go to bed

Started by Carleendiane, September 11, 2016, 01:19:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carleendiane

Chritse, I hear you. Both husband and I are praying. God hear us. God help us.
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

dymphna17

Quote from: Christe Eleison on April 13, 2018, 09:45:57 PM
Ladies, dear sisters in Christ. SD friends. I am sorry to interrupt the party. But I am in tears, I am really scared.  :'(

I need your prayers to stop WWIII. Please stop by the prayer thread, please pray for our country, please pray for these world leaders.
Please pray for our troops. Please pray for Christians in the Middle East, especially children.

Please pray for peace in the Middle East. We are witnessing Bible prophecy right before our eyes.
Again, we are involved in something we should not be in.

:grouphug:

:pray1: :pray2: :pray3:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-04-14/trump-to-make-statement-on-syria-as-expectations-of-strike-grow

http://www.catholic-bible.org/isaiah/isaiah-17.htm  ISAIAH 17

Dear Christe, this is bad, but try not to lose your sense of peace with God.  I've been trying to find the right words to comfort you all night.  I've been praying for you and for all those who are in the position to create and sustain a war.  That's the only thing I know to do for the situation right now.  Penance, prayer, and sacrifice.  Try to stay away from the media since most of them find it their duty in life to  get people worked up but not give the correct information.  It's just not good to listen to what usually turns out to be alot of nonsense.  We have to be smart about how we handle this.  I keep thinking about when my Husband was in the Navy and he had to go out to sea several times because Russia would start a bunch of nonsense by having their ships go in and out of our waters trying to provoke us.  It's what they do.  Few people trusted President Reagan at the time, but now, looking back, most people find him to have been a good President.  We just don't see everything that goes on and why President's make the decisions they do.  It's not what you see is what you get.  There is so much of the rest of it all that we don't see.  I just keep coming back to the same penance, prayer, and sacrifice for our President and all of those who are making decisions for us and carrying those decisions out.  And pray for our enemies as well.  I know this is very lame, but getting upset doesn't change the situation.  You can only change things for you.  You can only change things with prayer, penance, and sacrifice.
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

Carleendiane

Good solid advice, Christe. Served us through oh so many stressful developments, both family and world. Dymph is right. We haven't the power to change a thing. Our stress and tears serve very little purpose. Oh, sometimes our tears will alleviate our stress, but in the end, do they ever work as an agent of change? Daily, I could cry a river. Won't bring my brother back. Won't bring Andy home. Won't help PF in the slightest. Won't change family dynamics. Won't help to correct the wrongs I've committed over the years. Nope. But prayer and penance on the other hand, has caused a hard heart to melt. Has brought a hardened sinner on his deathbed, to the sacraments. Has brought about my own and countless others conversions. Has produced jobs for poor families. And brought health to the seriously ill. There's NO way to know in this world the far reaching effects of our prayers. So try to be at peace. I speak to myself as well as anyone else.

Your words Dymph, are greatly appreciated. I loved them. GOD BLESS ALL OF US, PLEASE!
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Carleendiane

Oh, forgot to wish everyone a good night! G-nite all!

Carleendiane

Yep. On my way. How about you, Dymph? You sleeping yet? Non?  Well wishing all of us a great nite sleep! See you in the morning.

Carleendiane

So...go ahead....do it. Go to bed. I will soon. Just hoping I don't miss anything. Could happen, you know. Really. But I'm so tired, I will risk it.  G-nite all. Let me know if I slept through anything  noteweorthy.

Carleendiane

Yep, go early. You'll thank yourself in the morning. God bless you with a good night's sleep.

Christe Eleison

Quote from: Carleendiane on April 14, 2018, 06:00:07 AM

Dear Carleen,
Thank you for your kind words & prayers.  :grouphug:

You, Dymphna, NON NOBIS, PerEvangelicaDicta, MundaCORMeum, Kayla_Veronia, Diaduit, Fleur-De-Lys,
Maryslittlegarden, ServusMariae, NoahMoerbeek, XAVIER, James, Miles Christi, Miriam M., Gardener, Greg,
LAUS, PonDR, Redsolocup, CHES., ABC123, Heinrich, Larry, etc. etc. etc.
(I do not mean to leave anyone out, I am just a bit tired & ill... :()

are the life & soul of this forum. I feel like I can always count on you all in a pinch. What a true Blessing!

Thank you & God bless. Please keep praying, we are not off the hook...May Our Blessed Lord have Mercy on us all!

:pray3:

Christe Eleison

Quote from: dymphna17 on April 14, 2018, 07:42:02 AM
Ladies, dear sisters in Christ. SD friends. I am sorry to interrupt the party. But I am in tears, I am really scared.  :'(

I need your prayers to stop WWIII. Please stop by the prayer thread, please pray for our country, please pray for these world leaders.
Please pray for our troops. Please pray for Christians in the Middle East, especially children.

