go to bed

Started by Carleendiane, September 11, 2016, 01:19:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chestertonian

yeah i try not to circulate pics of my kids but I know my wife took some

my tablet has a camera but it's rarely pointed at anything interesting.  I can post a nice picture of the doorknob
"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

Carleendiane

Quote from: Chestertonian on November 01, 2017, 09:02:19 PM
yeah i try not to circulate pics of my kids but I know my wife took some

my tablet has a camera but it's rarely pointed at anything interesting.  I can post a nice picture of the doorknob

Lol. Ok, I get it Ches! My daughter will not post any pics of her kids. She just sends them to my email. Well, we do have pm, just sayin. Oh well, my imagination is quite good. Glad they had a good time. I'm sure older son had the better time! :)
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Chestertonian

Quote from: MundaCorMeum on November 01, 2017, 05:19:44 PM
Quote from: Chestertonian on October 31, 2017, 07:29:04 PM
We survived Halloween!  My son's blood sugar is only slightly high and that's ok because he's off to bed.  He tried a milky way bar for the first time and he hasn't tried a reeses peanut butter cup yet but he kept 10 pieces of candy and the rest go to the homeless shelter. 

The baby also got to try chocolate for the first time he is 14 months

I am staying at my moms houseshe is taking care of me all week she rented a hospital bed in the living room i havent been home for Halloween in years. i grew up in this house is weird sleeping in the living room.  They must have had hundreds of trick or treaters my mom went through a few Costco bags of candy.  Lots of kids who come from neighbprgoods that aren't safe or people who like the decorations

What did the boys dress up as?  I'm afraid to say our little 11 month old has tried chocolate....well, more than just the one time  :P  We are becoming "those" parents who are lax with the later kids ;)  My older ones are going to start complaining soon:  "wait, what?!  you NEVER let us do that!!!"
that sounds like my Parents they only had 4 but it seems like my little brother got away with so much more than I did i was the oldest and they were ultra strict with me
"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

dymphna17

Quote from: Chestertonian on November 01, 2017, 09:07:51 PM
We survived Halloween!  My son's blood sugar is only slightly high and that's ok because he's off to bed.  He tried a milky way bar for the first time and he hasn't tried a reeses peanut butter cup yet but he kept 10 pieces of candy and the rest go to the homeless shelter. 

I am staying at my moms houseshe is taking care of me all week she rented a hospital bed in the living room i havent been home for Halloween in years. i grew up in this house is weird sleeping in the living room.  They must have had hundreds of trick or treaters my mom went through a few Costco bags of candy.  Lots of kids who come from neighbprgoods that aren't safe or people who like the decorations

What did the boys dress up as?  I'm afraid to say our little 11 month old has tried chocolate....well, more than just the one time  :P  We are becoming "those" parents who are lax with the later kids ;)  My older ones are going to start complaining soon:  "wait, what?!  you NEVER let us do that!!!"
that sounds like my Parents they only had 4 but it seems like my little brother got away with so much more than I did i was the oldest and they were ultra strict with me

Same here.  While I'm thankful for much of it. some of it just plain ticked me off.  When I was young and going to school, we got up at 5:00 so we would have time to clean our rooms, put ourselves together.  Breakfast was either Puffed Wheat with NO sugar or Cream of Wheat with NO sugar.  Then, not too long after we married, my Sisters were given the privilege of picking out their own cereal every morning.  Anything they wanted; Fruit Loops, Apple Jacks, Corn Pops, whatever they wanted.  Then Mom quit getting up with them.  They had alarm clocks and took care of it themselves.  While that much freedom is not good, imo, some of it just wasn't fair.  Puffed Wheat.  Who eats that crap?   Not me anymore.  But being the oldest calls for us to endure alot of crap.   8)  Here's to all the oldest people!!   :cheeseheadbeer: :beer:                         
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

MundaCorMeum

Quote from: dymphna17 on November 02, 2017, 12:28:27 AM
Quote from: Chestertonian on November 01, 2017, 09:07:51 PM

Same here.  While I'm thankful for much of it. some of it just plain ticked me off.  When I was young and going to school, we got up at 5:00 so we would have time to clean our rooms, put ourselves together.  Breakfast was either Puffed Wheat with NO sugar or Cream of Wheat with NO sugar.  Then, not too long after we married, my Sisters were given the privilege of picking out their own cereal every morning.  Anything they wanted; Fruit Loops, Apple Jacks, Corn Pops, whatever they wanted.  Then Mom quit getting up with them.  They had alarm clocks and took care of it themselves.  While that much freedom is not good, imo, some of it just wasn't fair.  Puffed Wheat.  Who eats that crap?   Not me anymore.  But being the oldest calls for us to endure alot of crap.   8)  Here's to all the oldest people!!   :cheeseheadbeer: :beer:                         

oh, don't y'all worry....there's still plenty of strictness to go around for those younger kids of mine  ;)  There's no Fruit Loops or Apple Jacks here!!!

Carleendiane

Got home about 45 min ago. Had to make some food, feed the dog, and clean up. I'm a busy girl, huh? Church started with low mass at side altar and finished with a solemn high Mass. It was a beautiful night. Especially love the sequence in the requiem Mass. Anyway, brought Kevin where he needed to go and got on our way. Here I am. Safe and sound. No near misses with semi. Was glad to get home and see what you are all blathering about.  :)
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Carleendiane

Ok, so.....its me and only me here tonight. I will clean my mess, turn off lights, lock up, but first make sure all is in order!

Kephapaulos

I wish there was something for me to say, but I'm not sure what to say.

Carleendiane

Quote from: Kephapaulos on November 02, 2017, 10:06:55 PM
I wish there was something for me to say, but I'm not sure what to say.

Dear Kepha, you do not have to say anything, my dear. Besides if you need to think hard, nothing might be better! What 'cha think? Wait don't answer that, if you're not feeling it!

Kephapaulos

Carleendiane

A very good evening to you my Kepha! How was your day?

Non Nobis

It has passed from evening to night even for me.  It sure is lonely here.  Keph? Carleen?  Servus?

Oh THERE you are, Carleen.  Come and join me for a little something.  Anyone else is welcome:

[Matthew 8:26]  And Jesus saith to them: Why are you fearful, O ye of little faith? Then rising up he commanded the winds, and the sea, and there came a great calm.

[Job  38:1-5]  Then the Lord answered Job out of a whirlwind, and said: [2] Who is this that wrappeth up sentences in unskillful words? [3] Gird up thy loins like a man: I will ask thee, and answer thou me. [4] Where wast thou when I laid up the foundations of the earth? tell me if thou hast understanding. [5] Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?

Jesus, Mary, I love Thee! Save souls!

Carleendiane

Is our little something chocolate? Oh, say yes, say yes!

Kephapaulos

Quote from: Carleendiane on November 03, 2017, 10:27:30 PM

It was a little busy and sort of okay. How about you? I might be too late asking this.

Carleendiane

Quote from: Kephapaulos on November 03, 2017, 11:07:16 PM
Quote from: Carleendiane on November 03, 2017, 10:27:30 PM

It was a little busy and sort of okay. How about you? I might be too late asking this.

A great day spent with daughter and her 6 kids! She is expecting at end of december, beginning Jan. She will have 3 kids 4 and under, plus the other four. So 7 kids 9 and under! What a trooper!