go to bed

Started by Carleendiane, September 11, 2016, 01:19:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carleendiane

Quote from: dymphna17 on December 17, 2017, 10:08:26 AM
Quote from: Carleendiane on December 16, 2017, 08:12:54 PM
Ok. So. Hopefully when I get up, and get ready for Mass, I will be able to recycle the animal on my head. Tame the beast and not have to spend valuable time in front of my bathroom mirror. I can hope  :-\

Ah, yes, the phenomenon known as "bed head".  This phenomenon should really be high upon the list of desired things for our bodies.  Like white teeth and clear skin.  "Bed Head" is proof from God that we have slept the night before.  What could be better than that?!  Glorify the Bed Head!  Be proud to have one!  Those who haven't slept yet will envy you even more when you walk by, proudly sporting your Bed Head upon your shoulders!  Thank you God, today for my Bed Head!

Oh Dymph, leave it to you to understand my inane comments. This is only part of the reason I LOVE you.
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Carleendiane

Yes, 9:56 is certainly bed thinking time. If you are not "bed thinkin", you are probably a night hawk. But the problem with night hawks is that they may be eaten by night owls, which certainly may be eaten by.....eagles? Well, they are all over Michigan and it is not a stretch to think the night hawks, eaten by the night owls, eaten by the eagles, are in danger. Are you in danger? Maybe you should think about turning in so as not to be a victim of the eagle. Just sayin.....
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Carleendiane

Bump. Really, it is quite important to tuck in the go to bed-ers!!!!

Carleendiane

So maybe I AM thinking about bed, what of it?

Carleendiane

Wow, only about 8:40. Too early, if I have any pride at all!

dymphna17

Quote from: Carleendiane on December 18, 2017, 07:41:06 PM

Forget pride!  If you have had any kind of busy today, it's bedtime.  Even I'm looking in that direction.  I will get the Christmas cards done, come heck or high water!  Then bed.  Well, after a little nap, maybe...
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

Carleendiane

Quote from: dymphna17 on December 18, 2017, 08:16:57 PM
Quote from: Carleendiane on December 18, 2017, 07:41:06 PM

Forget pride!  If you have had any kind of busy today, it's bedtime.  Even I'm looking in that direction.  I will get the Christmas cards done, come heck or high water!  Then bed.  Well, after a little nap, maybe...

This is why we are friends. You support me and certainly, I support you. Maybe I will nap for a minute.

Carleendiane

10:00 is my sweet time. Used to be 11 or 12. Being older and wiser, it is now 10. I was such a knownothing when I first arrived here. *geesh*!

dymphna17

You must know your limitations before you can exploit them, Noble Grasshopper.  Now you know how long you can stay up before you have a bad night.  Lesson learned!  Sweet dreams, my friend.
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

Carleendiane

Here I yam, again. I am so stupid, yes I am, but please help me to ... what?

dymphna17

Quote from: Carleendiane on December 19, 2017, 06:42:06 PM
Here I yam, again. I am so stupid, yes I am, but please help me to ... what?

:confused:   :shrug: :popcorn:
?

Carleendiane

G-nite. Sleep tight! She said.

dymphna17

OK, I replied.  Let her have a good night so she can do well tomorrow, she prayed for her friends.  "Let them all have a good night with sweet dreams, so they can fulfill their duties of state, each according to Your will, with a true sense of charity." 

O Merciful Jesus, Lover of souls, I pray Thee by the. agony of Thy most Sacred Heart and by the sorrows of Thy Immaculate Mother, cleanse in Thy Blood the sinners of the whole world who are  now in their agony and are to die this day.  Agonizing Heart of Jesus, have mercy on the dying.

And surely now, she thought, it's late enough and I can go to sleep.  Say night prayers, get into bed, ask my Guardian Angel to go be with those who need him more.  Say a rosary of thanksgiving for all the graces, people, crosses, ones I love most and least.   :pray3:
?

Carleendiane

Baked bread, made dozens of cookies, frosted and decorated, made a huge bread wreath. Thanks be to God, all turned out. But......I realized, I can not decorate cookies well at all anymore. Bummer. Left hand is too wacky. But... a baby boy was born today to his happy mother...while dad was home with the flu! Her little brother drove her in.

Carleendiane

Quote from: dymphna17 on December 20, 2017, 11:39:50 PM
OK, I replied.  Let her have a good night so she can do well tomorrow, she prayed for her friends.  "Let them all have a good night with sweet dreams, so they can fulfill their duties of state, each according to Your will, with a true sense of charity." 

O Merciful Jesus, Lover of souls, I pray Thee by the. agony of Thy most Sacred Heart and by the sorrows of Thy Immaculate Mother, cleanse in Thy Blood the sinners of the whole world who are  now in their agony and are to die this day.  Agonizing Heart of Jesus, have mercy on the dying.

And surely now, she thought, it's late enough and I can go to sleep.  Say night prayers, get into bed, ask my Guardian Angel to go be with those who need him more.  Say a rosary of thanksgiving for all the graces, people, crosses, ones I love most and least.   :pray3:

Dymph, this^^^^^^ is so sweet, so beautiful, I almost cried. I want you to give my eulogy! And of course, not during Mass! Maybe at the funeral home. Somehow, you manage to say the most touching things. Thank you, Sis.... :)