go to bed

Started by Carleendiane, September 11, 2016, 01:19:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MundaCorMeum

Quote from: Chestertonian on April 27, 2018, 10:45:20 PM
I probably should quit this place but I think I would miss this sort of banter a lot

then just stick around and banter ;)  it would probably do you good to just do that, and stay away from the other stuff. 

Carleendiane

Quote from: MundaCorMeum on April 28, 2018, 07:46:00 AM
I probably should quit this place but I think I would miss this sort of banter a lot

then just stick around and banter ;)  it would probably do you good to just do that, and stay away from the other stuff.

Good advice, Munda. Yep. Stick to banter for a while, for a break from the heavier topics.
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

MundaCorMeum

Quote from: Carleendiane on April 28, 2018, 07:50:13 AM
Quote from: MundaCorMeum on April 28, 2018, 07:46:00 AM

Good advice, Munda. Yep. Stick to banter for a while, for a break from the heavier topics.

and, here's a concrete resolution to start with: DO NOT click on the "promises and despair" thread that Matto just started....DON'T DO IT!  make it your self-denial for today, and offer it up for wife.  She's making such progress!!  Help her out.

tomorrow, we come up with another resolution...but not until tomorrow!  One day at a time  :)

MundaCorMeum

Ok, Ches.... how'd you do with today's resolution??  I can assume you did well, since you didn't post or 'thank' anyone over there.  Even if you just peeked a little, it's still good.  You stayed away and didn't get involved.  I say, check the box for 'yes, Lord, I kept my resolution for today.  Grant me the grace to do it again tomorrow."

Carleendiane

Whelp,  hitting the hay early tonight. Usually, no matter what I say, I don't really go to bed before 11, and many times after 12. Tonight before 11. Definitely. G-nite my peeps!
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Carleendiane

Ok. So I know it's only 6:36. But I have my Jammie bottoms on anyway. Actually, I put them on right after church and lunch. So I am ready for sleep. Oh, yes, it IS too early. Way. But, I'm ready. Had a couple V8/vodkas. Now I am tired. Should have waited.  :-\ They were not too bad but...guess what.....hubby accidently bought low sodium V8. I know...blech. So as a remedy, I put some of my fine Himalayan pink salt in it. Not the same. Oh, no, don't go thinking it will be the same, cuz, it's just not. No idea why, but there you have it. But, I got my veggies in, right?

dymphna17

I tried some of that Himalayan pink salt once.  The guy tried to tell me that you don't even need as much because it tastes so much better than Morton's salt.  Blech!  I had to tell him that maybe the Sherpa's in the Himalaya's like it because they are plagued with the lack of oxygen and that has somehow killed their taste buds, or they just have never had good salt, but that stuff was terrible.

Good night Carleen.   :grouphug:  I'll be off to make the first rounds of the night soon.  We're coming up on storm season, so it's time to make sure all the preparations are still in tact. 
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

Carleendiane

Hey, I don't mind the himalayan salt. I hear it's better for you, so that may be why I like it. Mind over matter and all that. Anyway, Dymph, thanks for keeping watch, gonna turn in soon. Back to waking up at 3:30, and that has me a bit frustrated. But....if you need a few winks, I should be up for at least 3-4 hours.  :)

Carleendiane

Drowning my sorrows in ice cream tonight. And 2 wee drinks to help me sleep. Last nite I, by the grace of God, laid awake for hours with a constant Ave. Took no effort, it just happened. I'm sure I caught a few hours all together, but hoping for more.

Sons campaigne is called UCARING.....Bill PRICE

Their are pictures and story.

dymphna17

Quote from: Carleendiane on May 02, 2018, 07:54:11 PM
Drowning my sorrows in ice cream tonight. And 2 wee drinks to help me sleep. Last nite I, by the grace of God, laid awake for hours with a constant Ave. Took no effort, it just happened. I'm sure I caught a few hours all together, but hoping for more.

Sons campaignome is called UCARING.....Bill PRICE

:confused:
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

Carleendiane

Quote from: dymphna17 on May 02, 2018, 07:56:03 PM
Quote from: Carleendiane on May 02, 2018, 07:54:11 PM

Sons campaignome is called UCARING.....Bill PRICE

:confused:

Campaign fund raiser. Auto correct did a number on the word campaign. What did you not get, my dear dymph?

Gardener

"If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his Mother, he will not have Christ for his Brother." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

dymphna17

Ha!  Sorry, I hadn't ever heard of YouCaring before.  Couldn't deduce GoFundMe from that.   :doh: :lol:  Thank you Gardener.
?

Carleendiane

Quote from: Gardener on May 02, 2018, 08:16:00 PM
https://www.youcaring.com/billprice-1180625

Why, thank you Gardener!!!! I really should have done that myself. I had the link, but feel a bit shy. No one knows him here and hate to ask for help, but that's somewhat my pride. Never, ever done anything like this. His sister set it up. The goal will continuously increase. The debt and costs will be around 100, 000. Impossible. Oh, he had insurance for anyone but himself. His dad is working off his anger at BILL for not covering himself. My son has paid rent, house payments, food, doctor visits for children, car payments, you name it, for young families in a bind, but did not take care of himself. His dad is just trying to hold it together and be compassionate instead of an ass about Bills lack of prudence when it comes to his own Healthcare insurance.

Carleendiane

Quote from: dymphna17 on May 02, 2018, 08:24:54 PM
Ha!  Sorry, I hadn't ever heard of YouCaring before.  Couldn't deduce GoFundMe from that.   :doh: :lol:  Thank you Gardener.

Not to worry, I've never heard of the site. Not sure why daughter picked it, but she must have had a reason. Anyway, it's a bit humbling to put that out there. Glad she did it, but not something I've ever done. Though I have donated to go fund me before.