How This Crisis Ends

Started by Chris Jackson, April 04, 2021, 05:04:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

clau clau

Quote from: Chris Jackson on April 04, 2021, 05:04:21 PM
Curious to see your thoughts on how the current Church crisis will end.

https://remnantnewspaper.com/web/index.php/fetzen-fliegen/item/5340-how-this-crisis-ends

How This Crisis Ends

Any knowledgeable Catholic recognizes that the Catholic Church is currently in a crisis, the effects of which have been staggering. If one adds up the decline in numbers of baptisms, marriages, and vocations, coupled with the silent apostasy of millions of lapsed and "former" Catholics since the end of Vatican II, the figures would be shocking. Many words have been written about the causes of the crisis and volumes published documenting every last detail of the destruction it has caused. However, to my knowledge, little has been written attempting to explain how the crisis might one day successfully be resolved.

As with most Church crises in the past such as the Arian Crisis and the Great Western Schism, it was hard for Catholics living in those times to envision a way out, and indeed many died not knowing what eventual resolution might take place. History has, of course, shown us how these crises were resolved, but the crisis we face now, like all true crises, is unique and has no exact precedent. Thus, the future is uncertain. We may be tempted, as Catholics in the past no doubt were, to think that our crisis may become permanent, to think extreme and theologically dangerous measures are needed to resolve it, or to, God forbid, throw up our hands in frustration believing the Church has somehow failed.

In this article, I will first show why various proposed solutions to the crisis are deficient or unworkable and then I will attempt to propose what a successful resolution might eventually look like.

Read the rest here.

I read the article independently.  I did not notice it was was the subject of this thread (Doh!).  I enjoyed it.  I basically agree with the conclusion.  I suspect Our Lady will have something to do with the outcome; either that or we are in the End Times.

Father time has an undefeated record.

But when he's dumb and no more here,
Nineteen hundred years or near,
Clau-Clau-Claudius shall speak clear.
(https://completeandunabridged.blogspot.com/2009/06/i-claudius.html)

mikemac

Quote from: clau clau on April 06, 2021, 09:33:11 AM
Quote from: Chris Jackson on April 04, 2021, 05:04:21 PM
Curious to see your thoughts on how the current Church crisis will end.

https://remnantnewspaper.com/web/index.php/fetzen-fliegen/item/5340-how-this-crisis-ends

How This Crisis Ends

Any knowledgeable Catholic recognizes that the Catholic Church is currently in a crisis, the effects of which have been staggering. If one adds up the decline in numbers of baptisms, marriages, and vocations, coupled with the silent apostasy of millions of lapsed and "former" Catholics since the end of Vatican II, the figures would be shocking. Many words have been written about the causes of the crisis and volumes published documenting every last detail of the destruction it has caused. However, to my knowledge, little has been written attempting to explain how the crisis might one day successfully be resolved.

As with most Church crises in the past such as the Arian Crisis and the Great Western Schism, it was hard for Catholics living in those times to envision a way out, and indeed many died not knowing what eventual resolution might take place. History has, of course, shown us how these crises were resolved, but the crisis we face now, like all true crises, is unique and has no exact precedent. Thus, the future is uncertain. We may be tempted, as Catholics in the past no doubt were, to think that our crisis may become permanent, to think extreme and theologically dangerous measures are needed to resolve it, or to, God forbid, throw up our hands in frustration believing the Church has somehow failed.

In this article, I will first show why various proposed solutions to the crisis are deficient or unworkable and then I will attempt to propose what a successful resolution might eventually look like.

Read the rest here.

I read the article independently.  I did not notice it was was the subject of this thread (Doh!).  I enjoyed it.  I basically agree with the conclusion.  I suspect Our Lady will have something to do with the outcome; either that or we are in the End Times.

Yeah Divine Intervention so the Pope and bishops finally consecrate Russia to Mary's Immaculate Heart.  A lot of people are praying for the Pope for this reason.  Or maybe if Francis sees Russian tanks crossing the Italian border it may convince him of the need to consecrate Russia.  Would you consider scaring the crap out of the Pope Divine Intervention too?
Like John Vennari (RIP) said "Why not just do it?  What would it hurt?"
Consecrate Russia to the Immaculate Heart of Mary (PETITION)
https://lifepetitions.com/petition/consecrate-russia-to-the-immaculate-heart-of-mary-petition

"We would be mistaken to think that Fatima's prophetic mission is complete." Benedict XVI May 13, 2010

"Tell people that God gives graces through the Immaculate Heart of Mary.  Tell them also to pray to the Immaculate Heart of Mary for peace, since God has entrusted it to Her." Saint Jacinta Marto

The real nature of hope is "despair, overcome."
Source

King Wenceslas

How it ends:  WW3 (kills 1/3 of population) and Fire from the Sky (Fiery Comet) (kills further 1/3 of population)

WW3 and Comet has the nice added effect of killing off all or most VII Bishops, Cardinals, and Pope(s). Also exterminates NOites also.

