed by someone who is ordained and thoroughly prepared in traditional Catholic theology.
  • Second, the Scriptural topics that interest you would be explained more effectively during a conversation of questions and answers, where a priest could clarify in more detail than could ever be possible in an internet forum (where members are limited to typing a few sentences at different hours and days).
  • Last (and most important for your particular spiritual needs), an experienced priest can provide pastoral care that is appropriate for your own spiritual circumstance. That priest could also begin to understand how your concerns might be heightened or eased from time to time. In this way, little by little you could begin to have fewer doubts and worries.
May the Lord keep you  :pray1:
Nisi Dominus custodierit civitatem, frustra vigilat qui custodit eam (Psalm 126:2).
Benedicite, montes et colles, Domino: benedicite universa germinantia in terra, Domino (Daniel 3:75-76).
Put not your trust in princes: In the children of men, in whom there is no salvation (Psalm 145:2-3).