go to bed

Started by Carleendiane, September 11, 2016, 01:19:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MundaCorMeum

Quote from: Carleendiane on October 23, 2017, 06:11:19 PM
Quote from: Non Nobis on October 22, 2017, 06:34:32 PM
Sadly I missed Mass today  :(  :'(.  I got to church and didn't have my regular glasses, but only my sunglasses. You would think I would be brave enough to drive carefully in the dark/ dusk with sunglasses on.  (My Mass is at 4PM, just early and late enough so this is an issue).  But my old eyes have been having real problems with night driving lately. I got into a really serious situation driving lately, because lights blinded me;  I didn't get into an accident but it was scarily close. I am still driving (when I really have to) but with a lot more care. Sunglasses would have helped in that case, but they also cut light when I need it.  So I figured the right thing to do at church was to go back home before Mass, while it was still light, after turning my purse inside out looking for the glasses. (They were on my table at home).

So it's time to read the missal and make a spiritual Communion... (Maybe a walk first, so I'm not walking in the dark  :) .  I do that, with a flashlight, but it probably isn't the best idea )

Oh, sweet Non, I am sorry you had such a crazy Sunday.but really, the right glasses matter. I hate it if I forget my reading glasses. I can not read the readings without them. I know how you feel. I guess you did the best you could under the circumstances, so yes, a spiritual communion. These things happen and all we have is the best we can do. And you did. Of course you feel bad, so would I but God knows you Non. He knows you do not miss Mass for lack of desire.

You are always charitable to me Non. Don't think I deserve it, but there you are, constantly attributing more virtue to me than I deserve. When kind people like you do this, I feel like I have purveyed a less than honest image of myself. I am a silly vain woman who like anyone else, happens to get a few things right. I just know we would get along in real life. Wanna come and stay with me in the little house? We can drink coffee, eat healthy snacks, ice cream and my homemade bread. Make fires, be quiet or chat about the Faith, go to bed whenever we want. You can help me water and feed the animals, and we can walk miles on our walking path around the property. How's that sound? Oh, please come to my house. And pick up Dymph, Per, Servus, Lumen C....Lynne, Munda, Orate, Lydia, Jaca....and anyone else who wants to come! Say yes, say yes, say yes..... :)

:seeya:  I would come =)

Non Nobis

Quote from: Non Nobis on October 22, 2017, 06:34:32 PM
Sadly I missed Mass today  :(  :'(.  I got to church and didn't have my regular glasses, but only my sunglasses. You would think I would be brave enough to drive carefully in the dark/ dusk with sunglasses on.  (My Mass is at 4PM, just early and late enough so this is an issue).  But my old eyes have been having real problems with night driving lately. I got into a really serious situation driving lately, because lights blinded me;  I didn't get into an accident but it was scarily close. I am still driving (when I really have to) but with a lot more care. Sunglasses would have helped in that case, but they also cut light when I need it.  So I figured the right thing to do at church was to go back home before Mass, while it was still light, after turning my purse inside out looking for the glasses. (They were on my table at home).

So it's time to read the missal and make a spiritual Communion... (Maybe a walk first, so I'm not walking in the dark  :) .  I do that, with a flashlight, but it probably isn't the best idea )

Oh, sweet Non, I am sorry you had such a crazy Sunday.but really, the right glasses matter. I hate it if I forget my reading glasses. I can not read the readings without them. I know how you feel. I guess you did the best you could under the circumstances, so yes, a spiritual communion. These things happen and all we have is the best we can do. And you did. Of course you feel bad, so would I but God knows you Non. He knows you do not miss Mass for lack of desire.

You are always charitable to me Non. Don't think I deserve it, but there you are, constantly attributing more virtue to me than I deserve. When kind people like you do this, I feel like I have purveyed a less than honest image of myself. I am a silly vain woman who like anyone else, happens to get a few things right. I just know we would get along in real life. Wanna come and stay with me in the little house? We can drink coffee, eat healthy snacks, ice cream and my homemade bread. Make fires, be quiet or chat about the Faith, go to bed whenever we want. You can help me water and feed the animals, and we can walk miles on our walking path around the property. How's that sound? Oh, please come to my house. And pick up Dymph, Per, Servus, Lumen C....Lynne, Munda, Orate, Lydia, Jaca....and anyone else who wants to come! Say yes, say yes, say yes..... :)

Certainly, I would love to stay in your little house and get to know everybody! :) I'm going to be the one who is most quiet, probably, but I'd love to listen and just say a bit now and then. (That's the way I was in school and still am).

I know you would be a marvelous hostess in real life, just as you are here.

We never know who is really virtuous (only God reads our hearts), but you SEEM more virtuous to me than I KNOW I am - e.g. by your fruits in life (ok, your "few things right"!), and my lack thereof.  It is good that most people here do try not to be vain, and to look for the very best in others. As I said in another post, I think I filter myself when I post so I say better things, but I know it is PARTLY vanity. Honestly, a professor I had in college said I was quiet on purpose so that I would sound smarter in comparison when I spoke. I don't think he was joking, either; we were supposed to be talking (give and take) in our "seminar" style classes.

Another thing about me, is that I'm too analytical and serious sometimes, and think too much about myself  :P.  Here I am:

But wait, those aren't the glasses I was looking for!  :confused:

OH, after all that heavy stuff I almost forgot to say :seeya:  I would come too =) :) ;) :)
[Matthew 8:26]  And Jesus saith to them: Why are you fearful, O ye of little faith? Then rising up he commanded the winds, and the sea, and there came a great calm.