Do this, do that, all a waste of time now. Fire and Brimstone, bring it on.

Putin and Xi seem to be a potent combo to eradicate the hegemony of the Sodom and Gomorrah West. Xi not so much but Putin over the last several years has spoken very forthrightly about the West's depraved culture and how the West's culture would destroy what is left of Russia's culture in the long run.

Since Russia has not been converted to the True Faith due to the failure of the NO Popes it now seems God will use Russia to scourge the West using its buddy China. Hoping this happens in the next few years. Francis would be a perfect ending to this whole mess. Everyone in the future would say: "Yes, yes, God had every right to end it then and there." None of any malarkey like: "You didn't give us enough time."

Heinrich

Quote from: King Wenceslas on April 06, 2021, 12:33:41 PM
How it ends:  WW3 (kills 1/3 of population) and Fire from the Sky (Fiery Comet) (kills further 1/3 of population)

WW3 and Comet has the nice added effect of killing off all or most VII Bishops, Cardinals, and Pope(s). Also exterminates NOites also.

This doesn't sound very . . . Christian.
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Vetus Ordo

Quote from: Heinrich on April 06, 2021, 05:15:16 PM

Have you ever read the Apocalypse?
DISPOSE OUR DAYS IN THY PEACE, AND COMMAND US TO BE DELIVERED FROM ETERNAL DAMNATION, AND TO BE NUMBERED IN THE FLOCK OF THINE ELECT.

Heinrich

Quote from: Vetus Ordo on April 06, 2021, 05:19:54 PM
Quote from: Heinrich on April 06, 2021, 05:15:16 PM

Have you ever read the Apocalypse?

My "interlocutor" is using irony, again. Right?
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Philip G.

Quote from: Vincentus Ioannes on April 05, 2021, 05:41:37 AM
Quote from: Philip G. on April 04, 2021, 10:55:39 PM
Quote from: clau clau on April 04, 2021, 10:43:08 PM
Quote from: Philip G. on April 04, 2021, 10:26:18 PMRite now we have many rites

:rofl:

What did the the traditionalist say to the modernist who lost his lost his faith?

"Serves you rite!"

It is called a typo.  Have you never been to the novus ordo?  It is different with every priest.  The novus ordo options express the opposite of a rite.  But, Trads love to talk about the novus ordo like they are experts, when they cannot even muster up the courage to enter the building and remain there for the duration of.

I regard the Novus Ordo as the worship of a false religion, so I do not attend it.

If there's a wedding or funeral of a loved one, I would apply the relevant moral theology principles.  But it's not as if I'm going to turn up at the local Novus parish on a normal Sunday.

And if you are a celibate catholic male, I regard you as a coward.  It is not like you are being tossed from a boat and forced to swim to a tribal island to survive amongst natives.  Go to a run of the mill novus ordo, learn to survive, and then, consider yourself qualified to advise those in the most difficult living liturgical situation how to navigate theirs.  Because, home aloneism is not a viable option long term.  Just as the novus ordo is all about "the spirit", survival in its regard is all about "the letter". 
For the stone shall cry out of the wall; and the timber that is between the joints of the building, shall answer.  Woe to him that buildeth a town with blood, and prepareth a city by iniquity. - Habacuc 2,11-12

lauermar

What a load of bull.

There's no law that says he must go to the novus ordo missae in order to learn to survive. Catholicism isn't Scientology. He can walk away and join the Eastern rite if he wants. None of them are cowards.
"I am not a pessimist. I am not an optimist. I am a realist." Father Malachi Martin (1921-1999)

Vincentus Ioannes

Quote from: Philip G. on April 06, 2021, 10:17:35 PM

What did the the traditionalist say to the modernist who lost his lost his faith?

"Serves you rite!"

It is called a typo.  Have you never been to the novus ordo?  It is different with every priest.  The novus ordo options express the opposite of a rite.  But, Trads love to talk about the novus ordo like they are experts, when they cannot even muster up the courage to enter the building and remain there for the duration of.

