go to bed

Started by Carleendiane, September 11, 2016, 01:19:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ServusMariae

So ... it's time to say good nite, then? Good nite, dear Carleen! :seeya:

Carleendiane

Yes servus. Getting late. But ....feeling truth has been spoken here. Any way...I just found a lot of chocolate fifty cent pieces on my coffee tsble. Yes I ate some and enjoyed it...  with just a tad of conscience. No, not totally without. But, it was a gift, for St Nicholas day.!
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Non Nobis

Quote from: Carleendiane on December 06, 2017, 10:23:25 PM
Yes servus. Getting late. But ....feeling truth has been spoken here. Any way...I just found a lot of chocolate fifty cent pieces on my coffee tsble. Yes I ate some and enjoyed it...  with just a tad of conscience. No, not totally without. But, it was a gift, for St Nicholas day.!

You're making me wish I were a kid again!  (Hmm, do they make those gold chocolate coins in dark chocolate now?)

I was waiting for the arrival by 8PM (Amazon shipping) of a nifty gift I found for the hostess of a book club I belong to (we are reading C. S. Lewis' Mere Christianity).  It is a pewter Christmas ornament that is an angel sitting on a stool reading a book.  She is wearing pants. This is not a good thing for an angel; but she does match many of the women in the club* - so I will pass her off as a new member  :D! (The title of the book she is reading isn't very clear but it might be "The Christmas Story")

It is late and is now supposed to come Thurs or  Fri.  Good thing our club probably won't meet until next week!

*The club includes mostly novus ordo Catholics! :-\  ;) The hostess is someone I used to know in college.

Maybe I'll post a pic later.
[Matthew 8:26]  And Jesus saith to them: Why are you fearful, O ye of little faith? Then rising up he commanded the winds, and the sea, and there came a great calm.

[Job  38:1-5]  Then the Lord answered Job out of a whirlwind, and said: [2] Who is this that wrappeth up sentences in unskillful words? [3] Gird up thy loins like a man: I will ask thee, and answer thou me. [4] Where wast thou when I laid up the foundations of the earth? tell me if thou hast understanding. [5] Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?

Jesus, Mary, I love Thee! Save souls!

Carleendiane

Open now. Jammies allowed, but no pillows or beds yet. Way too early, you hear me? Way.
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Non Nobis

Quote from: Non Nobis on December 06, 2017, 11:08:51 PM
I was waiting for the arrival by 8PM (Amazon shipping) of a nifty gift I found for the hostess of a book club I belong to (we are reading C. S. Lewis' Mere Christianity).  It is a pewter Christmas ornament that is an angel sitting on a stool reading a book.  She is wearing pants. This is not a good thing for an angel; but she does match many of the women in the club* - so I will pass her off as a new member  :D! (The title of the book she is reading isn't very clear but it might be "The Christmas Story")

It is late and is now supposed to come Thurs or  Fri.  Good thing our club probably won't meet until next week!

*The club includes mostly novus ordo Catholics! :-\  ;) The hostess is someone I used to know in college.

In my mailbox tonight:

[Matthew 8:26]  And Jesus saith to them: Why are you fearful, O ye of little faith? Then rising up he commanded the winds, and the sea, and there came a great calm.

[Job  38:1-5]  Then the Lord answered Job out of a whirlwind, and said: [2] Who is this that wrappeth up sentences in unskillful words? [3] Gird up thy loins like a man: I will ask thee, and answer thou me. [4] Where wast thou when I laid up the foundations of the earth? tell me if thou hast understanding. [5] Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?

Kephapaulos

It's snowing in my city!

Carleendiane

Carleendiane

Quote from: Non Nobis on December 07, 2017, 07:01:43 PM
Quote from: Non Nobis on December 06, 2017, 11:08:51 PM

In my mailbox tonight:

Cute Non.Your group will love it's pants  :) Perfect for a reading club!

dymphna17

Quote from: Carleendiane on December 07, 2017, 08:44:59 PM
Snowing here, too.

Boo! Hiss! Boo!  Would you send some of that my way?  We never get enough snow to make it worthwhile.
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

Kephapaulos

Snowing here, too.

My city rarely gets snows though, but we were having power issues too.

ServusMariae

Quote from: dymphna17 on December 07, 2017, 09:47:01 PM
Snowing here, too.

Boo! Hiss! Boo!  Would you send some of that my way?  We never get enough snow to make it worthwhile.

be grateful to God for the little amount of snow your place has, Dymp ... Because there's no such thing as snow here in my country, Singapore. Just sun & rain all-year round.

Carleendiane

Ok, yep I'm a little late. But..went to mass, went to store, came home made a couple drinks, feeling a bit sleepy. So shoot me.

Non Nobis

Quote from: Kephapaulos on December 07, 2017, 10:26:36 PM
Snowing here, too.

Still having fire issues (and power issues come with that).  I'm safe though; it's a little ways away.

Once the entire city went dark overnight.  Not a fire issue - some problem with electrical grid.

No snow!

Carleendiane

Quote from: Non Nobis on December 08, 2017, 09:00:29 PM
Quote from: Kephapaulos on December 07, 2017, 10:26:36 PM
Snowing here, too.

Still having fire issues (and power issues come with that).  I'm safe though; it's a little ways away.

Once the entire city went dark overnight.  Not a fire issue - some problem with electrical grid.

No snow!

Dear God, protect Non. Please. Well her neighbors, too. :)

Carleendiane

Spent the day with 21 year old who lives in Colorado. Had a great day, then found out a costly endeavor some how got screwed up....again. Praying Martin will be ok. Poor boy. Really suffering. I know not to complain about anything with such suffering going on. God help him. Servus is at Mass and praying for him, God bless her! God bless all of you. Living a Catholic life is truly a life of the cross! But I will hug the cross, so maybe God will allow me to be a doorkeeper, at least! I will sweep the streets, I will polish the stones. I will pour the wine, I will clean the mansions, just so I can see the glories of God! Please, dear Lord, count me one of the elect, though I have given close to nothing, nor have I carried my crosses well. But...I have believed, and confessed, and transmitted the faith to my family. Of course, so have so many others!  :-\