go to bed

Started by Carleendiane, September 11, 2016, 01:19:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lumen Christi

Quote from: Carleendiane on October 19, 2017, 07:27:56 PM
People have brought up the fact that Lucia was a talented story teller. Well, who doesn't have a friend that could tell a good story? I  know I did,  but at ten years of age, I know of no child savvy enough to pull this deception off. Not a one. These little ones spoke messages about things they truly did not comprehend. Do you know of a child 7,8, or even 10 that even understands what sins of the flesh even are? I know not one who could make that up! The words came from outside their realm of experience. Our Lady chose the most innocent to pervey the messages. Why? Because there is no way in the world these children could make them up! Heck, they thought Russia was a nasty woman!
I also don't know of any child who would defend an actual deception to the point of being potentially boiled in oil, as all three children were threatened with.

Thank you for the welcome, Carleendiane! I love your "struggle bus" avatar and signature. Very cute.

Carleendiane

Quote from: dymphna17 on October 19, 2017, 07:42:34 PM
I love hearing about Logan.  I think you may be onto something with the thought that we should be more like him.

Fatima, just a couple of things; I believe.  I don't care if you don't.  If you are interested at all, talk to someone who believes that is articulate enough to express it well (in other words, not me).  I've heard and read many, many disbelieving viewpoints.  None have been able to explain why God would allow His Mother to be known all over the world, for so long, as a lie.  It doesn't make sense.  Perhaps since the "proof" of the Shroud of Turin keeps going back and forth, we should quit believing in the Resurrection.  Again, I don't care if you don't believe.  I still believe Our Lady appeared to the 3 sainted children.  Just like I believe Our Lady appeared in Lourdes.  You don't go to hell if you believe or if you don't.  My only thought is that it sucks to be you if you don't.

Now, back to Home on the Range with Logan...  :)

Thank you Dymph, and Lumen too. I am heart sick over those that doubt the veracity of Fatima. Doubt was created by even a few princes of the church. Those few have spoiled the trust many might have in this apparition. I am ashamed of my contemporaries that believe little Francisco and little Jacinta would in their childlike minds choose to be boiled in oil rather than deny our Lady's visitation.
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Lumen Christi

Quote from: Carleendiane on October 21, 2017, 05:47:04 PM
Thank you Dymph, and Lumen too. I am heart sick over those that doubt the veracity of Fatima. Doubt was created by even a few princes of the church. Those few have spoiled the trust many might have in this apparition. I am ashamed of my contemporaries that believe little Francisco and little Jacinta would in their childlike minds choose to be boiled in oil rather than deny our Lady's visitation.
Have you read the book Vision of Fatima by Fr. Thomas McGlynn? He spoke with Sr. Lucia and sculpted an enormous statue to her specifications, the way she saw Our Lady. There's some very interesting information in there.

Carleendiane

Thank you, Lumen. I have to say I have not read that. I do know that there was NO image of our Lady that was truly satisfying. But... that said, neither was Bernadette of Lourdes, never satisfied, that is. I don't think anyone could be satisfied by an earthly representation of "Man's solitary boast".
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Lumen Christi

Quote from: Carleendiane on October 21, 2017, 06:16:39 PM
Thank you, Lumen. I have to say I have not read that. I do know that there was NO image of our Lady that was truly satisfying. But... that said, neither was Bernadette of Lourdes, never satisfied, that is. I don't think anyone could be satisfied by an earthly representation of "Man's solitary boast".

I would imagine that after you see the "real deal," no representation suffices. I agree. Sr. Lucia was pleased with the end result of the statue, though.

Carleendiane

Ok. So. Logan watched the menonites that work the field, soybean field, next to our property. The menonite women came to the field their men are working, and  brought a big table filled with lunch and desserts. I was so pleased to see he did not feel the need to beg at their table. He is so very Catholic that he does not beg from menonites. Yes, I am very proud of him.

MundaCorMeum

I'm going to follow PerE's lead, and just plop down here tonight.  I'm so tired!!  But, I still have much to do.  I think I can, I think I can, I think I can, ......

Carleendiane

Quote from: MundaCorMeum on October 21, 2017, 07:14:40 PM
I'm going to follow PerE's lead, and just plop down here tonight.  I'm so tired!!  But, I still have much to do.  I think I can, I think I can, I think I can, ......

Oh you can, Munda, you can! I too am so tired, but I am so easily tired. Now, uou, you are young and you can!

Lumen Christi

You both can do the thing! :)

Non Nobis

Exciting (not) history of the last hour or two, while this post remained open...

Car not starting again tonight - with new battery I just had installed by AAA 2 weeks ago. "click-click-click-clickety-click" it says. So AAA is coming again.  I don't drive much, so perhaps new battery hadn't warmed up enough... (???). I last drove Thurs. and it was OK then.

Sitting here again waiting for a call...

OK finally AAA guy got here, and got lost in the parking area... finally looked at the car said the problem was that the little light on the rear view window was on and drained the battery.  Maybe it was the final straw for the old battery too. Such a little light. There's a pretty bright light shining into my car from the roof of my covered parking space. I think it makes little lights less obvious.

AAA jumped the battery and said I had to drive 20 min on the freeway to get the battery fully charged again. Drive... drive... drive. OK, I'm back.

Quote from: Carleendiane on October 21, 2017, 05:00:27 PM
So, pick your poison. You name it. We've got it! Plus counseling if need be!  :)

I'll have a fuzzy navel thank you "a mixed drink made from peach schnapps and orange juice".  My aunt used to make them (or did I just have them with her?), so they always remind me of her (RIP, years ago).  I've rarely had them, but remember they are yummy.

Counseling... well maybe not yet for such a small problem as a dead battery and a little driving going nowhere!  But I'll definitely take up your offer another time.
[Matthew 8:26]  And Jesus saith to them: Why are you fearful, O ye of little faith? Then rising up he commanded the winds, and the sea, and there came a great calm.

[Job  38:1-5]  Then the Lord answered Job out of a whirlwind, and said: [2] Who is this that wrappeth up sentences in unskillful words? [3] Gird up thy loins like a man: I will ask thee, and answer thou me. [4] Where wast thou when I laid up the foundations of the earth? tell me if thou hast understanding. [5] Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?

Jesus, Mary, I love Thee! Save souls!

Carleendiane

Carleendiane

Having hard time, too non. Sorry, bout, your hard times, non.

Non Nobis

Quote from: Carleendiane on October 21, 2017, 10:25:15 PM
Having hard time, too non. Sorry, bout, your hard times, non.

So, what about that fuzzy navel?

You owe me one tomorrow!  Now it is time for my Rosary and then I "go to bed" too.  Good night!

(My times are very easy, and still I grumble... I know I couldn't handle your times!.  God bless you Carleen and all)
[Matthew 8:26]  And Jesus saith to them: Why are you fearful, O ye of little faith? Then rising up he commanded the winds, and the sea, and there came a great calm.

[Job  38:1-5]  Then the Lord answered Job out of a whirlwind, and said: [2] Who is this that wrappeth up sentences in unskillful words? [3] Gird up thy loins like a man: I will ask thee, and answer thou me. [4] Where wast thou when I laid up the foundations of the earth? tell me if thou hast understanding. [5] Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?

Jesus, Mary, I love Thee! Save souls!

ServusMariae

Just a unofficial proclaimation: I'm gonna go to sleep now *yawns*
God bless everyone here. See you all in the morning! :pray2:

Lumen Christi

Goodnight, Servus! :)