go to bed

Started by Carleendiane, September 11, 2016, 01:19:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Non Nobis

Sadly I missed Mass today  :(  :'(.  I got to church and didn't have my regular glasses, but only my sunglasses. You would think I would be brave enough to drive carefully in the dark/ dusk with sunglasses on.  (My Mass is at 4PM, just early and late enough so this is an issue).  But my old eyes have been having real problems with night driving lately. I got into a really serious situation driving lately, because lights blinded me;  I didn't get into an accident but it was scarily close. I am still driving (when I really have to) but with a lot more care. Sunglasses would have helped in that case, but they also cut light when I need it.  So I figured the right thing to do at church was to go back home before Mass, while it was still light, after turning my purse inside out looking for the glasses. (They were on my table at home).

So it's time to read the missal and make a spiritual Communion... (Maybe a walk first, so I'm not walking in the dark  :) .  I do that, with a flashlight, but it probably isn't the best idea )
[Matthew 8:26]  And Jesus saith to them: Why are you fearful, O ye of little faith? Then rising up he commanded the winds, and the sea, and there came a great calm.

[Job  38:1-5]  Then the Lord answered Job out of a whirlwind, and said: [2] Who is this that wrappeth up sentences in unskillful words? [3] Gird up thy loins like a man: I will ask thee, and answer thou me. [4] Where wast thou when I laid up the foundations of the earth? tell me if thou hast understanding. [5] Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?

Jesus, Mary, I love Thee! Save souls!

Lumen Christi

Non, are you familiar with this website? livemass.net

You could follow along with the TLM there and make a spiritual communion! :) God bless the FSSP.

I went to bed with damp hair (I've been letting it air dry as of late) and I may have given myself a cold...my eyes feel weird and I've been all sniffly/sneezy today.

Oops.

Kephapaulos

Good evening, everyone...

Lumen Christi

Good evening! How are you?

dymphna17

Good evening Bed Heads!!  How's everyone?  Here's your Fuzzy Navel, Non.  Love those things.  Let's see if one goes with coconut cake, shall we?

Anyone hear from Carleen today?  Haven't heard from PerE in a while either.  Too many MIAs.  Going to have to start a search party soon.
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

ServusMariae

Good evening all! (Albeit it's a beautiful morning here haha)
Where did everyone go? ;D

Carleendiane

I'm here now, but soon going to bed, Dymph! It has been a long day, celebrating many Oct. B-days. It was a pleasant day, but eye looking very bad. It will heal, I trust. So nice to have someone wondering where I am!  :grouphug:
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Kephapaulos

Kephapaulos

Quote from: ServusMariae on October 22, 2017, 08:54:47 PM

Good evening, Servus! How's it going? :D

Kephapaulos

Quote from: Carleendiane on October 22, 2017, 08:56:58 PM
I'm here now, but soon going to bed, Dymph! It has been a long day, celebrating many Oct. B-days. It was a pleasant day, but eye looking very bad. It will heal, I trust. So nice to have someone wondering where I am!  :grouphug:

:pray1: Hello, CD! How are you? May St. Lucy for your eye to heal quickly!

Kephapaulos

Quote from: dymphna17 on October 22, 2017, 08:00:09 PM
Good evening Bed Heads!!  How's everyone?  Here's your Fuzzy Navel, Non.  Love those things.  Let's see if one goes with coconut cake, shall we?

Anyone hear from Carleen today?  Haven't heard from PerE in a while either.  Too many MIAs.  Going to have to start a search party soon.

I'm fine. How is going with you, Dymphna?  :D

Non Nobis

Goodnight all!

I hope everyone has seen the Waltons!

[yt][/yt]
[Matthew 8:26]  And Jesus saith to them: Why are you fearful, O ye of little faith? Then rising up he commanded the winds, and the sea, and there came a great calm.

[Job  38:1-5]  Then the Lord answered Job out of a whirlwind, and said: [2] Who is this that wrappeth up sentences in unskillful words? [3] Gird up thy loins like a man: I will ask thee, and answer thou me. [4] Where wast thou when I laid up the foundations of the earth? tell me if thou hast understanding. [5] Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?

Jesus, Mary, I love Thee! Save souls!

ServusMariae

Quote from: Kephapaulos on October 22, 2017, 09:57:15 PM
Quote from: ServusMariae on October 22, 2017, 08:54:47 PM

Good evening, Servus! How's it going? :D

I've been really busy, Kepha ... my hands are officially sore from working on the Kingdom Ecclesia catechism project, especially on the art ... I proudly finished 1 masterpiece just now. lol ... (*faints*)

Lumen Christi

Carleendiane

Quote from: Non Nobis on October 22, 2017, 06:34:32 PM
Sadly I missed Mass today  :(  :'(.  I got to church and didn't have my regular glasses, but only my sunglasses. You would think I would be brave enough to drive carefully in the dark/ dusk with sunglasses on.  (My Mass is at 4PM, just early and late enough so this is an issue).  But my old eyes have been having real problems with night driving lately. I got into a really serious situation driving lately, because lights blinded me;  I didn't get into an accident but it was scarily close. I am still driving (when I really have to) but with a lot more care. Sunglasses would have helped in that case, but they also cut light when I need it.  So I figured the right thing to do at church was to go back home before Mass, while it was still light, after turning my purse inside out looking for the glasses. (They were on my table at home).

So it's time to read the missal and make a spiritual Communion... (Maybe a walk first, so I'm not walking in the dark  :) .  I do that, with a flashlight, but it probably isn't the best idea )

Oh, sweet Non, I am sorry you had such a crazy Sunday.but really, the right glasses matter. I hate it if I forget my reading glasses. I can not read the readings without them. I know how you feel. I guess you did the best you could under the circumstances, so yes, a spiritual communion. These things happen and all we have is the best we can do. And you did. Of course you feel bad, so would I but God knows you Non. He knows you do not miss Mass for lack of desire.

You are always charitable to me Non. Don't think I deserve it, but there you are, constantly attributing more virtue to me than I deserve. When kind people like you do this, I feel like I have purveyed a less than honest image of myself. I am a silly vain woman who like anyone else, happens to get a few things right. I just know we would get along in real life. Wanna come and stay with me in the little house? We can drink coffee, eat healthy snacks, ice cream and my homemade bread. Make fires, be quiet or chat about the Faith, go to bed whenever we want. You can help me water and feed the animals, and we can walk miles on our walking path around the property. How's that sound? Oh, please come to my house. And pick up Dymph, Per, Servus, Lumen C....Lynne, Munda, Orate, Lydia, Jaca....and anyone else who wants to come! Say yes, say yes, say yes..... :)
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.