go to bed

Started by Carleendiane, September 11, 2016, 01:19:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carleendiane

G-nite! Sleep tight, whatever  that  means !
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

dymphna17

Quote from: Carleendiane on April 06, 2018, 08:11:34 PM
G-nite! Sleep tight, whatever  that  means !

It must be better than sleeping loose.  Right?   :shrug:
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

Carleendiane

Hey, Dymph, you out there??? Let's have a wee bit of a drink. It's early and soooooo much time before bed. Hey! I know! Let's play scrabble! Anyone?
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

dymphna17

I'm here.  Got my bottle of Jack in tow.  Want a swig?
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

Carleendiane

Quote from: dymphna17 on April 07, 2018, 07:52:32 PM

Sure Dymph, my wee little drink is not quite getting it. Yes, if you don't mind. I'll take a nice big swig in my wee little mouth. ; D

dymphna17

Quote from: Carleendiane on April 07, 2018, 08:09:33 PM

Sure Dymph, my wee little drink is not quite getting it. Yes, if you don't mind. I'll take a nice big swig in my wee little mouth. ; D

Swig away my wee friend!  I've got another bottle under my left wing.   ;)  Sleep will be had tonight!
?

Carleendiane

Quote from: dymphna17 on April 07, 2018, 08:24:40 PM

Swig away my wee friend!  I've got another bottle under my left wing.   ;)  Sleep will be had tonight!

Oh, thank you my dear Angel!!!! Yes, sleep will be had! And, isn't that our goal???

dymphna17

Quote from: Carleendiane on April 07, 2018, 08:26:27 PM
Quote from: dymphna17 on April 07, 2018, 08:24:40 PM

Oh, thank you my dear Angel!!!! Yes, sleep will be had! And, isn't that our goal???

The only one that matters right now!   :)   :grouphug:
?

Carleendiane

It's me and you sis, against the disturber of sleep. What ever that is, it's certainly not good. Certainly not.

Carleendiane

Going to bed. Trying to avoid the grim sleeper!

dymphna17

It certainly demands attention.  I'm working on requilling this shadowbox I've been working on for the 4th time!  I've got to go get yet another 12 x 12 sheet to go under it as well as requill the name and a couple of flowers that didn't make the transition.  So frustrating!  I'm certainly hoping the 'disturber' doesn't use this against me.  Everything is good but I've never done letters before and have had to kind of make it up as I go along.  Sooner or later I've got to get it right, right?  Here's some pictures of some of it:

What do you think?
?

Carleendiane

Quote from: dymphna17 on April 07, 2018, 09:06:46 PM
It certainly demands attention.  I'm working on requilling this shadowbox I've been working on for the 4th time!  I've got to go get yet another 12 x 12 sheet to go under it as well as requill the name and a couple of flowers that didn't make the transition.  So frustrating!  I'm certainly hoping the 'disturber' doesn't use this against me.  Everything is good but I've never done letters before and have had to kind of make it up as I go along.  Sooner or later I've got to get it right, right?  Here's some pictures of some of it:

What do you think?

I think it is beautiful, even not finished. Whoever that is for is gonna love it and love you!!!!

MundaCorMeum

that quill work is amazing!  You're doing a great job.  Quilling is such a neat hobby.  I've never tried it, but it looks like it would be pretty enjoyable.

I'm almost ready for bed.  We drove home from my Mom's today.  A day earlier than expected, because a couple kids weren't feeling well, and the baby is teething.  We were all just really tired, and everyone needs a good night's sleep in their own bed.  Husband will be back home next weekend.  Can't wait!  For now, good night!    :pray3:

dymphna17

Thank you Ladies, for the positive feedback on the quilling.  It's going on a cool light blue background.  I've got some warm blue sheets, but it just doesn't do the trick.  So off to Michael's Alan will go tomorrow for me!  My head banging won't let me near florescent lights.  These projects bring my perfectionism to the front and center of my mind and nothing is ever "good enough", but sooner or later I just have to let it go.  There are new techniques I want to try, and I just got a book with some templates in it, so that should be interesting.  After this one though, I've got a heart shaped little box and a round little box to work on for my nieces birthdays.  I've got to get busy on Sage's anyway (the heart) since her birthday is in May.  Sasha's will be a little more difficult , but her birthday is in July so I have a little more time.  I guess she LOVES baseball, so I'm going to try to quill some stitches to make the box look like a baseball with the Kansas City Royals insignia.  I don't care what anybody says, it's going to have pink stitches!

Sasha invited us to go to her band competition on Monday.  She is the first chair playing saxophone.  She explained quite matter of factly that that means she's the best in her band class.  I don't know if that is just for the saxophone or for the band overall.  She's a pretty amazing kid.  Not what I expected at all.  Both she and Sage are amazing kids.  I proudly say that I had a hand in that.  We text alot and they call me "Auntie".  I just love it.  Their  :censor: Mother actually did something right in buying a house in one of the best school districts in this area.  It's no St Mary's Academy, but it's one that I would have chosen if I HAD to send my kids to public school.

Well, back to shaping paper letters I go!  I'm glad you are home Munda.  Sometimes it just the place you need to be.  Sweet dreams, y'all!   :grouphug:
?

Carleendiane

Your daisy and butterfly are just AMAZING!!! Beautiful!