I regard the Novus Ordo as the worship of a false religion, so I do not attend it.

If there's a wedding or funeral of a loved one, I would apply the relevant moral theology principles.  But it's not as if I'm going to turn up at the local Novus parish on a normal Sunday.

And if you are a celibate catholic male, I regard you as a coward.  It is not like you are being tossed from a boat and forced to swim to a tribal island to survive amongst natives.  Go to a run of the mill novus ordo, learn to survive, and then, consider yourself qualified to advise those in the most difficult living liturgical situation how to navigate theirs.  Because, home aloneism is not a viable option long term.  Just as the novus ordo is all about "the spirit", survival in its regard is all about "the letter".

I couldn't care less if you regard me as a coward.  I grew up in the Novus Ordo, and abandoning it was a conscious decision. I'm certainly not going to be swayed to return to that vomit by an anonymous user on a discussion board calling me names.

If the Novus Ordo were my only option, I would have to be "home alone", just as the recusants were during the English 'Reformation'.  But as it stands, I'm not home alone.  I have multiple options for Mass.

I have no desire to "survive" in the Novus Ordo, just as I have no desire to "survive" in Anglicanism or Lutheranism.  I want the real Catholic religion and Mass, and by the grace of God, I have found them.

Philip G.

Quote from: Vincentus Ioannes on April 07, 2021, 10:01:03 AM

"Serves you rite!"

I couldn't care less if you regard me as a coward.  I grew up in the Novus Ordo, and abandoning it was a conscious decision. I'm certainly not going to be swayed to return to that vomit by an anonymous user on a discussion board calling me names.

If the Novus Ordo were my only option, I would have to be "home alone", just as the recusants were during the English 'Reformation'.  But as it stands, I'm not home alone.  I have multiple options for Mass.

I have no desire to "survive" in the Novus Ordo, just as I have no desire to "survive" in Anglicanism or Lutheranism.  I want the real Catholic religion and Mass, and by the grace of God, I have found them.

If there is vomit on your floor, are you going to have your dog clean it up?  Do you even have a dog?
For the stone shall cry out of the wall; and the timber that is between the joints of the building, shall answer.  Woe to him that buildeth a town with blood, and prepareth a city by iniquity. - Habacuc 2,11-12

Melkor

Quote from: Philip G. on April 07, 2021, 11:09:48 AM
Quote from: Vincentus Ioannes on April 07, 2021, 10:01:03 AM

"Serves you rite!"

If there is vomit on your floor, are you going to have your dog clean it up?  Do you even have a dog?

Bro what the hell you smokin? Seriously though, this makes zero sense.
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost.

"Am I not here, I who am your mother?" Mary to Juan Diego

"Let a man walk ten miles steadily on a hot summer's day along a dusty English road, and he will soon discover why beer was invented." G.K. Chesterton

"Blessed are they that hunger and thirst after justice: for they shall have their fill." Jesus Christ

james03

QuoteWhat a load of bull.

There's no law that says he must go to the novus ordo missae in order to learn to survive. Catholicism isn't Scientology. He can walk away and join the Eastern rite if he wants. None of them are cowards.

Leave the dead to bury the dead.  The time of the novus ordo is passing, the time of the Trad is here.  They celebrate their funerals, we celebrate baptisms and marriages.
"But he that doth not believe, is already judged: because he believeth not in the name of the only begotten Son of God (Jn 3:18)."

"All sorrow leads to the foot of the Cross.  Weep for your sins."

"Although He should kill me, I will trust in Him"

Philip G.

"Even the whelps eat the crumbs that fall from the masters table".

Melkor

Quote from: Philip G. on April 08, 2021, 12:22:02 AM
"Even the whelps eat the crumbs that fall from the masters table".

Welp, guess that settles this discussion..... ::)
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost.

"Am I not here, I who am your mother?" Mary to Juan Diego

"Let a man walk ten miles steadily on a hot summer's day along a dusty English road, and he will soon discover why beer was invented." G.K. Chesterton

"Blessed are they that hunger and thirst after justice: for they shall have their fill." Jesus Christ

james03

Quote"Even the whelps eat the crumbs that fall from the masters table".

When a cat climbs a tree and eats a lizard, does that mean the moon was full?
"But he that doth not believe, is already judged: because he believeth not in the name of the only begotten Son of God (Jn 3:18)."

"All sorrow leads to the foot of the Cross.  Weep for your sins."

"Although He should kill me, I will trust in Him"