go to bed

Started by Carleendiane, September 11, 2016, 01:19:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dymphna17

I'm coming, I'm coming.  Don't slam the door yet.  Whew!  Made it to the go to bed thread! Yay!  Getting through that door is so much easier since my halo started falling off.  Logan is such a renaissance dog.  He wears his heart on his fur, doesn't play mind games, always lets you know exactly what he wants right up front.   :swoon:
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

Carleendiane

Quote from: dymphna17 on October 25, 2017, 06:49:59 PM
I'm coming, I'm coming.  Don't slam the door yet.  Whew!  Made it to the go to bed thread! Yay!  Getting through that door is so much easier since my halo started falling off.  Logan is such a renaissance dog.  He wears his heart on his fur, doesn't play mind games, always lets you know exactly what he wants right up front.   :swoon:

Dymph, Logan is truly right up front. He does not play mind games.

Glad you made it into the thread. Not only to have your lovely self, (Yes I missed you.) But your humor and quick wit, too! Also, so you can participate in a new sleep study done for Beauticians of America. Study is called..."The Making of a Bedhead" .  This will run in next Sundays paper. We are looking for participants to volunteer for this most essential study. Not only participate, but be willing to do interviews, with no modification to the natural progression, during the four day study,  of your bedhead and the end result after 4 nites.

The control group has used NO hair products.

No dogs in bed. We do not want your drool pool contaminated by additional drool. I'm sure you understand. You must sign, truthfully, under penalty of death, there was no animal in bed with you.

Let me know as soon as possible....the demand from Beauticians of America can't be put off. This could influence and impact the world, society, terrorism, and the world market. We chose you for your beauty, bad sleep habits and other factors we won't mention. Please respond quickly. It's a simple easy request.
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

MundaCorMeum

:seeya:  I'm here, too.  I'm indulging in the peace and quiet this evening!  I might regret it in the morning, but I could surely use an hour or so to just relax and unwind, and I haven't had much time to visit with y'all lately, and I miss it =)

So, we have a new cat.  Or, I think we do.  He seems to have adopted us, and the kids already named him (Bagheera, ala Jungle Book)  He is young; just past kitten stage.  Super sweet and friendly.  I like him.  Our current cat is....coming to terms with him being around ;)  He's dark, with lighter stripes.  Son looked him up in the encyclopedia, and thinks he is an American short hair, which I agree.  He does look like one, based on the pictures. 

Carleendiane

Oh, hsppy day, a new kitty. Kids must be rejoicing! If I were still a kid, I would be. So, he wandered in. Well, Bagheera is a perfectly  proper name. Just make sure he doesn't get a big head with such a noble name!
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

MundaCorMeum

the kids adore him!  he is loving it.  The baby is the most excited.  She tried to lick him earlier today  :ack:  She gets SO excited when the cats let her get near them.  They usually don't, because, well, she's a baby  ;D.  The other cat, Brigitta, is kind of jealous of Bagheera, though.   Meh...she'll have to get over it.  She's still queen of the farm. 

Carleendiane

Yes, I think I will...go to bed that is.  G-nite all. Sweet dreams. Just let it all go and sleep. Besides, you're tired. I know this. How? Because I am tired. If I am, you must be.

dymphna17

Quote from: Carleendiane on October 25, 2017, 08:55:08 PM

Glad you made it into the thread. Not only to have your lovely self, (Yes I missed you.) But your humor and quick wit, too! Also, so you can participate in a new sleep study done for Beauticians of America. Study is called..."The Making of a Bedhead" .  This will run in next Sundays paper. We are looking for participants to volunteer for this most essential study. Not only participate, but be willing to do interviews, with no modification to the natural progression, during the four day study,  of your bedhead and the end result after 4 nites.

No dogs in bed. We do not want your drool pool contaminated by additional drool. I'm sure you understand. You must sign, truthfully, under penalty of death, there was no animal in bed with you.

Let me know as soon as possible....the demand from Beauticians of America can't be put off. This could influence and impact the world, society, terrorism, and the world market. We chose you for your beauty beautifully bad sleep habits and other factors we won't mention. Please respond quickly. It's a simple easy request.

FIFY 
Is it too late to sign up for the beautification study? I just now saw this.   :(  By saying  you can't use hair products, does that include shampoo and conditioner?  How much would it pay?  What kind of doctor is running it?  Can I bring a friend and my own pillow and blanket?  Just to be clear here - this is a non-legitimate study for people who don't sleep well.  What is their claim to fame ratio?  I'd like to talk to someone that has gone through the process.  Will Debbie be picking me up to bring me there?  If so, she'll want to bring a truck.  I've got alot of stuff to bring, even if it's just for four days.  Eeek!  What am I possibly going to wear?  Wait a minute!  Hold on right there....  Are you asking us to change our way of thinking, but have to run this study with the permission from the insurance company?  Will we have to pay for this study and any follow up appointments?  Who do I contact about this?  If I sign up will you get a finder's fee?   :P ;)

Sweet dreams everyone!
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

Carleendiane

Quote from: dymphna17 on October 27, 2017, 08:56:59 AM
Quote from: Carleendiane on October 25, 2017, 08:55:08 PM

Let me know as soon as possible....the demand from Beauticians of America can't be put off. This could influence and impact the world, society, terrorism, and the world market. We chose you for your beauty beautifully bad sleep habits and other factors we won't mention. Please respond quickly. It's a simple easy request.

