go to bed

Started by Carleendiane, September 11, 2016, 01:19:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ServusMariae

Quote from: Carleendiane on October 19, 2017, 08:14:42 AM
Servus, you should not feel so very alone, everyone on your side of the world goes to bed when you do!

I know ... because I stay around a neighbourhood of people. Besides, I have ye all good SD folks to keep me company :lol:

Kephapaulos

Quote from: Carleendiane on October 19, 2017, 08:56:27 AM
Quote from: Kephapaulos on October 18, 2017, 09:58:52 PM
Quote from: Carleendiane on October 17, 2017, 11:18:24 PM
You  do realize why we can't eat 100%  right? It would end up beneath our noses . Just not option. 

I l

I did, and it was bitter. A good penance!

A belated good night, CD!

Kepha, the reason I said it would end up up our nose is because,if it was 100% it would be powder. ( Uposted our noses, not beneath...typo)

The 100% I had was a bar though. It probably referred to just not having sugar.

Carleendiane

Quote from: Kephapaulos on October 19, 2017, 09:51:12 AM
Quote from: Carleendiane on October 19, 2017, 08:56:27 AM
Quote from: Kephapaulos on October 18, 2017, 09:58:52 PM
Quote from: Carleendiane on October 17, 2017, 11:18:24 PM
You  do realize why we can't eat 100%  right? It would end up beneath our noses . Just not option. 

I l

I did, and it was bitter. A good penance!

A belated good night, CD!

Kepha, the reason I said it would end up up our nose is because,if it was 100% it would be powder. ( Uposted our noses, not beneath...typo)

The 100% I had was a bar though. It probably referred to just not having sugar.

Oh! It may, don't know this, but it may have been baking chocolate!
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Carleendiane

Yes, bedtime thread open!

A few offerings to please the alchies, tea for the non-alchies, cake eaters. So....we drinkers avoid cookies and cakes. We are so twisted, right? Really, think about it, we will damage our livers before raising our sugar levels. Wow. Actually, we don't look to do harm, but neither do the tea and cocoa drinkers wish to raise their sugar levels. 6 of one and half dozen of another. Right? Wrong? Tell me. I am confused. 'Splain this.
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Carleendiane

It's almost 9. I can go to bed in one hour. And probably will. Why stay up longer? I am weary and spent. My day was used to prepare the small house for visitors. They are bringing two dogs which Logan will love playing with. Logan shares his space, his bones, and his toys. He is not posseive at all. You can take meat out of his mouth if you want, food from his dish. He's like, oh yeah, play with me and I will share all that is dear to me. My dog really should have a special place in paradise, I think. If I see him there, God willing, I will not be surprised. Really, my dog is more virtuous than I. Just try and steal my cup of soft serve choc-vanilla ice cream. I may bite you.

Carleendiane

Enough about my dog. I could go on, but wont. Y'all are probably bored of him. I'm not, but you may be. Ok. So. How about we talk about Fatima. Such a controversial topic, huh? Well, not to me. It's so simple really. She came, she spoke, they conveyed. How these little ones made up such a preposterous story, I have NO idea. They were not so sophisticated  as to make this up.

People have brought up the fact that Lucia was a talented story teller. Well, who doesn't have a friend that could tell a good story? I  know I did,  but at ten years of age, I know of no child savvy enough to pull this deception off. Not a one. These little ones spoke messages about things they truly did not comprehend. Do you know of a child 7,8, or even 10 that even understands what sins of the flesh even are? I know not one who could make that up! The words came from outside their realm of experience. Our Lady chose the most innocent to pervey the messages. Why? Because there is no way in the world these children could make them up! Heck, they thought Russia was a nasty woman!

dymphna17

I love hearing about Logan.  I think you may be onto something with the thought that we should be more like him.

