Trad Catholic books for sale!

Started by Kaesekopf, July 04, 2017, 04:24:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaesekopf

Once again, I'm posting a number of mostly traditional Catholic books for sale.  Since I'm looking to pay down some debt I've got, I'm trying to 1) clear up space on my bookshelves and 2) turn these books into cash.  :lol:  I'd like to get all these sold by August 1, really.

I can provide pictures or descriptions of the books if someone is interested.  I'm pretty flexible on prices, so make an offer and we'll see what we can work out!  Shipping will be USPS media mail unless otherwise requested (and paid for :lol:).  CONUS only, please.  Abroad is typically prohibitively expensive.  (I've had around $40 for something like 10 books? via FedEx ground shipping to Canada, so keep that in mind, if you are that interested.  But, we can always try to work something out!)

See next post.
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Kaesekopf

To break some of them down into better categories:

Liturgical:
Heresy of Formlessness – Mosebach, used, writing inside (first couple dozen pages, after that, I think it's pretty 'clean' inside), $5
The Church's Year of Grace, 5 vol, Fr Pius Parsch, $50
For the Visitor at Mass, Angelus Press ordinary/missal, $4

"Crisis"-related:
Is Tradition Excommunicated? Where is Catholicism Today? (Independent Studies on SSPX/Trad Questions), $4
Catholic, Apostolic, and Roman, by the priests of Campos, $4
Most Asked Questions about the SSPX, $4
Paul VI beatified? Fr Villa, $13

Devotional/Biographical:
The Way of Cross by Plinio Correa de Oliveira, $4
The Rosary in Action by John Johnson, $4
A Marian Devotional, Fr Garesche, Sophia Institute Press, $10
Life of Christ, Rev. O'Brien, $10
How to Avoid Purgatory, Fr O'Sullivan, OP, $8
Saint Therese, The Little Flower, The Making of a Saint, $7

Catechetical:
Catechism of Christian Doctrine (printed 1980), $4
Pius XI on Christian Marriage (3 copies), $3 (one copy free with other book purchase!)
Baltimore Catechisms 1-4 (TAN printing), $20 for the set (TWO available!)
Handbook of the Christian Religion, Fr Wilmers, SJ, $9
Paperback version of the Catechism of the Catholic Church (green), $10

Miscellaneous:
Behind the Lodge Door, by Paul A Fisher - $8
Catholic and Christian, Alan Schreck - $9
The Jesuits, Malachi Martin - $8
The Conversion of Ratisbonne - $10
Mystical Body of Christ in the Modern World, Fr Fahey - $10
Retreat for Lay People, (Msgr, I think) Ronald Knox - $10
George, Nicholas, and Wilhelm, Miranda Carter (not Catholic-related), $3
Christ Denied, Fr Wickens, $3 (preferred to sell as part of an order of 2+)
History of the Antichrist, Fr Huchede - $3 (same as Christ Denied)
Vade Mecum, a Collection of Motets, Hymns, and Offertories for Male Voices, Vol 1 - $5 (free with purchase of other book)
New Testament, Confraternity of the Precious Blood - $8
Index of Leading Catholic Indicators, Kenneth C Jones - $5
AA-1025, Memoirs of an Anti-Apostle - $5 (1990s printing)
Great Catholics, edited by Claude Williamson - $5
The Sinner's Guide, Ven Louis of Granada - $15
Beyond Space, Fr Pascal Parente - $4
The ABCs of Choosing a Good Wife, Stephen Wood - $4

Updated 9/1/2017

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Pheo

Getting rid of 3 copies of Casti Conubii??  Should be keeping a copy for you and one for future Mrs KK.
Son, when thou comest to the service of God, stand in justice and in fear, and prepare thy soul for temptation.

Bernadette

How can you bear to get rid of St. Teresa's writings (except to upgrade to the ICS editions)?  :o
My Lord and my God.

Kaesekopf

Quote from: Pheo on July 04, 2017, 05:05:20 PM
Getting rid of 3 copies of Casti Conubii??  Should be keeping a copy for you and one for future Mrs KK.

:lol:

I have digital copies, though!  :P

Kaesekopf

Quote from: Bernadette on July 04, 2017, 06:38:51 PM
How can you bear to get rid of St. Teresa's writings (except to upgrade to the ICS editions)?  :o

Eh, I'm not all that 'into' Carmelite spirituality or writing. 

Besides, I've got way more Aquinas and Dominican-based stuff to read.  ;)

I figured I'd 'share the love', as it were.

MundaCorMeum

I'm interested in "This is the Faith", and the "Catechism of the Council of Trent".

Also, what's the St. Joseph Daily Missal like?

martin88nyc

Is the Life of Christ by O'brien illustrated?

I am also interested in:
The Jesuits
The Rhine Flows Into the Tiber
The Mass - Fr Joseph Dunney
Heresy of Formlessness
The Sinner's Guide - This is a must-have
The Rosary In Action
"These things I have spoken to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you shall have distress: but have confidence, I have overcome the world." John 16:33

Kaesekopf

Quote from: MundaCorMeum on July 05, 2017, 06:33:58 AM
I'm interested in "This is the Faith", and the "Catechism of the Council of Trent".

Also, what's the St. Joseph Daily Missal like?

About to send a PM, but, here's some photos of the missal:
(right click, open in new tab, or click on them to see larger)

removed photos of sold item

Kaesekopf

Shameless bumping.  Still have all the books, minus the ones munda mentioned. 

Am entertaining decent and reasonable offers.  I have a few more books to list, as well.  Should be doing so tonight or tomorrow.

Sent from my STV100-1 using Tapatalk

Kaesekopf

Updated again.  Gotten rid of a decent number, still looking to get rid of the whole list. 

Also added prices.  I'm more than willing to negotiate prices, though, so don't let that put you off.   

I'd also be willing to sell the whole lot for a significantly reduced price (excluding Church's Year of Grace and the Marian Devotional).  I'd say around $100 and half of the shipping cost would be fair (I think the total sale price is like $230-240?, so it'd be half of buying them 'separately').  If you buy more than 10-15 (more than 1/3 to 1/2) of books, I'm also willing to give a steep discount comparable to the reduced pricing offer.

Vetus Ordo

Quote from: Kaesekopf on September 01, 2017, 08:44:55 AM
Updated again.  Gotten rid of a decent number, still looking to get rid of the whole list. 

Also added prices.  I'm more than willing to negotiate prices, though, so don't let that put you off.   

I'd also be willing to sell the whole lot for a significantly reduced price (excluding Church's Year of Grace and the Marian Devotional).  I'd say around $100 and half of the shipping cost would be fair (I think the total sale price is like $230-240?, so it'd be half of buying them 'separately').  If you buy more than 10-15 (more than 1/3 to 1/2) of books, I'm also willing to give a steep discount comparable to the reduced pricing offer.

How many are for sale still?
DISPOSE OUR DAYS IN THY PEACE, AND COMMAND US TO BE DELIVERED FROM ETERNAL DAMNATION, AND TO BE NUMBERED IN THE FLOCK OF THINE ELECT.

Kaesekopf

Quote from: Vetus Ordo on November 01, 2017, 12:38:40 PM
Quote from: Kaesekopf on September 01, 2017, 08:44:55 AM

How many are for sale still?

I'll update what I have available.