go to bed

Started by Carleendiane, September 11, 2016, 01:19:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carleendiane

Ok. Yep. Bedtime. Don't fight it. If you feel like you can sleep, you probably can. Really. I know this from experience.
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

dymphna17

I often find that if I really need to wake up, I just go lay down and pretend I'm going to bed.  The brain and  the bod are immediately wide awake within about 2 seconds.  Weird, I know. But it's me.   :-\ee                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

Carleendiane

Quote from: dymphna17 on January 01, 2018, 11:28:47 PM
I often find that if I really need to wake up, I just go lay down and pretend I'm going to bed.  The brain and  the bod are immediately wide awake within about 2 seconds.  Weird, I know. But it's me.   :-\ee                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 

Yep, that is weird. Lately, I just put head on pillow and I'm gone. Sometimes I struggle sometimes not. Lately, not.
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Carleendiane

Bed head thread open now! Let's drink to a good night's sleep for all, you hear me Dymph....Ches??? Everyone.

dymphna17

Quote from: Carleendiane on January 02, 2018, 06:19:49 PM
Bed head thread open now! Let's drink to a good night's sleep for all, you hear me Dymph....Ches??? Everyone.

Loud and clear!  Now keep it down, I'm trying to sleep!   :lol:
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

Carleendiane

7:30. Time to open. Having a shot with some bubble water. Just warming up for bed! Got a bit of work done. Now ready to relax a bit here and will be sleeping by 11 for sure!

Well....maybe 10:20. Good nite!

Carleendiane

Yes, yes, I know it's early, but getting dark here already. I actually like the short days because it's easier for me to get to bed earlier. I know...it's all psychological. But still with fewer daylight hours I do get to bed earlier. Gotta say another rosary with hubby then get him some dinner. I still eat very little, so a dinner plate of food is something I don't do. I will eat, just not so much. Don't eat a regular lunch either, but I do have a few bites of meat and a fruit or 2 through out my day. Sometimes, especially after Mass, I feel ravenous, but not so much during the week. I should be a stick lady, but assure you I am not. Nor am I an anorexic. Actually, though we do not keep sweets, if someone brings some over I am on them like white on rice. :)  :-\

dymphna17

Quote from: Carleendiane on January 04, 2018, 04:49:53 PM
Yes, yes, I know it's early, but getting dark here already. I actually like the short days because it's easier for me to get to bed earlier. I know...it's all psychological. But still with fewer daylight hours I do get to bed earlier. Gotta say another rosary with hubby then get him some dinner. I still eat very little, so a dinner plate of food is something I don't do. I will eat, just not so much. Don't eat a regular lunch either, but I do have a few bites of meat and a fruit or 2 through out my day. Sometimes, especially after Mass, I feel ravenous, but not so much during the week. I should be a stick lady, but assure you I am not. Nor am I an anorexic. Actually, though we do not keep sweets, if someone brings some over I am on them like white on rice. :)  :-\

Yeah, after all these years, Hubby is just now figuring out that my size isn't due to what or how much I eat, it's a lovely by-product of PCOS.  A nibble here and there does me fine.  Do you find it difficult or weird to just be cooking for the 2 of you after cooking for a large family all those years?  Just the little bit that I helped my friend with the 13 kids with and then when they lived here for those few months was completely different when I just cooked for the 2 of us.
?

Carleendiane

Oh yes, Dymph, I cook for a crew always. End up freezing soups because I make too much. But there are lots of days I don't have to make a thing because my freezer is full of leftovers, which hubby has no problem with. He loves leftovers. I loved cooking big dinners feeding lots of mouths. Now, I'm not really up to the pace I ran, so I guess I'm better off without the numbers to feed  :-\

dymphna17

Quote from: Carleendiane on January 04, 2018, 07:19:43 PM
Oh yes, Dymph, I cook for a crew always. End up freezing soups because I make too much. But there are lots of days I don't have to make a thing because my freezer is full of leftovers, which hubby has no problem with. He loves leftovers. I loved cooking big dinners feeding lots of mouths. Now, I'm not really up to the pace I ran, so I guess I'm better off without the numbers to feed  :-\

Don't feel bad.  I think God does this by design.  We live pretty close to the hospitals here in town and with such a big house, it was my dream that people from the parish could just stay with us when they had a loved one in the hospital and we would take care of anything they needed.  A friend got out of the restaurant business and gave us his full sized freezer.  At that time the house was in great shape, but there were a couple of adjustments I wanted to make before we had people over.  Things like bringing the washer and dryer upstairs and extending the bathroom into the nursery and put in double sinks.  Just minor things.  Then the migraines started again and 1 job down.  Started getting a bit better but then Hubby got the flying bug, which isn't cheap.  So I had to move on from that dream.   :-\  Now the dream is to get through a month without needing Butorphanol, i.e. migraine free.
?

Carleendiane

Oh my sweets, sorry it went this way... :grouphug:

Carleendiane

Yep. Go to bed is open. How about a shot of cheer? Too late. Already broke out the cheer. Well, not to late...we have a very cheerful choir here! We will be cheerful at least until 10:30. Come by. Be cheerful with us. Having salmon after practice. And baked potato chunks and salad. Really, should be delightfulet Cheer-ful.

Carleendiane

Opening early tonight. It's so stinking dark here. Can't help thinking about sleep! Must be tired, huh? So, got the chimney cleaned and all is well now. No more threat of chimney fire. Can quit worrying about that anyway!

Carleendiane

Watching Susan Boyle again,on youtube. Never fails to amaze me. Wow. She looks like a cleaning lady and sings like a true artist. Always warms my heart.

Carleendiane

Dymph, you good? Munda? Non?