go to bed

Started by Carleendiane, September 11, 2016, 01:19:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kephapaulos

Quote from: Carleendiane on November 26, 2017, 10:09:15 PM
Gnite, Kepha, Lumen, Dymph, Ches, Servus, Munda, Non, Lydia, Martin, and all! Sleep well. No bad dreams. No getting up numerous times God bless!

Good night, CD!

Kephapaulos

Hey, SM and LC, be sure to check out the music I posted in the Catholic Liturgical Life subforum. ;D

I had thought of matching some music I know I was performed in certain churches that was posted in your Christian Civilization thread, LC.

Carleendiane

Might as well. Go to bed I mean. Will do, in about half an hour. Yup. Tired i am. How bout you? Tired?
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

ServusMariae

I'm not tired. I just woke up to a beautiful morning surrounded by noisy mynas. Praise God! :D

ServusMariae

Quote from: Kephapaulos on November 26, 2017, 11:13:47 PM
Hey, SM and LC, be sure to check out the music I posted in the Catholic Liturgical Life subforum. ;D

Yes I did, Kepha! They're all great but from 1st Sunday of Advent onwards I gotta learn how to  sing Alma Redemptoris Mater. Kinda stressed lol ..

Carleendiane

Quote from: ServusMariae on November 27, 2017, 08:54:06 PM
Quote from: Kephapaulos on November 26, 2017, 11:13:47 PM

Yes I did, Kepha! They're all great but from 1st Sunday of Advent onwards I gotta learn how to  sing Alma Redemptoris Mater. Kinda stressed lol ..

Are you in the choir, Sevus?
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

ServusMariae

Quote from: Carleendiane on November 27, 2017, 09:10:44 PM

I used to, but now I belong to a club of regular faithful for Sunday Mass. ^-^

The parish bulletin told everyone start learning that 1 chant for the whole Advent, & I presume I'm not the only one who is vexed ... :lol:

Carleendiane

Ok, so....go to bed is now open. Please stop in and tell me what kind of day you had! Had a decent day. Hope you all had a decent day.

Kepha, how did your interview go? Please God, I hope this went well for you.

MundaCorMeum

Today was actually really nice.  Our co-op was cancelled, so there were no commitments or places to be today.  We accomplished chores, school, then decided to run to the hardware store on a whim.... just because we could.  I needed new brooms and a new mop.  A sample of paint to touch up my kitchen walls. And, some herbs and flowers for my garden.  That's what we did today.  Brought a few smiles and laughs to the people at the store (because crazy woman with all the kids).  Cashed in on some frosty coupons.  Planted herbs when we got home.  Ate some sandwiches, and now kids are cleaning kitchen.  Husband is traveling, so we miss him.  OH!  Baby started walking today!  Quickly moving to 'not baby' status.  They grow so stinking fast!

Carleendiane

Quote from: MundaCorMeum on November 28, 2017, 06:51:02 PM
Today was actually really nice.  Our co-op was cancelled, so there were no commitments or places to be today.  We accomplished chores, school, then decided to run to the hardware store on a whim.... just because we could.  I needed new brooms and a new mop.  A sample of paint to touch up my kitchen walls. And, some herbs and flowers for my garden.  That's what we did today.  Brought a few smiles and laughs to the people at the store (because crazy woman with all the kids).  Cashed in on some frosty coupons.  Planted herbs when we got home.  Ate some sandwiches, and now kids are cleaning kitchen.  Husband is traveling, so we miss him.  OH!  Baby started walking today!  Quickly moving to 'not baby' status.  They grow so stinking fast!

Sounds like a very pleasant day to me, Munda! No way....baby already walking? Seems like you just had  her. Wow, how can this be? Yes, they grow so fast! Kiddies are probably thrilled, begging her to walk to them. Mine were like that. They enjoyed baby's milestones as much as me, the mama!

MundaCorMeum

Quote from: Carleendiane on November 28, 2017, 08:03:35 PM
Quote from: MundaCorMeum on November 28, 2017, 06:51:02 PM

Sounds like a very pleasant day to me, Munda! No way....baby already walking? Seems like you just had  her. Wow, how can this be? Yes, they grow so fast! Kiddies are probably thrilled, begging her to walk to them. Mine were like that. They enjoyed baby's milestones as much as me, the mama!

indeed, they are super excited and coaxing her on like nothing else!  It is just so wonderful to see.  Children enjoying each other.  8 year old actually got to see her first solo steps...little one has been standing and walking along furniture and such for a few weeks now.  For just a moment, I was tempted to be sad and jealous (no judgment!!), but then I realized how great it was for those two girls to share that moment, even without me there - especially since 8 year old is a middle child.  So, I told older daughter, "you got to see your sister walk for the first time!  You're a lucky girl.  That is a really special thing for y'all." 

And, yes, it feels like I just took her home yesterday!  It's bittersweet.  I love watching them grow and reach milestones and experience the world around them, but oh those tiny babies!  I'll be sad when my nursing days are over...no matter how much I complain about having to do it sometimes  :P

Kephapaulos

Quote from: ServusMariae on November 27, 2017, 09:28:39 PM
Quote from: Carleendiane on November 27, 2017, 09:10:44 PM

I used to, but now I belong to a club of regular faithful for Sunday Mass. ^-^

The parish bulletin told everyone start learning that 1 chant for the whole Advent, & I presume I'm not the only one who is vexed ... :lol:

The chant Alma Redemptoris Mater is not too hard once you listen to it a lot and keep singing along with it. It's one of my favorites, the solemn tone that is.

Non Nobis

I have to get myself to bed pretty soon now, because I have jury duty all day tomorrow and need to take early bus(es) to get there by 7:45AM, which for me is early :-[.  I could drive myself but they strongly advise not to because of traffic and parking (which they don't pay for).  I've developed being-late-for-jury-duty-phobia (do they put you in jail?  :hide:) so I'm going to get started even much earlier. I rarely take buses so I've had to spend some time figuring out the schedules, although google maps is amazing.

I wonder if I will get on a trial?  I have been before (drug smuggling) but not for a while.

My kindle is coming along, as it may be a long day.

Good night!  :)
[Matthew 8:26]  And Jesus saith to them: Why are you fearful, O ye of little faith? Then rising up he commanded the winds, and the sea, and there came a great calm.

[Job  38:1-5]  Then the Lord answered Job out of a whirlwind, and said: [2] Who is this that wrappeth up sentences in unskillful words? [3] Gird up thy loins like a man: I will ask thee, and answer thou me. [4] Where wast thou when I laid up the foundations of the earth? tell me if thou hast understanding. [5] Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?

Jesus, Mary, I love Thee! Save souls!

ServusMariae

nitey nite Non Nobis! (albeit I just woke up & all is pretty sunny here haha) Rest well to prep for a busy day ahead! ^-^ :seeya:

MundaCorMeum

Quote from: Non Nobis on November 29, 2017, 09:17:39 PM
I have to get myself to bed pretty soon now, because I have jury duty all day tomorrow and need to take early bus(es) to get there by 7:45AM, which for me is early :-[.  I could drive myself but they strongly advise not to because of traffic and parking (which they don't pay for).  I've developed being-late-for-jury-duty-phobia (do they put you in jail?  :hide:) so I'm going to get started even much earlier. I rarely take buses so I've had to spend some time figuring out the schedules, although google maps is amazing.

I wonder if I will get on a trial?  I have been before (drug smuggling) but not for a while.

My kindle is coming along, as it may be a long day.

Good night!  :)

I've been called for duty twice now, but both times I had to send in a request to be excused, because of the kids