FIFY 
Is it too late to sign up for the beautification study? I just now saw this.   :(  By saying  you can't use hair products, does that include shampoo and conditioner?  How much would it pay?  What kind of doctor is running it?  Can I bring a friend and my own pillow and blanket?  Just to be clear here - this is a non-legitimate study for people who don't sleep well.  What is their claim to fame ratio?  I'd like to talk to someone that has gone through the process.  Will Debbie be picking me up to bring me there?  If so, she'll want to bring a truck.  I've got alot of stuff to bring, even if it's just for four days.  Eeek!  What am I possibly going to wear?  Wait a minute!  Hold on right there....  Are you asking us to change our way of thinking, but have to run this study with the permission from the insurance company?  Will we have to pay for this study and any follow up appointments?  Who do I contact about this?  If I sign up will you get a finder's fee?   :P ;)

Sweet dreams everyone!

My dear Dymph, you sure know how to complicate things. Take your questions to Beauticians of America. I am simply a facilitator. My job is to check you in. Check for tea cup animals. You'd be surprised by the number of people who try to slip in their tea cup sized animals. We've found lizards, birds...you can't imagine how much they drool when sleeping.... kittens, humming birds, and spiders. If you only say no dogs it seems people think...well its not a dog, so it must be allowed. Stupid. Very stupid. How can we know the impact on the bedhead, that lizard drool may have? See what I mean?  Not to worry about insurance. The study picks up all bills related. Again you were chosen because of the height and circumference of your morning bed head. Not to mention your drool pool.

Kephapaulos

It's time for bed already? :-[

I think I need to be in that study to get my sleep patterns readjusted. ;D

Carleendiane

Quote from: Kephapaulos on October 27, 2017, 03:31:07 PM
It's time for bed already? :-[

I think I need to be in that study to get my sleep patterns readjusted. ;D

Kepha, this is only a developmental study. The development of bedhead by the participants. Not truly a sleep study. But it must be done during sleep. The effect of a leaking mouth, on the development of bedhead. Could be misconstrued
as gross. Could be misunderstood by the less educated and less sophistiated, but upon the night long ×4 obsevation, the study will prove mouth leaking does indeed effect the bedhead. I hope you don't feel left out here, but in case you do....we have hot cocoa and coloring books in the snowflake room.

Carleendiane

Well...let's just say it's getting close to considering which jammies you might wear. I may wear hubbies sleep pants. I might. But just because we have our jammies on doesn't mean we are going to bed and conkng out. I just love jammies.

Chestertonian

Quote from: Carleendiane on October 27, 2017, 06:46:25 PM
Well...let's just say it's getting close to considering which jammies you might wear. I may wear hubbies sleep pants. I might. But just because we have our jammies on doesn't mean we are going to bed and conkng out. I just love jammies.
ive heard of women wearing their husbands shirts (which is weird) but not their husbands PANTzs
"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

Carleendiane

Quote from: Chestertonian on October 27, 2017, 07:00:02 PM
Quote from: Carleendiane on October 27, 2017, 06:46:25 PM
ive heard of women wearing their husbands shirts (which is weird) but not their husbands PANTzs

My hubby is quite slim and his sleep pants are black and red check red wings pants. Too long  but so comfy. I don't dip into his pants drawer, for pants, except to snag these sleep pants. It is cold and they are flannel. beats a light nightgown for now...until I get my own flannels.it just makes sense I wear his until I buy my own men's PJ flannels. Don'cha think.....?  I mean, really, is this wierd?

Kephapaulos

It's 9:19pm over here. Not bedtime for me yet.

dymphna17

QuoteMy dear Dymph, you sure know how to complicate things. Take your questions to Beauticians of America. I am simply a facilitator. My job is to check you in. Check for tea cup animals. You'd be surprised by the number of people who try to slip in their tea cup sized animals. We've found lizards, birds...you can't imagine how much they drool when sleeping.... kittens, humming birds, and spiders. If you only say no dogs it seems people think...well its not a dog, so it must be allowed. Stupid. Very stupid. How can we know the impact on the bedhead, that lizard drool may have? See what I mean?  Not to worry about insurance. The study picks up all bills related. Again you were chosen because of the height and circumference of your morning bed head. Not to mention your drool pool.

Me?  Drool?  Why, I'll have you know I have never drooled a day in my life.  Ladies do not drool unless there is a hot guy in the room, and even then, it's a different kind of drool.  And while we are at it, we never f*rt, P@@, or do any of those vulgar type things.  Now, if you'll excuse me, I think I have been set upon by the vapors and need to lie down.   :swoon1:

?