go to bed

Started by Carleendiane, September 11, 2016, 01:19:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carleendiane

Again, I await that magic hour. Bedtime. Ok. No magic. But.....it does have allure for this tired soul. I keep waking up around 3 and staying awake until almost morning. Hoping I get to sleep all nite tonight. I should probably visit Dymph, or Servus, but instead I just keep on trying to fall back to sleep. I know Dymph goes through this too. Much more than I. I should just offer it up for HER sleep. She needs it much more than I do. After all she is the one who started the 4am thread!
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Carleendiane

Believe it or not.....we have been getting April showers ALL day!!! Snow showers, that is. Right now, almost white outs at times. These April showers may KILL May flowers!!
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Non Nobis

Quote from: Carleendiane on April 09, 2018, 06:14:15 PM
Believe it or not.....we have been getting April showers ALL day!!! Snow showers, that is. Right now, almost white outs at times. These April showers may KILL May flowers!!

Over here it has been in the upper 80s!  I would enjoy a faint mist of snow...
[Matthew 8:26]  And Jesus saith to them: Why are you fearful, O ye of little faith? Then rising up he commanded the winds, and the sea, and there came a great calm.

[Job  38:1-5]  Then the Lord answered Job out of a whirlwind, and said: [2] Who is this that wrappeth up sentences in unskillful words? [3] Gird up thy loins like a man: I will ask thee, and answer thou me. [4] Where wast thou when I laid up the foundations of the earth? tell me if thou hast understanding. [5] Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?

Jesus, Mary, I love Thee! Save souls!

Carleendiane

Quote from: Non Nobis on April 09, 2018, 06:53:10 PM
Quote from: Carleendiane on April 09, 2018, 06:14:15 PM

Over here it has been in the upper 80s!  I would enjoy a faint mist of snow...

And Non, I would SO love to share some with you!!! In person, near my fire, with wine and cheese.

dymphna17

This is a meme that was going around here the other day.

Hubby thought it was too accurate to be funny, but I sure laughed.  Today was windy and in the 50's and tomorrow is supposed to be up to 80.  He'll be happy then.

Well, I went and spent a little time with the fam damly.  Went to a school function for one of the girls.  Is it terrible to say that they don't look any better than I do for a change.  Probably, but I said it anyway.  They still one up me on living quarters, but if I was working I don't think that would be happening.  The girls are absolutely beautiful of course.  The one I went to see play in the band competition is the one they said was autistic.  There was certainly no evidence of that during the time I was around her.  I know there is a spectrum for it, but she came running up to me and gave me a hug.  She sits first chair in the school band overall, which is pretty awesome.  She's got her Mom and Grandmother's flaming red hair and pulls it off with a creamy, pink hued complexion.  Just beautiful.  I'll quit bragging.  Did I say both the girls are beautiful?   ;) :)

I should be finished with this shadowbox and have a picture or 2 tonight or tomorrow morning.  Just have to add the touch of bling and clean the glass.  I hope she likes it.  Not knowing anything about her makes it a little stressful, but there's nothing in there that I can't change.  Maybe she hates lilacs or roses.   :shrug:  Quick!  Pull a tulip switcherroo!  :lol:  Sure hope I sleep tonight!  Pretty please, God...  Meh.  Plenty to offer it up for if I don't.  Right?  Right.   8)
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

Carleendiane

So glad you saw nieces and we're delighted with them. Nieces are wonderful. And beautiful to boot!!! Yes. We will sleep because we must. Write you tomorrow. (I think you may have made your musical niece's night for her. You made it even more special!)

About that shadowbox. Leave it be. You were probably inspired.

Carleendiane

Oh for goodness sake, I almost forgot...g-nite all.

dymphna17

Quote from: Carleendiane on April 10, 2018, 07:42:41 PM
Oh for goodness sake, I almost forgot...g-nite all.

Sweet dreams!
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

dymphna17

Well, here's the end product (I'm putting it in here because this is where the other pictures of it are, I don't know what happened to the picture that's missing):

It's in a 12" x 12" white shadowbox frame. I wish my phone took better pictures.  The colors were alot more vibrant than this and you can't see the sparkle from the crystals, but you get the idea.  I guess she was really happy with it.  Whew!   8)
?

Carleendiane

Quote from: dymphna17 on April 11, 2018, 04:05:06 PM
Well, here's the end product (I'm putting it in here because this is where the other pictures of it are, I don't know what happened to the picture that's missing):

It's in a 12" x 12" white shadowbox frame. I wish my phone took better pictures.  The colors were alot more vibrant than this and you can't see the sparkle from the crystals, but you get the idea.  I guess she was really happy with it.  Whew!   8)

That is amazing!!!! Wonderful crafting. Jenny will love it!

Carleendiane

Back to bed in about 3 hours! I am so pathetic. I love my bed!!!!

dymphna17

Quote from: Carleendiane on April 11, 2018, 06:04:19 PM
Back to bed in about 3 hours! I am so pathetic. I love my bed!!!!

Nothing pathetic about any of that!  I'm off to find mine.  God is being merciful and allowed me to get my migraine meds a few hours early.  My bed is calling my name and assuring me that I will be there all night!  Is it wrong to be doing the happy dance in my mind between heartbeats?
?

Carleendiane

Yes. BED. But later. Not now. Don't want to wake at 4 and sleep no more. Right? Well of course I am, or I'm not big momma. So instead, I'll just make a wee little drink. Just a wee one!

dymphna17

Quote from: Carleendiane on April 13, 2018, 06:08:57 PM
Yes. BED. But later. Not now. Don't want to wake at 4 and sleep no more. Right? Well of course I am, or I'm not big momma. So instead, I'll just make a wee little drink. Just a wee one!

Make one for me too!  A "wee" one won't hurt or make you go wee in the night.   ;)  Here's to a good one big Mama!   :beer:
?

Christe Eleison

Ladies, dear sisters in Christ. SD friends. I am sorry to interrupt the party. But I am in tears, I am really scared.  :'(

I need your prayers to stop WWIII. Please stop by the prayer thread, please pray for our country, please pray for these world leaders.
Please pray for our troops. Please pray for Christians in the Middle East, especially children.

Please pray for peace in the Middle East. We are witnessing Bible prophecy right before our eyes.
Again, we are involved in something we should not be in.

:grouphug:

:pray1: :pray2: :pray3:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-04-14/trump-to-make-statement-on-syria-as-expectations-of-strike-grow

http://www.catholic-bible.org/isaiah/isaiah-17.htm  ISAIAH 17