go to bed

Started by Carleendiane, September 11, 2016, 01:19:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carleendiane

Oh, Dymph, do lie down I am horribly embarrassed to say, you will not do for our study. You have denied the obvious drool pool. Your name was given us by your hubby  who obvious?y doesn't look at you while sleeping, if he did.....he would know you do not drool up a pool. Your drool pool is not. So therefòre, your sleeping has no relevance to our study. No drool pool, no drool pool effecting your bedhead. Simple as that.
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Chestertonian

drooling is no fun.  i have a lot of issues with it because i cant swallow so they have to use the suction machine to get it out before it becomes drool which always triggers my PTSD when they use it
"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

Carleendiane

Quote from: Chestertonian on October 28, 2017, 01:53:16 AM
drooling is no fun.  i have a lot of issues with it because i cant swallow so they have to use the suction machine to get it out before it becomes drool which always triggers my PTSD when they use it

I know Ches, just the bit we have to put up with in the dentist chair is not pleasant. Plus, I used to take care of a kid with cerebral palsy and he would break out terribly from the acidity of his drool. Especially his cheeks from laying in bed. I always felt so bad about that. Add ptsd into the mix and a very difficult thing developed over something we just laugh about. Sorry Ches.
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Carleendiane

A nice relaxing evening to all. No more bedhead talk, no more silliness, no more crudeness. Turning over a new leaf. From now forth If I haven't something intelligent to say, I will say nothing......tonight. I mean this 8:00 hour. For now, I mean. Ok, I'll just try.

Carleendiane

Munda? Non? Dymph? Christe? Kepha? Anyone up for a glass of wine and ampleasant, intelligent conversation? Anybody? Really, I won't talk about my dog, my eye, or my dog. You start......

Chestertonian

what happened to your eye

"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

Non Nobis

Quote from: Carleendiane on October 28, 2017, 06:50:05 PM
Munda? Non? Dymph? Christe? Kepha? Anyone up for a glass of wine and ampleasant, intelligent conversation? Anybody? Really, I won't talk about my dog, my eye, or my dog. You start......

I'd love a glass of wine!

Today my car started, which is a pretty big event for Saturday night, after having my battery dead or drained for 2 Saturdays in 3 weeks! I actually got to finish my shopping, and don't have to starve until Monday.  I forgot the wine, though, so yours is most welcome.

Keep talking, Carleen, I love to listen, and behind the silliness I think there really is something that sure looks like intelligence to me, and a lot of love.  And life would be pretty dull with no silliness or fun. Keep talking!  I hope Dymphna and others join in soon too.

It's time for supper and the evening routine. I must feed my cat Pollyanna first, because I know she'll insist.

Not sure if I'll get back here or not.  I have to watch myself or I'll get mesmerized on SD instead of doing what I really have to do!

Goodnight!

I'm wondering like Ches, how is your eye? Never mind your promise to not talk about that or other things - people want to hear! Oh, OK, I can stay a little longer - or I will come back when duties are done.
[Matthew 8:26]  And Jesus saith to them: Why are you fearful, O ye of little faith? Then rising up he commanded the winds, and the sea, and there came a great calm.

[Job  38:1-5]  Then the Lord answered Job out of a whirlwind, and said: [2] Who is this that wrappeth up sentences in unskillful words? [3] Gird up thy loins like a man: I will ask thee, and answer thou me. [4] Where wast thou when I laid up the foundations of the earth? tell me if thou hast understanding. [5] Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?

Jesus, Mary, I love Thee! Save souls!

Carleendiane

Quote from: Chestertonian on October 28, 2017, 07:28:13 PM

I got a terribly swollen black eye and bruises up and down my side. I haven't a clue how it happened or where. I presume I was outside. But I have no memory, at all. How this happened, where it happened. All I remember is being in my bedroom afterward, and hubby asking what the hell happened to me. I only knew I hurt, bad. Doc says it is probably amnesia and I may never know.

dymphna17

Quote from: Carleendiane on October 28, 2017, 08:09:14 PM

I got a terribly swollen black eye and bruises up and down my side. I haven't a clue how it happened or where. I presume I was outside. But I have no memory, at all. How this happened, where it happened. All I remember is being in my bedroom afterward, and hubby asking what the hell happened to me. I only knew I hurt, bad. Doc says it is probably amnesia and I may never know.

Have you had any new symptoms at all?  Fingers crossed for a no!
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

Carleendiane

Quote from: dymphna17 on October 28, 2017, 09:00:09 PM

Other than some facial pain  NO! All seems well, my friend.

Carleendiane

Hi Dymph. :seeya: Hi Spera,  :seeya: Hi bird,  :seeya: Hope you enjoy peppermint tea.

dymphna17

Quote from: Carleendiane on October 28, 2017, 09:03:34 PM
Quote from: dymphna17 on October 28, 2017, 09:00:09 PM

Other than some facial pain  NO! All seems well, my friend.

Deo gratias!  I'm so glad.  This evening we took the kids to a place outside of town that used to be a berry farm but now they have hayrack rides, a petting zoo, and a corn maze for all the big kids and a whole host of things for little ones.  Here's a link to their photo gallery on their website: https://www.garysberries.com/gallery It's pretty cute.
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

Lumen Christi

Hi, everyone!

How is your eye treating you tonight, Carleen?

Non Nobis

Quote from: dymphna17 on October 28, 2017, 09:43:44 PM
...This evening we took the kids to a place outside of town that used to be a berry farm but now they have hayrack rides, a petting zoo, and a corn maze for all the big kids and a whole host of things for little ones.  Here's a link to their photo gallery on their website: https://www.garysberries.com/gallery It's pretty cute.

This reminds me of Bates Nut Farm out here, about an hour away from me (out in the "boonies").  Some ladies I know have a custom of driving there at least once a year in order to get all their nuts and supplies for Christmas baking.  They have events where they have a lot of activities for the kids like those you mentioned:  https://batesnutfarm.biz/ce-12867-the-2017-pumpkin-patch.html

They started in 1921; here's their history and more about them:  https://batesnutfarm.biz/p-9221-about.html.  And here's their gallery: https://batesnutfarm.biz/gallery.html
[Matthew 8:26]  And Jesus saith to them: Why are you fearful, O ye of little faith? Then rising up he commanded the winds, and the sea, and there came a great calm.

[Job  38:1-5]  Then the Lord answered Job out of a whirlwind, and said: [2] Who is this that wrappeth up sentences in unskillful words? [3] Gird up thy loins like a man: I will ask thee, and answer thou me. [4] Where wast thou when I laid up the foundations of the earth? tell me if thou hast understanding. [5] Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?

Non Nobis