go to bed

Started by Carleendiane, September 11, 2016, 01:19:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lumen Christi

dymphna17

Oh my goodness!  I'm about to keel over from cuteness overload.  Hubby's Protege asked Hubby to teach him how to shave!  He MAYBE has some peach fuzz.  So they went out yesterday and bought supplies and today the deed was done.  It's adorable.  Hubby got a couple of pictures to tease him with when he gets older.   :lol:  You all have shared in hearing bad stuff regarding him, so now you can hear about some of the sweet stuff too!
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

Carleendiane

Go to bed, does not necessarily mean, go to bed. Thank you Dymph, for this very cute anecdote. Your little guy, it seems, wants to grow up! He has such a good mentor in your dear hubby. Really. Hubby going out and purchasing this young man's shaving starter kit, is like a passage. He has entered a new realm, and hubby made it more than a joke, but a serious event. Oh, yes, he may truly be too young to shave, but thank God, that is all he wanted. This passage into the next stage of life is often marked by less than cute interests.
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Kephapaulos

It would be nice not to have to shave. Too many knick injuries. Also, it would be nice to save money by not having to buy shaving products.  One time I did really try to grow out a beard, but I didn't care to have anymore later on.

Kephapaulos

Quote from: Carleendiane on October 29, 2017, 06:49:59 PM
Go to bed, does not necessarily mean, go to bed.

Indeed!

*Jumps on the bed* No bedtime yet!

Haha! Servus is not here to wack me with a giant pillow. ;D I can have all the fun I want!

Carleendiane

Servus does not steal fun, she provides fun!
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Kephapaulos

Quote from: Carleendiane on October 29, 2017, 07:44:48 PM
Serves does not steal fun, she provides fun!

She might provide fun for herself by my giving her an opportunity to pillow fight me though. ;D

Carleendiane

Quote from: Kephapaulos on October 29, 2017, 07:29:42 PM
It would be nice not to have to shave. Too many knick injuries. Also, it would be nice to save money by not having to buy shaving products.  One time I did really try to grow out a beard, but I didn't care to have anymore later on.

Couldn't have been a very good beard Kepha, or you would have given it another shot!  Besides not everyone looks better in a beard!

Carleendiane

Quote from: Kephapaulos on October 29, 2017, 07:47:08 PM
Quote from: Carleendiane on October 29, 2017, 07:44:48 PM
Serves does not steal fun, she provides fun!

She might provide fun for herself by my giving her an opportunity to pillow fight me though. ;D

A good pillow fight is wonderful fun. There is a big difference between a pillow fight and just using a sledgehammer on someone. It only takes one to use the sledgehammer. You do not need to agree to it. Pillow fights have to have two participants. A pillow fight is a good laugh. But she has to want to participate.

Kephapaulos

I thought it might cheer her up. :D

Carleendiane

Quote from: Kephapaulos on October 29, 2017, 08:09:31 PM
I thought it might cheer her up. :D

It just may, Kepha, yes it may do just that.  Good thinking!

dymphna17

It's interesting that you bring up other interests, Carleen.  I'm assuming that you are talking about girls.  This is all somewhat new to me.  I just happened to notice last night that whenever we would come across any pretty girls, he would pull his hood off and flip his hair to the side.  Then when we would get by them, the hood would come back up.  I was cracking up but Hubby didn't notice it.

But you are right, Carleen, this was treated as a serious event in his life.  It made me kind of sad for his Dad.  This was yet another event in this boy's life that he has missed.  He will have few memories to comfort him in his old age.

Instead it gave Hubby one.  He's got quite a few now.  I really can't wait to see what the Protege will do with his life.  It holds so much promise but could easily go either way.

Oh!  I was going to ask, and I hope I'm not out of line with this, but is there anything that you do for boys when an event happens, thus bringing them into 'manhood' for lack of a better term.  I know for girls, she is given a bouquet of flowers and a special dinner is made when her 'special moment' happens.  If this is too personal, I understand.  But if there is something that should happen that isn't, I'd like to take care of it.   :)
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

Carleendiane

Quote from: dymphna17 on October 29, 2017, 08:13:21 PM
It's interesting that you bring up other interests, Carleen.  I'm assuming that you are talking about girls.  This is all somewhat new to me.  I just happened to notice last night that whenever we would come across any pretty girls, he would pull his hood off and flip his hair to the side.  Then when we would get by them, the hood would come back up.  I was cracking up but Hubby didn't notice it.

But you are right, Carleen, this was treated as a serious event in his life.  It made me kind of sad for his Dad.  This was yet another event in this boy's life that he has missed.  He will have few memories to comfort him in his old age.

Instead it gave Hubby one.  He's got quite a few now.  I really can't wait to see what the Protege will do with his life.  It holds so much promise but could easily go either way.

Oh!  I was going to ask, and I hope I'm not out of line with this, but is there anything that you do for boys when an event happens, thus bringing them into 'manhood' for lack of a better term.  I know for girls, she is given a bouquet of flowers and a special dinner is made when her 'special moment' happens.  If this is too personal, I understand.  But if there is something that should happen that isn't, I'd like to take care of it.   :)

Nope, I do believe your hubby covered that special occassion. I do not think there is anything beyond this for boys. Maybe there should be, but I know of none. Your hubby did exactly what was needed. Good hubby, good mentor.

Carleendiane

Hi, Dymph , hope you sleep tònight, my sweet friend!

Lumen Christi

*sneaks in, feeling better after my aches and pains earlier, and proceeds to throw pillows at everyone present*