Fatima, just a couple of things; I believe.  I don't care if you don't.  If you are interested at all, talk to someone who believes that is articulate enough to express it well (in other words, not me).  I've heard and read many, many disbelieving viewpoints.  None have been able to explain why God would allow His Mother to be known all over the world, for so long, as a lie.  It doesn't make sense.  Perhaps since the "proof" of the Shroud of Turin keeps going back and forth, we should quit believing in the Resurrection.  Again, I don't care if you don't believe.  I still believe Our Lady appeared to the 3 sainted children.  Just like I believe Our Lady appeared in Lourdes.  You don't go to hell if you believe or if you don't.  My only thought is that it sucks to be you if you don't.

Now, back to Home on the Range with Logan...  :)
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

Carleendiane

Quote from: dymphna17 on October 19, 2017, 07:42:34 PM
I love hearing about Logan.  I think you may be onto something with the thought that we should be more like him.

Fatima, just a couple of things; I believe.  I don't care if you don't.  If you are interested at all, talk to someone who believes that is articulate enough to express it well (in other words, not me).  I've heard and read many, many disbelieving viewpoints.  None have been able to explain why God would allow His Mother to be known all over the world, for so long, as a lie.  It doesn't make sense.  Perhaps since the "proof" of the Shroud of Turin keeps going back and forth, we should quit believing in the Resurrection.  Again, I don't care if you don't believe.  I still believe Our Lady appeared to the 3 sainted children.  Just like I believe Our Lady appeared in Lourdes.  You don't go to hell if you believe or if you don't.  My only thought is that it sucks to be you if you don't.

Now, back to Home on the Range with Logan...  :)

This^^^^^ is why I love you Dymph.  You like my dog! No its because you believe OLF. I am sick at heart over the naysayers. Our Lady of Fatima has turned us into fervent Catholics. I need no apparition to convince me. Truly, I do not. But, that being said, I can not deny how She has given us such fervor and conviction. She has been quite convincing to us, at that time, somewhat ignorant and uneducated Catholics.

ServusMariae

Quote from: Carleendiane on October 19, 2017, 08:10:39 PM
This^^^^^ is why I love you Dymph.  You like my dog! No its because you believe OLF. I am sick at heart over the naysayers. Our Lady of Fatima has turned us into fervent Catholics. I need no apparition to convince me. Truly, I do not. But, that being said, I can not deny how She has given us such fervor and conviction. She has been quite convincing to us, at that time, somewhat ignorant and uneducated Catholics.

I did my Total Consecration before a statue of Our Lady of Fatima on 1 Christmas morning some years back. Trust me, she has granted alot of graces to this ignorant, never-gone-to-university, peasant soul. Oh, to think She even preserved my faith after I miserably came out of the LGBT club. Magnificat anima mea Dominum!

Carleendiane

Choir practicing. Work done. Rosaries said. Now it is time to stretch out and suck up the peace and enjoy no stress about anything. I do enjoy this time of the night. Hope everyone is relaxing and winding down!

Carleendiane

10:25 and all is well. Winding down here. People are leaving and it's good to just relax. Get ready for sleep! How I love sleep.

dymphna17

Quote from: Carleendiane on October 20, 2017, 08:30:46 PM
10:25 and all is well. Winding down here. People are leaving and it's good to just relax. Get ready for sleep! How I love sleep.

Preach it Sista'!  I wonder why God didn't make us sleep until something is needed from us?  IOW, why can't sleep be our default?  Too much to be done during this time as well.  *sigh
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

Lumen Christi

*stamps feet as I read the title*

You aren't the boss of me!

No but seriously, it's too early for that now.

Carleendiane

Quote from: Lumen Christi on October 21, 2017, 01:11:01 PM
*stamps feet as I read the title*

You aren't the boss of me!

No but seriously, it's too early for that now.

This is the bed head thread. Is it ever too early to work on your bed head? Actually we do much more here than talk about sleep. People come in, go to the virtual bar and mix virtually any kind of drink they prefer. There is coffee, hot cocoa and tea, too. See, it's a night time social gathering. There has even been known to be sleepovers. Not mixed company of course! The stories people tell after a couple wee drinks are unbelievable, literally.

Welcome Lumen! If Servus, weren't sleeping she'd throw confetti.

Carleendiane

So, pick your poison. You name it. We've got it! Plus counseling if need be!  :)