[Job  38:1-5]  Then the Lord answered Job out of a whirlwind, and said: [2] Who is this that wrappeth up sentences in unskillful words? [3] Gird up thy loins like a man: I will ask thee, and answer thou me. [4] Where wast thou when I laid up the foundations of the earth? tell me if thou hast understanding. [5] Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?

Jesus, Mary, I love Thee! Save souls!

Carleendiane

Good!!  Then we are all set. Don't forget Munda.
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Carleendiane

Will be hitting the hay a bit earlier tonight. I,pray you all have sweet dreams, and a restorative, restful sleep. Truly.
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Carleendiane

Almost ready, but not quite. Working on my bedhead though. Should be good to go by morning..

Lumen Christi

Wanna come and stay with me in the little house? We can drink coffee, eat healthy snacks, ice cream and my homemade bread. Make fires, be quiet or chat about the Faith, go to bed whenever we want. You can help me water and feed the animals, and we can walk miles on our walking path around the property. How's that sound? Oh, please come to my house. And pick up Dymph, Per, Servus, Lumen C....Lynne, Munda, Orate, Lydia, Jaca....and anyone else who wants to come! Say yes, say yes, say yes..... :)
That sounds lovely!

dymphna17

Non!  I can't believe the picture of the cat you posted!  We had one that would be the identical twin to this one.  His name was "Honkey" (a black friend of ours named him   :lol:  ) and he preferred to sit up like this one is.  He had his spot on the couch, but he would prop himself up against any wall and just sit there.  It was hilarious!
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

Lumen Christi

Quote from: dymphna17 on October 24, 2017, 03:21:49 PM
Non!  I can't believe the picture of the cat you posted!  We had one that would be the identical twin to this one.  His name was "Honkey" (a black friend of ours named him   :lol:  ) and he preferred to sit up like this one is.  He had his spot on the couch, but he would prop himself up against any wall and just sit there.  It was hilarious!
Speaking of cute animals, my best friend is getting a puppy soon! It's a super adorable husky.

In related news, my dog needs surgery to get some glands removed. They've had some chronic issues. Funnily enough, it'll be on Halloween. If you all could spare some prayers for him, I would greatly appreciate it. He's 12 and so sweet. The surgery itself isn't dangerous as far as I know, but at his age, it does concern me that he's getting anesthetized.

Carleendiane

Yep, we certainly are open now! Bar is open. We have some new beer steins you may want to trymout. And some lovely tea cups donated by anonymous. We need to put these lovelies to work for us!

dymphna17

No way LC.  Cat people do NOT pray for dogs.  Next thing you know, we'll be asked to pray for bearded dragons and birds.   :pigeons:   :wag:  On the other hand, cats are usually Catholic and St Anthony took care of all animals that presented themselves in his path...

Just kidding!!  Of course I'll pray for your dog!  Poor thing.  That's a heck of an age to have to have surgery.  Hope all goes well.

Speaking of beer steins Carleen, my Dad had a really nice collection of them.  There was a bar in the den of our house in Tulsa that had several shelves on the wall behind it that he put them on.  When he was home he would always call one of us girls in so we could pick out which one he would use that evening.  Cleaning them was always a joy rather than a chore.  Funny how that works.   :cheeseheadbeer:
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

Lumen Christi

Quote from: Carleendiane on October 24, 2017, 06:38:46 PM
Yep, we certainly are open now! Bar is open. We have some new beer steins you may want to trymout. And some lovely tea cups donated by anonymous. We need to put these lovelies to work for us!

I'll have some peppermint tea, please! :)

Thank you, dymphna! Thankfully he's in pretty good health for his age...the only real issue with the surgery that I'm aware of is that it may affect his heart murmur. They'll run tests on him before surgery to make sure he'll be all right, though.

Carleendiane

Hip yourself Lumen. Just ran some water through the coffee maker. Go for it. In the meantime I will enjoy my glass of merlot. Are you of drinking age?

Not to make any particular point, but, how many years between you and your beau? Hubby and I are 11 years apart and that worked for us, probably because I was very docile, like you, and not truly set in my ways.

Lumen Christi

Quote from: Carleendiane on October 24, 2017, 08:32:23 PM
Hip yourself Lumen. Just ran some water through the coffee maker. Go for it. In the meantime I will enjoy my glass of merlot. Are you of drinking age?

Not to make any particular point, but, how many years between you and your beau? Hubby and I are 11 years apart and that worked for us, probably because I was very docile, like you, and not truly set in my ways.
Thank you! *pours some tea into a mug* Yes, although I don't drink very often. I did have a really nice mixed drink at an Irish pub last month, though. It was a cider that tasted like an apple pie.

We're five years apart. He's going to be visiting me and my family as soon as he gets passports in order for himself and his daughter. My nana is really excited to meet him. She's going to be making him a dinner.

Carleendiane

Sweet, Lumen....just keep your BS meter on high. I mesn, it will be the first time you meet! Not that you expect BS, but you do want to pick it up, if there is any present!  :grouphug:   :pray3:

Carleendiane

Open! *she holds the door open* .....the cat enters with Logan right behind her.  Logan had a couple girl dogs stay here for a night and 2 days. As often as we let him out he runs to where they urinated and just remembers the sweetness of his new girlfriends. I'm sure he is not recalling their snarls and warning nips at all. They were both fixed, but they were...you know.....GIRLS! To him, their snarly reactions to his advances was simply coy and cute. Their nips to him were high spirited and adorable modesty. Oh how he loved them. He's just now quit drooling at the mere  thought of them and their sweet fading scent. I thought he would cry when it rained subduing their sensual scent peppering our property.