go to bed

Started by Carleendiane, September 11, 2016, 01:19:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carleendiane

8k. Go to bed is ready for you. Blankets turned down. BUT WAIT!!!!! It's not even 7:30 yet. You want to meet Dymphna in the 4:00 thread. Well, of course not. 10 is a safe time to turn in. Yep. 10.
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Carleendiane

Ok. So go to bed. It's surely time. I'm heading to my pillow. Long day. Glad it's done!! G-nite all. If you're gonna dream, I hope they are sweet! God bless.
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Non Nobis

I have a kind of running diary on my PC (where I work more than on my Kindle or non-existent smart phone).  Should I just keep a new thread going here, "Non Nobis' Diary"? 

Sorry, I think not!  ;D :-[ :P ::)

Good night all.  Need to eat a late supper, but I'm turning the computer off FIRST!
[Matthew 8:26]  And Jesus saith to them: Why are you fearful, O ye of little faith? Then rising up he commanded the winds, and the sea, and there came a great calm.

[Job  38:1-5]  Then the Lord answered Job out of a whirlwind, and said: [2] Who is this that wrappeth up sentences in unskillful words? [3] Gird up thy loins like a man: I will ask thee, and answer thou me. [4] Where wast thou when I laid up the foundations of the earth? tell me if thou hast understanding. [5] Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?

Jesus, Mary, I love Thee! Save souls!

Carleendiane

Quote from: Non Nobis on February 09, 2018, 10:28:18 PM
I have a kind of running diary on my PC (where I work more than on my Kindle or non-existent smart phone).  Should I just keep a new thread going here, "Non Nobis' Diary"? 

Sorry, I think not!  ;D :-[ :P ::)

Good night all.  Need to eat a late supper, but I'm turning the computer off FIRST!

Oh, do, Non! Let us all in on the life of Non.  ;)

Carleendiane

Oh my!!!??? Forgot to open up. Well.. g-nite, all!

Carleendiane

Conversation starter:

8:12, time to consider what to wear to bed.  Must be comfy. Who needs it to be particularly attractive? I mean, it does no good. No matter what I wear, pretty or ugly I wake up looking the same. Wild bedhead. Wrinkled. Messy. Why put on something lovely when you wake up looking like something the dog dragged in. I ask you. Does that even make sense?

Open for comments.

Carleendiane

Closed now. Too late.

G-nite Per, Dymph, Lynne, Ches, Martin, Gardener, Laus in Russia by now, Scowler, Livenot, Habitual R., Kaese, Trump,
Non, Lydia, Lynne, Servus...good morning, Mikemac, Regina, Sojourn, Jacob, etc..... G-nite all.

Remember...what you wear to bed is of no significance. We all wake up looking basically the same. Bedhead, wrinkles.

See you for coffee in the morning!

Chestertonian

been staying at my mom's.. she has ahospitak bed in the living room with all my stuff.  the boys miss their mom. along about her every day.  The Olympics are a good diversion my wife always lives to watch them thankfully she can too.. Just not with us

I like it all from hockey to figure skating to curling to ski jumping. 
"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

Carleendiane

Quote from: Chestertonian on February 11, 2018, 09:53:09 PM
been staying at my mom's.. she has ahospitak bed in the living room with all my stuff.  the boys miss their mom. along about her every day.  The Olympics are a good diversion my wife always lives to watch them thankfully she can too.. Just not with us

I like it all from hockey to figure skating to curling to ski jumping.

Oh Ches, praying she is out soon, but not too soon. You need her well. The boys, too. God bless you all. And your kind mother!

Carleendiane

Going to bed as soon as I can tonight! Yep, totally excited about it too! Really. Not joking. Give me one good reason to stay up.

dymphna17

Headed that way, myself.  I think I'll actually sleep in bed tonight.  We'll see how that goes and then maybe try it again tomorrow.  Get a whole trend going!  Sweet dreams all, and may your angels keep any distractions at bay while you rest up for another day to spend battling for Our Lord!   :pray3:
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

Carleendiane

Quote from: dymphna17 on February 12, 2018, 07:13:23 PM
Headed that way, myself.  I think I'll actually sleep in bed tonight.  We'll see how that goes and then maybe try it again tomorrow.  Get a whole trend going!  Sweet dreams all, and may your angels keep any distractions at bay while you rest up for another day to spend battling for Our Lord!   :pray3:

Amen, sis.

MundaCorMeum

not quite ready.  kids are all down...husband is sleeping, too.  I'm opting for a few quiet moments alone.  Husband has off tomorrow, so I can sleep in if needed ;)

dymphna17

Quote from: MundaCorMeum on February 12, 2018, 10:04:47 PM
not quite ready.  kids are all down...husband is sleeping, too.  I'm opting for a few quiet moments alone.  Husband has off tomorrow, so I can sleep in if needed ;)

Now THERE'S the making of a good tomorrow!  Yay Hubby!   ;) :)
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

ServusMariae

So ... it's officially Ash Wednesday morning on my side now. & since it's Valentine's Day as well, my heart is weirdly excited to meet the Divine Spouse of my soul later at Mass .. Gonna make this whole Lenten season a seriously intimate season between me & Him alone. It's gonna be romantic. ;)  :pray2: