go to bed

Started by Carleendiane, September 11, 2016, 01:19:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kephapaulos

I imagine men and women from days long past us could advise us best on the matter, but they're all gone sadly. :-[

Where's ServusMariae? She's the village sledgehammer slammer. I might need it tonight. ;D

ServusMariae

Quote from: Kephapaulos on October 09, 2017, 09:25:39 PM
Where's ServusMariae? She's the village sledgehammer slammer. I might need it tonight. ;D

I'm here. *wields sledgehammer*

Kephapaulos

Sorry. Didn't work. I guess I'm immune to it now. :P

Kephapaulos

Maybe you have some other means...?

PerEvangelicaDicta

Lips.  Omgosh, just the name, let alone the description of recent behavior is hysterical.  I'm offering a prayer to St. Martin de Porres, Dymphna, for their recovery. 

CD, our little worm spit (?! :crazy:), all tucked into bed by now....  sweet dreams! 

Confession: I've joined your incorrigible ranks. I used to be maniacal about pants.  No, really.  I'm very OCD about things, so my scrupulosity gets a stranglehold. 
But over the past year, suddenly a lot of my crazy OCDishness has melted away (Deo gratias) and I'm much more calm and practical.  To whit, re: pants
1.  I can't swim in a dress, so I wear a tech suit which is pretty much a thin material scuba suit (long leg).  It's my compromise for modesty, but allowing me to exercise, train and hopefully compete again. 
2. I've also found it very difficult to fence in a skirt.  Maybe when I've mastered the art, but right now I'll kill someone if I have a real blade (I use saber) and my legs are caught up in skirting on attack or even riposte <sarc>  You get the point... get it? hehe
3. My outdoor duties aren't nearly as grungy and hard as yours, CD, but I do help sweetheart with some gardening and easier yard work, and I work with animal rescues (we have a dedicated area for rehab). Between that, and my fondness for climbing trees, it's practical at home to wear loose modest trousers.  No one sees me.
Yes.  I still like to climb trees. Just as I did as a girl. It's still fun. 

Church, social, shopping, no problem, always in a dress.  I find them comfortable and I like to feel elegant and feminine.  But not in a tree with a tuna sandwich.

They shall not be confounded in the evil time; and in the days of famine they shall be filled
Psalms 36:19

PerEvangelicaDicta

Quote from: ServusMariae on October 09, 2017, 09:45:23 PM
Quote from: Kephapaulos on October 09, 2017, 09:25:39 PM

I'm here. *wields sledgehammer*

LOL!!!!
They shall not be confounded in the evil time; and in the days of famine they shall be filled

Non Nobis

Quote from: PerEvangelicaDicta on October 09, 2017, 09:51:43 PM
Lips.  Omgosh, just the name, let alone the description of recent behavior is hysterical.  I'm offering a prayer to St. Martin de Porres, Dymphna, for their recovery. 

CD, our little worm spit (?! :crazy:), all tucked into bed by now....  sweet dreams! 

Confession: I've joined your incorrigible ranks. I used to be maniacal about pants.  No, really.  I'm very OCD about things, so my scrupulosity gets a stranglehold. 
But over the past year, suddenly a lot of my crazy OCDishness has melted away (Deo gratias) and I'm much more calm and practical.  To whit, re: pants
1.  I can't swim in a dress, so I wear a tech suit which is pretty much a thin material scuba suit (long leg).  It's my compromise for modesty, but allowing me to exercise, train and hopefully compete again. 
2. I've also found it very difficult to fence in a skirt.  Maybe when I've mastered the art, but right now I'll kill someone if I have a real blade (I use saber) and my legs are caught up in skirting on attack or even riposte <sarc>  You get the point... get it? hehe
3. My outdoor duties aren't nearly as grungy and hard as yours, CD, but I do help sweetheart with some gardening and easier yard work, and I work with animal rescues (we have a dedicated area for rehab). Between that, and my fondness for climbing trees, it's practical at home to wear loose modest trousers.  No one sees me.
Yes.  I still like to climb trees. Just as I did as a girl. It's still fun. 

Church, social, shopping, no problem, always in a dress.  I find them comfortable and I like to feel elegant and feminine.  But not in a tree with a tuna sandwich.

Now don't be shocked*, but I wear pants too.  I don't even garden, fence, ride a harley, or get anywhere near tornadoes.  I'm definitely not OCD about that, and obviously not scrupulous!  The most I've done is wear a skirt when getting together with ladies who always do (and at church and church functions, of course).

* If you were shocked,  it's because you don't know me very well!
[Matthew 8:26]  And Jesus saith to them: Why are you fearful, O ye of little faith? Then rising up he commanded the winds, and the sea, and there came a great calm.

[Job  38:1-5]  Then the Lord answered Job out of a whirlwind, and said: [2] Who is this that wrappeth up sentences in unskillful words? [3] Gird up thy loins like a man: I will ask thee, and answer thou me. [4] Where wast thou when I laid up the foundations of the earth? tell me if thou hast understanding. [5] Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?

Jesus, Mary, I love Thee! Save souls!

dymphna17

Non!  Say it ain't so!!  You actually wear  :skeptical: p..p..pants!  Just for the sake of wearing them?!   :leaving:  And PerE, and Carleen, and Keph!!  My Oh My!!

[yt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9FzVhw8_bY[/yt]
I'm kidding!  Maybe this is inappropriate.  I can't decide.  I'll go ahead and post it, and if you all object, I'll take it down.  How's that for a compromise?

