go to bed

Started by Carleendiane, September 11, 2016, 01:19:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dymphna17

They must have a specific type of juror in mind Non.  Otherwise you would be a shoe-in.  Hubby was an alternate on the jury he was called for.  For whatever reason, they chose to put 4 men on trial, from the same murder case, at the same time.  But they had 12 different jurors for each man.  It still doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me.  I didn't know they could even do such a thing.

Hubby's Protege is spending the night.  I was having a glass of wine and he freaked out.  Apparently he associates any alcohol at all with drunken rages and alcoholism.  I can only imagine what this poor kid has seen.  Hopefully he will feel better in the morning when he sees that I didn't go on some kind of rampage.  Unless of course, I go on a drunken rampage.  You just never know about me.   :huh:
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

Carleendiane

Quote from: dymphna17 on December 01, 2017, 09:43:53 PM
They must have a specific type of juror in mind Non.  Otherwise you would be a shoe-in.  Hubby was an alternate on the jury he was called for.  For whatever reason, they chose to put 4 men on trial, from the same murder case, at the same time.  But they had 12 different jurors for each man.  It still doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me.  I didn't know they could even do such a thing.

Hubby's Protege is spending the night.  I was having a glass of wine and he freaked out.  Apparently he associates any alcohol at all with drunken rages and alcoholism.  I can only imagine what this poor kid has seen.  Hopefully he will feel better in the morning when he sees that I didn't go on some kind of rampage.  Unless of course, I go on a drunken rampage.  You just never know about me.   :huh:

You both will be so very blessed by God for providing this poor man, barely shaving child, some normalcy in his life. Both of you have such sweet open hearts for this boy. Dymphna, go ahead, buy him those towels. kid likes to know something is his very own. His very own. His own drawer of his very own things. I think it's a great idea. No matter what you buy for his very own drawer he will love it, because it is hís. Everyone needs something to call "my own" .  :) And I have little fear of a drunken rampage from you my sweets! He is a blessed young man to have you both. So is his sister...as I see it.   :)
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

dymphna17

Quote from: Carleendiane on December 01, 2017, 10:08:51 PM

You both will be so very blessed by God for providing this poor man, barely shaving child, some normalcy in his life. Both of you have such sweet open hearts for this boy. Dymphna, go ahead, buy him those towels. kid likes to know something is his very own. His very own. His own drawer of his very own things. I think it's a great idea. No matter what you buy for his very own drawer he will love it, because it is hís. Everyone needs something to call "my own" .  :) And I have little fear of a drunken rampage from you my sweets! He is a blessed young man to have you both. So is his sister...as I see it.   :)

You are too kind, Carleen.  He has stolen my heart, that's for sure.  He's now on the list to become one of "my boys".  He's certainly made a difference in Hubby's life.  I asked about the towel idea because I didn't want him to feel like I was making him separate from us.  I wanted him to take it as something special.  It was kind of funny, but I was teasing Hubby about having a surprise for him.  I did, but I didn't want it to be built up bigger than it really was.  Finally he turned to me and, speaking of himself, said, "You do know that boys don't get too excited about towels, don't you?"  I just about fell on the floor laughing.  His surprise was new flannel sheets AND new towels!  Then tonight Hubby forgot to give him the new towels when J went in to take his shower.  Maybe I'll wrap them up and give them to him as a Christmas gift.  We'll see.  Maybe I'll put a bow across the drawer for him.  Hmmm...  Now the ideas start streaming in.  Thanks Carleen!   :)
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

Carleendiane

Quote from: dymphna17 on December 01, 2017, 10:58:45 PM
Quote from: Carleendiane on December 01, 2017, 10:08:51 PM

You are too kind, Carleen.  He has stolen my heart, that's for sure.  He's now on the list to become one of "my boys".  He's certainly made a difference in Hubby's life.  I asked about the towel idea because I didn't want him to feel like I was making him separate from us.  I wanted him to take it as something special.  It was kind of funny, but I was teasing Hubby about having a surprise for him.  I did, but I didn't want it to be built up bigger than it really was.  Finally he turned to me and, speaking of himself, said, "You do know that boys don't get too excited about towels, don't you?"  I just about fell on the floor laughing.  His surprise was new flannel sheets AND new towels!  Then tonight Hubby forgot to give him the new towels when J went in to take his shower.  Maybe I'll wrap them up and give them to him as a Christmas gift.  We'll see.  Maybe I'll put a bow across the drawer for him.  Hmmm...  Now the ideas start streaming in.  Thanks Carleen!   :)

Don't know exactly what I did, but you certainly are welcome 😥 Dymph! Yes, tie a bow on the drawer. When he checks it out, he will be delighted to think it's all HIS! Yep a great idea. Don't forget the "shaving" cream and shavers!
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Carleendiane

AGAIN!!!! DO NOT GO TO BED!!!! Remember.....This thread is for chatting....before we hit the hay. It's for saying goodnight, for sharing a bottle, for counsel, for complaining, for good news, for bad news, for spiritual support, for sharing struggles and victories....then we go to bed. But rarely before 10.  All Littles should be in bed before us, by at least an hour.  :)

ServusMariae

Good morning Carleen! I just woke up from bed ... (*yawns*) I gotta prep to head to Mass later. ;)

Good news: Advent is finally in.
Bad news: Lumen has left SD ... for private reasons. Wept over her last nite ... she was soooo sweet .... (*sobs*)

Carleendiane

Oh, how sad. No goodbye message. Was it our fault Servus?

ServusMariae

Well ... It's more of my fault ... I haven't even blasted farewell confetti for her! :(
(I sound really drunk in the morning. :P)

ServusMariae

but assuredly ... she didn't left because it was our fault ... she said she needed to wean off the computer or something. Yea.

Kephapaulos

Quote from: ServusMariae on December 02, 2017, 05:55:16 PM
Well ... It's more of my fault ... I haven't even blasted farewell confetti for her! :(

No more confetti because Christmas hasn't come yet.  ;D

Carleendiane

Quote from: Kephapaulos on December 02, 2017, 06:04:41 PM

True, maybe we should not use confetti until advent is over. Whatcha think guys?

MundaCorMeum

Quote from: Carleendiane on December 02, 2017, 06:44:23 PM
Quote from: Kephapaulos on December 02, 2017, 06:04:41 PM

True, maybe we should not use confetti until advent is over. Whatcha think guys?

We have a few more hours until Advent starts...Go ahead and get it out your systems while you still can!  It is the liturgical New Year's Eve, after all

dymphna17

Is it about time for our rosary?  LC is gone?  Oh how sad.  Maybe once things quiet down for her at home she'll be back.
?

Carleendiane

Quote from: dymphna17 on December 02, 2017, 07:01:34 PM
Is it about time for our rosary?  LC is gone?  Oh how sad.  Maybe once things quiet down for her at home she'll be back.

:-[ :-\ :'( :pray2: :pray3: :(     yes, ithe seems she has left us. Just up and left without a word. I was so enjoying her here. But a woman has to do what she has to do. Just hoping she hasn't taken ofense over something said or maybe implied.  Lumen, if you read this....I will miss you, my dear.

Carleendiane

Oh, NO! I am getting forgetful. Will everyone know enough to go to BED? Well, if you stay up all night, you can blame it on me! I forgot to open up, chat, and tell everyone goodnight. Will you still love me in the morning?  :) at he more innocent probably won't get this. The older one may get it, but I worry that I remember these inuendofic meanings.

Well good night. Sleep tight. May our angels protect our subconscious, and guide our dreams to good and not bad! Amen. God bless. Sorry I left you  al to wander and wonder what time it is. :-[