go to bed

Started by Carleendiane, September 11, 2016, 01:19:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carleendiane

Quote from: maryslittlegarden on January 26, 2018, 08:07:39 PM
But the duck made too much noise.  And then the chicken decided to cross the road and...

And the duck followed the chicken, off the road and into the way of perdition...
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

dymphna17

Quote from: Carleendiane on January 26, 2018, 08:10:51 PM
But the duck made too much noise.  And then the chicken decided to cross the road and...

And the duck followed the chicken, off the road and into the way of perdition...

Which seemed like fun at the time... But soon they realized the error of their ways and ...
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

Carleendiane

Quote from: dymphna17 on January 26, 2018, 08:14:02 PM
Quote from: Carleendiane on January 26, 2018, 08:10:51 PM

Which seemed like fun at the time... But soon they realized the error of their ways and ...

Got good and drunk on some corn whiskey, resulting in.....
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Carleendiane

Duck and chicken passing out in some unknown chicken coop, on some decrepit farm, owned by an ancient Amish gentleman.....

dymphna17

Quote from: Carleendiane on January 26, 2018, 09:06:51 PM
Duck and chicken passing out in some unknown chicken coop, on some decrepit farm, owned by an ancient Amish gentleman.....

Who was the pride of his community due to his his prowess in raising and grooming Mongolian roostchick's (Have to be sure not to use the wrong pronoun for them or they will unionize like the ducks and then you cann kiss your wings goodbye) has won 1st place every year for the last 7 years.  This year, however,...
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

Carleendiane

Quote from: dymphna17 on January 26, 2018, 10:20:06 PM
Quote from: Carleendiane on January 26, 2018, 09:06:51 PM

Who was the pride of his community due to his his prowess in raising and grooming Mongolian roostchick's (Have to be sure not to use the wrong pronoun for them or they will unionize like the ducks and then you cann kiss your wings goodbye) has won 1st place every year for the last 7 years.  This year, however,...

to be continued....not sure when, maybe tomorrow. Have to think.....sleep think.

martin88nyc

Quote from: PerEvangelicaDicta on January 25, 2018, 01:18:38 AM
Isn't the formula / effectiveness due to the combo of onion, carrot, celery for an antioxidant effect?  And it's all simmered in bone broth.  Idk.  I'm always open to a good chicken soup recipe!

How are you tolerating that, Martin?
Very well by instead of onions I use chives. Carrots, celery, celeriac, zuccini, yellow or butternut squash or acorn, fennel bulb, parsley, dill and few other things.  Nutritious and delicious.
PS: the chickens story needs a good ending. Old MacDonald had a farm eieio....an on that farm he had a cow...eieio
"These things I have spoken to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you shall have distress: but have confidence, I have overcome the world." John 16:33

Carleendiane

I'm here, for anyone looking for their mama! Mary, you around? Guess Dymph and hubby are off to the circus. Maybe we should wait for her to continue our story. Gee, wonder what the old Amish man did with those birds. I'm sure Dymph  knows. :)

dymphna17

This year, Brother Aamon knew there was something different in the roostchicks, but he couldn't quite put his finger on what it was.  They just seemed more, "dare I even think it", he thought to himself?  They seemed more robust!  There, the word is out there.  Now, what to do about it?  I can't have...err...umm...THOSE kinds of roostchicks.  I'm just a humble Amish farmer.  I'm sure the Lord is telling me that something has to be done.  But what?  I don't know of anything that would have made such a dramatic change in them, much less how to fix it.  And that's when he heard it.  Someone was... gulp... of all things, singing!!  About that time the new Mennonite farm hand, Martin, came walking into the barn.  Singing!  "Old MacDonald had a farm, eieio..."   :whistling: :grin:
?

Carleendiane

Anyway, Martin, a secret Catholic, had a tummy ache, so the delightful ancient Amish farmer took pity on this poor young man, chopped the head off the chicken, had the mrs. clean and boil chicky, until she had a fine chicky broth. She made her way down to her moldy root cellar, found some delightfully moldy, mushy onions, potatoes, and a touch of Amish dirt, just a tad mind you, and whipped up her famous.... through out the Amish countryside.... antibiotic, antiparasite, antiyeast, anti all bad things...............ANTI-CATHOLIC.......ANTI-POPERY........broth. Tempted as Martin was to try this wonder cure.....

ETA...take it away, Dymph.....Mary....Per.....Munda.....Lynne....Martin.....Ches.......Lydia.....anyone

Carleendiane

Go to bed....later. Not now.

Dymph, don't we have a story to continue?

dymphna17

Indeed we do, Miss Carleen.

As sick as Martin was, he still knew this delicious smelling broth, which tempted him greatly, was a curse, not a cure for him.  He profusely thanked the Amish couple for their kindness, but he really had to get to the local hospital before he would allow anything else to get into his stomach he explained.  As he walked across the yard to get to the little dirt road that had inexplicably brought him here, he turned for one last glance and was quite shocked to see all the remaining roostchicks lined up on the side of the coop with 1 wing lifted high in the air, as if to salute him.  Then he heard the rooster crow, "Farewell, young Martin!  Thank you for bringing us happiness with your songs, before we fulfill our destiny.  Godspeed young Martin!"  And as painful as it was, young Martin couldn't help but raise his hand high to bid them farewell.  And now to find a true cure, he thought to himself, as he pulled his collar up to stop the north wind from battering him as he walked to town.

NEXT!!   :tinfoil:
?

Carleendiane

Quote from: dymphna17 on January 29, 2018, 07:51:46 PM
Indeed we do, Miss Carleen.

As sick as Martin was, he still knew this delicious smelling broth, which tempted him greatly, was a curse, not a cure for him.  He profusely thanked the Amish couple for their kindness, but he really had to get to the local hospital before he would allow anything else to get into his stomach he explained.  As he walked across the yard to get to the little dirt road that had inexplicably brought him here, he turned for one last glance and was quite shocked to see all the remaining roostchicks lined up on the side of the coop with 1 wing lifted high in the air, as if to salute him.  Then he heard the rooster crow, "Farewell, young Martin!  Thank you for bringing us happiness with your songs, before we fulfill our destiny.  Godspeed young Martin!"  And as painful as it was, young Martin couldn't help but raise his hand high to bid them farewell.  And now to find a true cure, he thought to himself, as he pulled his collar up to stop the north wind from battering him as he walked to town.

NEXT!!   :tinfoil:

....with sadness in his heart he trudged along remembering his sweet time spent with those crazy roostchicks, the smell of the antibiotic,  anti catholic bone broth still clinging to his nose hair. That  poor Amish couple, trying to do good for him. They meant well. Little did they know, he slipped a few green scapulars here and there around the farm, when their backs were turned. A sweet and hopeful smile spread across his noble, emaciated, though still handsome face. The cold North wind took his breath away as he trudged on, singing in perfect pitch....."Swing lo, sweet chariot...." ....

NEXT!!!!!!!

Carleendiane

Ok, maybe I will GTB. Maybe.

Carleendiane

Yep. I'm done in. GOOD NITE ALL! Sleep well. See you tomorrow! A new day!