As far as Lips goes, you should see him.  I wish I could get a good picture of him.  He's about 7 inches long and has a big round mouth that he uses to clean the algae from the tank.  He hangs on the glass with them, cleaning it, and that big ol' mouth just goes to town.  It just cracks me up.  Pleco's like to remain hidden during the day and then come out at night to do their job.  He was too big for the castle I had in the tank before, so he would swim behind one of the plastic bushes when I approached the tank, acting like that bush hid him.  It was sad yet funny.  Now I've got a hollow plastic log he can fit in.  He has a thing about leaving his tail out, but that's alright.  I figure it's kind of like some people leaving 1 foot out from under the covers so they don't get too hot.  He just leaves his tail out instead of a foot.   :laugh:

I'm so glad you are losing some of your OCD ways, PerE.  It makes life a little more bearable.  Someday we'll all get together and you can climb a tree (I'll stand there shocked and amazed and a wee bit jealous) and Carleen and I can dance in the rain.  Keph can give ServusMariae the official SD sledgehammer.  And Non will show us all how to wear our pants fashionably.  It will be a pip!
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

PerEvangelicaDicta

Quote from: dymphna17 on October 09, 2017, 11:24:45 PM
Non!  Say it ain't so!!  You actually wear  :skeptical: p..p..pants!  Just for the sake of wearing them?!   :leaving:  And PerE, and Carleen, and Keph!!  My Oh My!!
Did I miss Non's comment?  what are p.p.pants?  dare I ask?

[yt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9FzVhw8_bY[/yt]
I'm kidding!  Maybe this is inappropriate.  I can't decide.  I'll go ahead and post it, and if you all object, I'll take it down.  How's that for a compromise?
Well, either the video is inappropriate, or my uproarious laughter when I heard it.   I wouldn't have laughed not so long ago, truly believing I was committing mortal sin by wearing pants at any time whatsoever, even to bed! and scared to death what others might say.

As far as Lips goes, you should see him.  I wish I could get a good picture of him.  He's about 7 inches long and has a big round mouth that he uses to clean the algae from the tank.  He hangs on the glass with them, cleaning it, and that big ol' mouth just goes to town.  It just cracks me up.  Pleco's like to remain hidden during the day and then come out at night to do their job.  He was too big for the castle I had in the tank before, so he would swim behind one of the plastic bushes when I approached the tank, acting like that bush hid him.  It was sad yet funny.  Now I've got a hollow plastic log he can fit in.  He has a thing about leaving his tail out, but that's alright.  I figure it's kind of like some people leaving 1 foot out from under the covers so they don't get too hot. He just leaves his tail out instead of a foot.   :laugh:
Dymphna, that bolded statement is a classic.  Maybe it's so hilarious to me, 'cause I do that.
I love animal behavior and really enjoy these stories!

I'm so glad you are losing some of your OCD ways, PerE.  It makes life a little more bearable. 
Amen.  You're so kind. 
I was super stressed the year before and really hit a wall health wise.  I just had to let go and just live in peace.

Someday we'll all get together and you can climb a tree (I'll stand there shocked and amazed and a wee bit jealous) and Carleen and I can dance in the rain.  Keph can give ServusMariae the official SD sledgehammer.  And Non will show us all how to wear our pants fashionably.  It will be a pip!
I have such a mental image of this...  I'm so happy we are all SD neighbors at least!
Oh, and if I have to wear a dress when I climb that tree, I'll be sure to don my most modestest Sunday-go-to-meetin' bloomers. You'll be real jealous then.

Oh, and Non, I would never have guessed you wore pants.  Or Dymphna.  Or CD.  Ya'll are such good Catholics and I just assumed I was the only trad who did this.  I'm so relieved!

ServusMariae

well, it's 1:32 am here in SG & I'm gonna go to bed now. Nitey nite, all :)

(P.S: I wear pants too, but mostly because my family couldn't afford so many skirts for me ... but when I head to church, 100% in a skirt.)

Carleendiane

Quote from: ServusMariae on October 10, 2017, 11:32:51 AM
well, it's 1:32 am here in SG & I'm gonna go to bed now. Nitey nite, all :)

(P.S: I wear pants too, but mostly because my family couldn't afford so many skirts for me ... but when I head to church, 100% in a skirt.)

G-nite. Pants? you are in good company!
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Carleendiane

Opening early for Munda. Never know, she may get a chance to pop in! Servus is probably still sleeping. I imagine Kepha is feasting on Regina's warm brownies with vanilla ice cream. Or was that just virtual, Regina? Per is most likely just now running down a mountain. Dymph, is nursing her migraine, which is harder than she will admit. Heinrich is working on a hernia, lifting more weight than humanly possible. Pon is definitely waxing profound on one forum or another. My friend Non is debating whether or not to take her evening walk. Now me..... I am thinking about finishing a beer and eating some most natural, most healthy, neopolitan ice cream  :) Lydia and Lynne are shaking their head, "No, Carleen,....don't eat the ice cream!" as I spoon it into my mouth, relishing every bite.
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Regina Caeli

Not virtual, but not baked yet either. I only just got back from the market with the ingredients, plus some Fall decorations for our front porch - mums and pumpkins and a straw bale. It's way too early for me to go to bed.

Carleendiane

Quote from: Regina Caeli on October 10, 2017, 05:57:07 PM
Not virtual, but not baked yet either. I only just got back from the market with the ingredients, plus some Fall decorations for our front porch - mums and pumpkins and a straw bale. It's way too early for me to go to bed.

What time is it there, Regina?

Regina Caeli