go to bed

Started by Carleendiane, September 11, 2016, 01:19:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carleendiane

My sweet Dymph, I'm here, sorta. But you certainly can conscript my angel to relieve suffering souls anywhere and everywhere! He has two strong arms, he can help. Even while watching over me. But I'll be sleeping soon and will need very little oversight. You are so good to us and others. Just knowing you are roaming, checking locks, counting my sheep, doing surveillance for the forum, while we sleep is comforting. Really Dymph, Ches may just have a trophy for assuring the well being of others. He has so, so many, I'll bet he has something appropriate for the forum's night time swiss guard (of one). Hey, we need to provide you with a formal uniform. Then when we get a pic of you with your trophy you will be appropriately dressed. Maybe a denim jumper (very traddish) thick tights, with a sew on security patch with your name on it. Not on your tights, though.Then a few smiley faces and a WWJD patch. With a sacred heart image, and sorrowful heart. Then you will need a holster to hold your holy water. And an official salt shaker for your blessed exorcize salt. Oh we could really deck you out, couldn't we.
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

dymphna17

Quote from: Carleendiane on April 23, 2018, 08:54:54 PM
My sweet Dymph, I'm here, sorta. But you certainly can conscript my angel to relieve suffering souls anywhere and everywhere! He has two strong arms, he can help. Even while watching over me. But I'll be sleeping soon and will need very little oversight. You are so good to us and others. Just knowing you are roaming, checking locks, counting my sheep, doing surveillance for the forum, while we sleep is comforting. Really Dymph, Ches may just have a trophy for assuring the well being of others. He has so, so many, I'll bet he has something appropriate for the forum's night time swiss guard (of one). Hey, we need to provide you with a formal uniform. Then when we get a pic of you with your trophy you will be appropriately dressed. Maybe a denim jumper (very traddish) thick tights, with a sew on security patch with your name on it. Not on your tights, though.Then a few smiley faces and a WWJD patch. With a sacred heart image, and sorrowful heart. Then you will need a holster to hold your holy water. And an official salt shaker for your blessed exorcize salt. Oh we could really deck you out, couldn't we.

Sure could!  As Security Supervisor, I had a uniform to wear, epaulets and all.  Had I been thinking at the time, I would have requested a uniform change for women.  Seriously though. I did request the ability to wear a skirt instead of their pants.  I would have made sure the material was an exact copy of the pants, but alas, it was not meant to be.  Making my rounds at that facility meant I had to go out on a roof to check some doors, and then down through a tunnel to an electricity/maintenance building.  In there, if an alarm was sounding or if asked to check and register the temperature, I would have to climb the ladder to the thermostat.  And the last scenario was. that if I had to tackle an intruder, who was breaking and entering, it wouldn't bode well for me to be in a skirt.  So, I had to agree with their reasons, this time.  Plus being at the state lab all night by yourself, with all those nasty germs, etc, well, I could see their point, and therefore gave up on running their lives.  lol
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

Carleendiane

Any one needing a tuck in just line up. It's bedtime now. Not gonna be tucking in for long. Pretty tired here. Bedtime stories will be one liners.
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Carleendiane

Needing a tuck in myself tonight. Feeling a bit crappy. Talked to my dog about it. He felt bad, but had nothing to say. That's ok. My dog just lays by me and supports my self esteem. He validates my value. Good dog.

Chestertonian

Quote from: Carleendiane on April 25, 2018, 08:01:31 PM
Needing a tuck in myself tonight. Feeling a bit crappy. Talked to my dog about it. He felt bad, but had nothing to say. That's ok. My dog just lays by me and supports my self esteem. He validates my value. Good dog.

sounds like you've got your own personal pet therapist.  I'll go ahead and validate your value too, I admire your perseverence a lot
"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

Carleendiane

Quote from: Chestertonian on April 25, 2018, 08:19:31 PM
Quote from: Carleendiane on April 25, 2018, 08:01:31 PM

sounds like you've got your own personal pet therapist.  I'll go ahead and validate your value too, I admire your perseverence a lot

Thanks Ches. Yep my very own therapy dog.  Really...and I don't even have to pay him.

Non Nobis

OK, OK, I'm shutting down my computer!

Good night all.
[Matthew 8:26]  And Jesus saith to them: Why are you fearful, O ye of little faith? Then rising up he commanded the winds, and the sea, and there came a great calm.

[Job  38:1-5]  Then the Lord answered Job out of a whirlwind, and said: [2] Who is this that wrappeth up sentences in unskillful words? [3] Gird up thy loins like a man: I will ask thee, and answer thou me. [4] Where wast thou when I laid up the foundations of the earth? tell me if thou hast understanding. [5] Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?

Jesus, Mary, I love Thee! Save souls!

Gardener

I have 7 more hours at work. No way I'm going to bed right now.
"If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his Mother, he will not have Christ for his Brother." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

MundaCorMeum

Hopefully another hour and half to go!  We had a late dinner.  Kids have kitchen duty, husband is checking on cows, and I'm enjoying a glass of wine on the patio.  An early night sounds good.

Carleendiane

Quote from: Gardener on April 26, 2018, 03:15:00 PM
I have 7 more hours at work. No way I'm going to bed right now.

Welcome Gardener! Nice to see a new face. Yes, I recommend you stay at it, get it done! Your time and mine, I believe are 2 or 3 hrs. apart. When I'm thinking of bed, you're thinking of dinner and playing with Dominic. Right now, it's a bit early for me too, but my pillow doesn't know that and beckons to me.

Carleendiane

Ok, so my 'toon, Lidya, is walking around the furniture. Finally big enough for her "Johnny jump up". You remember....the device you hook up on a door frame and it is on a spring that allows baby to jump up and down. She is so stinking cute in it. She is going to be walking soon, and doesn't even have a tooth yet. I had one son who did not get first tooth until 14 months, so that's not so strange, but walking before 9 months is unususl. Had one walk at 9 months. He was the earliest. She may not take off for another month, but is definitely heading in that direction. Oh, how I love watching her! She is so squishy and adorable to me! Makes the pains and suffering in this life easier to tolerate. Wish everyone had a Lidya. If not a Lidya, well, at least a Logan. Yep, my dog is almost as sweet as Lidya. Wait...I exaggerate....as sweet as he is....he's no where near my Lidya. Although, Lidya is not as good of a listener as Logan, truth be told.

Carleendiane

Getting closer to my favorite time of nite. If I don't pop in later....G-nite. God bless.

Chestertonian

ithink this is my favorite part of the forum

I got to see my wife today.. talked to her doctor, therapist and team. Still no word on when she'll be home but they want her to complete a whole round of DBT.  Im actually kind of jealous because DBT looks like it might help me. She also has CBT too.  A lot of this stuff wasn't even possible when she first got here because she didn't feel safe enough
"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

Chestertonian

I probably should quit this place but I think I would miss this sort of banter a lot

dymphna17

We would miss you too much for you to leave us, Ches.  It would be like a part of our family just vanishing and that would suck.  It would certainly be a void that no one else could fill.

Why have you not had DBT or CBT?  Isn't that a basic part of your treatment?  I guess you have already answered that question, haven't you?  Duh  Can you request it?  I would think that would help your PTSD.  Your Wife will be light years ahead from where she started if she can receive and utilize that training before she goes home.  Please God!   :pray3: :pray2: :pray1:
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica