go to bed

Started by Carleendiane, September 11, 2016, 01:19:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kephapaulos

From what I read, it hasn't observed DST since 1935.

dymphna17

*chime*
:whistling: :lol: :grouphug:

I think changing time back and forth is purely an American idea.  Who else would be bold enough to actually think they can change time itself?  'Murica  :cheeseheadbeer:
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

Kephapaulos

Quote from: dymphna17 on November 05, 2017, 10:27:32 PM
*chime*
:whistling: :lol: :grouphug:

I think changing time back and forth is purely an American idea.  Who else would be bold enough to actually think they can change time itself?  'Murica  :cheeseheadbeer:

:lol: "'Murica" reminds me of a coworker I used to have who made up an exaggerated funny impression of a racist redneck.

I learned recently that daylight saving time came about with the onset of World War I to extend the work day to keep up war production.

ServusMariae

Quote from: Carleendiane on November 05, 2017, 09:53:29 PM
Servus, I see you  :seeya:. Now why would RD say you'd put her out? Oh yes, I get it now....the sledgehammer. It seems to me Kept a likes that particular sleep aid. Hey, just wondering, Servus,  do you get a time change, too, like we had last night at 2:00 am?

Hello Carleen! :seeya: Rest assured I don't have the sledgehammer with me now LOL ...
& nope, Singapore is eternally stuck with GMT/UTC +08:00 everyday & every year. No Daylight Saving Time whatsoever.  ;D

Kephapaulos

Quote from: ServusMariae on November 05, 2017, 10:44:47 PM
Quote from: Carleendiane on November 05, 2017, 09:53:29 PM
Servus, I see you  :seeya:. Now why would RD say you'd put her out? Oh yes, I get it now....the sledgehammer. It seems to me Kept a likes that particular sleep aid. Hey, just wondering, Servus,  do you get a time change, too, like we had last night at 2:00 am?

Hello Carleen! :seeya: Rest assured I don't have the sledgehammer with me now LOL ...
& nope, Singapore is eternally stuck with GMT/UTC +08:00 everyday & every year. No Daylight Saving Time whatsoever.  ;D

What! No sledgehammer? Did you bring the pillow?

Carleendiane

Well, of course, Kepha, even in Singapore they have pillows!!! Gotta go to bed. If I dont, I will be mush tomirrow. Kepha? You gonna hit the hay?
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

ServusMariae

Quote from: Kephapaulos on November 05, 2017, 10:52:22 PM
What! No sledgehammer? Did you bring the pillow?

I have no sledgehammer, but I have pillows here for everyone's enjoyment. Who wants one? ;D

Carleendiane

Have my own. Turning to mush as we speak! G-nite.
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

ServusMariae

Nitey nite Carleen! I pray that you will have sweet dreams. ^-^

& now, a random musing: I think I should start inserting generic confetti photos instead of just typing (*inserts confetti*) to enhance the confetti effect, just like how I slotted in a generic photo of pillows when we mentioned pillows. lol ...

Kephapaulos

Quote from: Carleendiane on November 05, 2017, 11:07:06 PM
Well, of course, Kepha, even in Singapore they have pillows!!! Gotta go to bed. If I dont, I will be mush tomirrow. Kepha? You gonna hit the hay?

Not yet. I don't want to risk getting poked with the needle in the haystack. :P Good night!

Kephapaulos

Quote from: ServusMariae on November 05, 2017, 11:15:32 PM
Nitey nite Carleen! I pray that you will have sweet dreams. ^-^

& now, a random musing: I think I should start inserting generic confetti photos instead of just typing (*inserts confetti*) to enhance the confetti effect, just like how I slotted in a generic photo of pillows when we mentioned pillows. lol ...

Sounds like a great idea!

Have you heard of cascarones?

ServusMariae

Quote from: Kephapaulos on November 05, 2017, 11:20:23 PM

This?

I prefer explosive confetti, though. The kind pulled out from a party popper. ;D

Kephapaulos

Quote from: ServusMariae on November 05, 2017, 11:46:02 PM
Quote from: Kephapaulos on November 05, 2017, 11:20:23 PM

This?

I prefer explosive confetti, though. The kind pulled out from a party popper. ;D

Yes. Those are them. ;D

They're fun though!

Regina Caeli

I remember those! We used to make them for Carnival.

Carleendiane

Open now, because it feels like 7:39. My body says it's later than my clock says!