go to bed

Started by Carleendiane, September 11, 2016, 01:19:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carleendiane

Praying for a good nite sleep. Can't go yet, or I'll be up at 3, even my dog is fast asleep at that time. He gets up around 7:30.
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

dymphna17

Quote from: Carleendiane on May 03, 2018, 06:43:06 PM
Praying for a good nite sleep. Can't go yet, or I'll be up at 3, even my dog is fast asleep at that time. He gets up around 7:30.

Praying for you to get some sleep too!  Does Logan ever snore and wake you up?  Tigger was terrible about that.  It was that or she was cold and had to crawl under the covers.  She would always wiggle her way clear to the bottom of the bed and then work her way back up until her nose could stick out.  Crazy mutt!
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

Carleendiane

Quote from: dymphna17 on May 03, 2018, 07:35:13 PM

Praying for you to get some sleep too!  Does Logan ever snore and wake you up?  Tigger was terrible about that.  It was that or she was cold and had to crawl under the covers.  She would always wiggle her way clear to the bottom of the bed and then work her way back up until her nose could stick out.  Crazy mutt!

Logan snores ocassionally. Not much. He is way too big to be in bed. Sounds like Tigger was smaller and a real sweatheart. Do you still have him?
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

dymphna17

Quote from: Carleendiane on May 03, 2018, 08:12:20 PM
Quote from: dymphna17 on May 03, 2018, 07:35:13 PM

Logan snores ocassionally. Not much. He is way too big to be in bed. Sounds like Tigger was smaller and a real sweatheart. Do you still have him?

She was a Min Pin (miniature Pinscher). She was a sweetheart and a pistol!  When we first got her, we bought some baby gates to corral her in the kitchen.  We didn't know she was an olympic style high jump artist.  So we put up more baby gates.  She climbed those.  Hubby actually made a baby gate wall.  She chewed through them.  And yet, I came home from work one day and she had knocked my pin cushion (tomato thingy) onto the floor and had taken each pin out.  They were all laying there in a little pile right next to it.  Crazy dog!  Her other thing was to balance on the tops of the backs of the recliners so she could look out the windows.  She was something else.

She's been gone for a few years now. She was getting older and started having trouble getting up and down off the couch and chairs.  My parents were keeping her while we were at a bike rally in Oklahoma.  Mom called and said Tigger had fallen off Dad's bed and broke her back.  We rushed home (that's when I found out what it was like to do 120 mph on a bike!) and the vet had already come and taken her to his place.  Bless his heart, he tried everything to help her (and never charged us).  About a week later, we brought her home.  That night, we just couldn't make her comfortable and knowing that even an expensive surgery wouldn't help very much, we had to have her put down.  It broke my heart, but she was the apple of Hubby's eye.  To this day, he won't allow us to get another dog, or any other animal for that matter.  I had had to put both of my cats down just a couple of years before this, which was really hard for me.  We had them for 17 years.  So no more animals.  They will break your heart.  :'(  Sorry, I didn't mean to get all sappy on you.
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

Carleendiane

Please pray Billy's ride home is not torture. Should be home in 2 hours.

He sure has an awful lot to offer up! Should be good for a few releases of souls in purgatory. He and his pre-bride say rosaries together, caught them several times  ;) I'm sure they are putting this to good use!

Gardener

"If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his Mother, he will not have Christ for his Brother." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

PerEvangelicaDicta

They shall not be confounded in the evil time; and in the days of famine they shall be filled
Psalms 36:19

Carleendiane

Now that^^^^^^ made me smile!!!

Carleendiane

Bed,, O sweet bed. In just a wee little bit. Yes, I know, I can't wait either!

Chestertonian

at home finally but missing my wife because her side o the bed is empty and it hs been for a long time.  the kids are here and i'm glad to be with them but I think the whole family's on edge....lots of discussion about why mommy still isn't home yet which breaks my heart.  I visited her today and she's improving steadily, but there's a long, long, long way to go and it's not going to be fixed in a matter of months.  I worry that she'll go home and go right back to her razors and 400 calories a day and 2 hours of exercise a day.  she said she was exhausted from her therapy.. the people working there are really competent and compassionate (thank God, because a lot of these places are horrible cesspools of abuse and neglect of the mentally ill) but the treatment is hard because it's a lot of thinking about things you've spent your whole life trying not to think about....

a lot of trying to get her to pay attention to her body which is interesting i feel like im learning so much about PTSD recovery from talking to her therapy team and seeing what techniquest theyre using...  i spend a lot of the day kind of mentally trying to disconnect from my body because the idea of having to live in it is just horrifying and painful and disgusting
"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

Carleendiane

Ches, I cannot fathom your burdens, but feel hopeful wife is getting the help she has needed for a long time.  Of course her treatment will take long. Her suffering is so deeply seated, so many years of coping mechanisms to untangle and uproot. I understand how difficult to change the mind. First hand experience dealing with very deep seated mental habits developed to function, that ends in dysfunction. Painful business, long time  work. Offering up for family

So glad you have your little loves, but understand the anxiety you have for their well being. Yet, their sweet love is good at consolation.   :pray3:

Carleendiane

Well I probably should sooner or later, go to bed that is. But my barn cat snuck in and I feel like I have a flea infested intruder. Can't find her. We treat her very well, no doubt, but she is sneaky. No hesitation breaking and entering. I accidently stepped on a mouse she was playing with, and I do believe she may have it out for me. Call me crazy, but she has been sneaking in ever since I wrecked her fun.  :-\

Carleendiane

G-nite, my peeps. Please pray for my family. Thanks.

dymphna17

Prayers on the way.   :pray3:

4 days and a wake-up!  :cheeseheadbeer: 8)
?

Carleendiane