go to bed

Started by Carleendiane, September 11, 2016, 01:19:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carleendiane

Going to bed as soon as I finish baking my bread. Got half of it done. Just need to bake a few more loaves.
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

dymphna17

Got any fishes to go with those loaves?  You must be exhausted baking this late.  Time to put your footsies up and have a couple of shots.  How long does it take you to relax before you can go to sleep?
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

Carleendiane

Quote from: dymphna17 on January 16, 2018, 09:28:05 PM
Got any fishes to go with those loaves?  You must be exhausted baking this late.  Time to put your footsies up and have a couple of shots.  How long does it take you to relax before you can go to sleep?

Takes me about 1 1/2 hours. I don't like baking late because the mess I end up with is big, so I do half the cleanup, then finish,in the morning. Like most women, I like to get up to a clean kitchen. Bread turned out awesome, had some with coffee this morn. Fresh bread with butter and a little honey is great. Honey is not something I use much of. Nor sugar because I don't bake sweets, though I love them.

DIL- to be  baked mini apple pies that had such a beautiful crust and very pop tartish flavor. Well, maybe that doesn't sound so good, but believe me, put them with a cuppa coffee or tea, and they were wonderful! My son may actually get back up to 170 lbs again. RI ghat now he is around 160 and looks best with a few more pounds on him. Ha, opposite of my problem. I could lose 10 and no one would know.  :-\
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

dymphna17

Another baker in the family!  That's great!  WHOAAA!  My angelfish (Raphy) just charged and rammed into the shark (Charlie).  Holy cow!  It's like bumper cars in there.  Charlie was eating algae off the side of the tank and Raphy went to the opposite side (it's a hexagon shaped tank) and then practically flew all the way across and rammed right into Charlie.  Then backed up and did it again.  I gotta stop this.
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

Carleendiane

YES...OPEN! We are so open you would not believe it. Come on in. See for yourself.  I have a lovely sweatshirt on and the perfect pre-bed head.

Carleendiane

Oh, for got to report, my Internet was down for most of the afternoon. Hope I didn't miss anything!  :)

dymphna17

ZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz............   :pray3: :pray3: :pray3: :pray3: :pray3:  ZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzz...........   :pray1: :pray1: :pray1: :pray1: :pray1:  You all get the picture, right?   :) 8)
?

Carleendiane

We couldn't be MORE open than we are now.  Enjoying a  beer. Just a spring board to 10 bedish time!

Carleendiane

Dymph, Non, Munda, Lydia, Lynne..... Ches, Martin, Kepha, really? Another nite alone. No matter, a toast to all. Per? Toast to you. Glad you are back!

PerEvangelicaDicta

A toast backatcha CD!  And here's a big hug for good measure, sweet angel.

And for the rest of you little, big and even curmudgeon angels, SD family!   :grouphug:
They shall not be confounded in the evil time; and in the days of famine they shall be filled
Psalms 36:19

Carleendiane

Open and closed due to little interest. Going to bed. Nitey- nite!

dymphna17

Quote from: Carleendiane on January 19, 2018, 09:44:41 PM
Open and closed due to little interest. Going to bed. Nitey- nite!
:'( :beer: :shrug: :popcorn: :grouphug: :hide: :grouphug:
?

Chestertonian

my wife has been texting me a lot from the hospital.  she cant sleep.  shes very anxious.  she refuses to talk to the counselor they sent in or the nurses.  One of the nurses came in to help when she was havinga  horrible flashback today and tried to do this thing we call a "grounding exercise." I do them all the time with myself and with my wife. i have her name all the blue things in the room, or i say "name 3 sounds you hear" or things like that.  we do it for each other when we're having flashbacks.  so this nurse said can you name 4 sounds you can hear" or soethingand my wife wouldnt engage at all because she was worried there was a "wrong" answer and a "right" answer and she was scared of giving the wrong answer. 

shes up all night telling me she cant sleep and she really really wants to self harm, which shes been doing for 20 years, with razors.  same thing over and over.  and she doesnt have those where she is so it's extremely hard.  this is the sort of thing she'd do at work or when she's with the kids to keep flashbacks at bay, or control her emotions but now she doesnt have that so it's hard for her to have any semblance of coping.  plus the eating disorder was the other way she coped.  That and exercise, which shes not allowed to do.  thankfully she seems to have an easier time praying than i do. 

im just scared shes going to go to the other part of the unit eventually where they dont let you have your phone.  I can't talk on the phone so texting her is how we communicate.  so that is going to be awful.

it's hard hearing her talk about the self harm but i chose to email her psychiatrist and tell him that she's feeling this way because i really dont want her to injure herself.  hoping she isnt angry at me i dont want her to feel betrayed but i feel like i have to do this right now im not going to be ale to sleep well if i dont.
"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

Lydia Purpuraria

I'm so sorry, Ches.  Wish I knew something more helpful to say than that. 

Would her psychiatrist be able to have any say in whether or not she gets moved to where she can't have her phone?   (Or is there another / different one in the hospital who is actually making the final call on her treatment / placement?)

Chestertonian

Quote from: Lydia Purpuraria on January 20, 2018, 07:45:04 AM
I'm so sorry, Ches.  Wish I knew something more helpful to say than that. 

Would her psychiatrist be able to have any say in whether or not she gets moved to where she can't have her phone?   (Or is there another / different one in the hospital who is actually making the final call on her treatment / placement?)

He has attending privileges but doesn't normally work on the eating disorders team

So he'll be an adjunct to the regular treatment team she gets.  He said the eating disorders clinic isn't as strict and they can leave phones at the nurses station and have them during some of the breaks

"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"