Please pray for peace in the Middle East. We are witnessing Bible prophecy right before our eyes.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-04-14/trump-to-make-statement-on-syria-as-expectations-of-strike-grow

Dear Christe, this is bad, but try not to lose your sense of peace with God.  I've been trying to find the right words to comfort you all night.  I've been praying for you and for all those who are in the position to create and sustain a war.  That's the only thing I know to do for the situation right now.  Penance, prayer, and sacrifice.  Try to stay away from the media since most of them find it their duty in life to  get people worked up but not give the correct information.  It's just not good to listen to what usually turns out to be alot of nonsense.  We have to be smart about how we handle this.  I keep thinking about when my Husband was in the Navy and he had to go out to sea several times because Russia would start a bunch of nonsense by having their ships go in and out of our waters trying to provoke us.  It's what they do.  Few people trusted President Reagan at the time, but now, looking back, most people find him to have been a good President.  We just don't see everything that goes on and why President's make the decisions they do.  It's not what you see is what you get.  There is so much of the rest of it all that we don't see.  I just keep coming back to the same penance, prayer, and sacrifice for our President and all of those who are making decisions for us and carrying those decisions out.  And pray for our enemies as well.  I know this is very lame, but getting upset doesn't change the situation.  You can only change things for you.  You can only change things with prayer, penance, and sacrifice.

Dear Dymphna,

Thank you for always being such a thoughtful, kind & caring soul. I truly appreciate your prayers,
advice & words, I have read them several times. It means a lot to me.
The past 2 years have been very difficult in many ways. And I worry about everything
going on in the world & in the Church. Thank you for everything. God bless you & yours.

:pray1: :pray2:

Carleendiane

Yep, Christe, that my Dymphna alright. Thoughtful, kind and caring. She is all that. God bless her and you Christe. Our country needs our prayers. We can rant each and every day, but it does NO good. If we prayed as much as we rant, or worry, or whatever, our country would be healthy moral and safe. I know for certain I could do more sacrifice, prayer and penance. If we want peace and morality to reign here, we have to work for it. Yes, we are powerless....but God is powerful. We can effect no change in and of ourselves. But prayer to our father almighty can

Go to bed Carleen. Ok. LATER!

Carleendiane

Quote from: Christe Eleison on April 18, 2018, 03:37:01 PM

Dear Carleen,

You, Dymphna, NON NOBIS, PerEvangelicaDicta, MundaCORMeum, Kayla_Veronia, Diaduit, Fleur-De-Lys,
Maryslittlegarden, ServusMariae, NoahMoerbeek, XAVIER, James, Miles Christi, Miriam M., Gardener, Greg,

are the life & soul of this forum. I feel like I can always count on you all in a pinch. What a true Blessing!

Thank you & God bless. Please keep praying, we are not off the hook...May Our Blessed Lord have Mercy on us all!

:grouphug: for you Christe, you are a wonderful young lady. God must find you so sweet.

dymphna17

Quote from: Christe Eleison on April 18, 2018, 03:49:53 PM
Quote from: dymphna17 on April 14, 2018, 07:42:02 AM

Dear Dymphna,

Thank you for always being such a thoughtful, kind & caring soul. I truly appreciate your prayers,
advice & words, I have read them several times. It means a lot to me.
The past 2 years have been very difficult in many ways. And I worry about everything
going on in the world & in the Church. Thank you for everything. God bless you & yours.

:pray1: :pray2:

Thank you so much Christe.  I completely understand since I've had those fears myself.  It wasn't until a Priest told me to remember to not lose my Catholic sense of Peace, our connection with God.  Nor can we neglect our duties of state by getting caught up in the world's nonsense. *Not saying that that is what you are doing Christe, it was just a word of warning from the Priest to me that I thought might be of interest to you.  :)

Thank you again for your kind words.  Your words matter, Christe, and this forum is better because of them.  Take care & God bless.   :pray3: 8)
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

Carleendiane

Quote from: Christe Eleison on April 18, 2018, 03:37:01 PM

Dear Carleen,

KAESE!!!!! Our masterful master, don't forget him, Christe!!! :)

Carleendiane

So, thinking about stopping. Thinking, that is. Seems I have a regular circuit, or pattern my thoughts turn in. It's not good....it's habit. And worry seems to be the center point. Wasn't I just lecturing Christe on the uselessness of fear and anxiety. Yet I probably spend more time in worry, than prayer. This is my confession. And goodness, the dark places my worry takes me. My imagination is fired by my worry, which fires my anxiety. If I could meditate constantly on the beauty and love of Our Lady and her perfect Son, there would be no room in my head for my earthly concerns.

Soon I will go to bed....and try not to worry. But....but no....just do it. I mean don't do it.

dymphna17

Quote from: Carleendiane on April 19, 2018, 07:59:03 PM
So, thinking about stopping. Thinking, that is. Seems I have a regular circuit, or pattern my thoughts turn in. It's not good....it's habit. And worry seems to be the center point. Wasn't I just lecturing Christe on the uselessness of fear and anxiety. Yet I probably spend more time in worry, than prayer. This is my confession. And goodness, the dark places my worry takes me. My imagination is fired by my worry, which fires my anxiety. If I could meditate constantly on the beauty and love of Our Lady and her perfect Son, there would be no room in my head for my earthly concerns.

Soon I will go to bed....and try not to worry. But....but no....just do it. I mean don't do it.

Hey now!  Stop all that!  It's not worth it.  Unfortunately, no one gets any better because we worry about them.  Neither do things.  Things don't get any better because we worry about them.  Just try to focus on... maybe the birds.  Look at what they live through because God allows it.  Can you imagine being perfectly content to be out in those little nests with who knows what all weather?  Crazy!  Yet there they are in the morning.  Singing and poking around for food.  Is it bad to say that I'm looking up to birds for meditation tips?  :lol:
?