go to bed

Started by Carleendiane, September 11, 2016, 01:19:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bernadette

My Lord and my God.

Carleendiane

:grouphug: hi benadette. Forgot to wish you a very happy birthday, but I suppose that was eclipsed by the Eclipse and all that entails.  ;)
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Non Nobis

Quote from: Bernadette on September 25, 2017, 06:38:41 PM
I just got back from going out for ice cream for my birthday. :) Now for a relaxing evening of window shopping on Amazon while listening to Dickens.  :P

A belated Happy Birthday, Bernadette!  Ice cream, Amazon, and Dickens - now that sounds like a good way to end the day.
[Matthew 8:26]  And Jesus saith to them: Why are you fearful, O ye of little faith? Then rising up he commanded the winds, and the sea, and there came a great calm.

[Job  38:1-5]  Then the Lord answered Job out of a whirlwind, and said: [2] Who is this that wrappeth up sentences in unskillful words? [3] Gird up thy loins like a man: I will ask thee, and answer thou me. [4] Where wast thou when I laid up the foundations of the earth? tell me if thou hast understanding. [5] Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?

Jesus, Mary, I love Thee! Save souls!

dymphna17

Yes, a belated but sincere Happy Birthday!  It sounds like you had a nice day.  Wow!  Just think.  You might just be a married woman on your next birthday.  How awesome!

What has happened to our Birthday Keeper?  She is still MIA?  Oh, Christe Eleison!!  Where are you!!???
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

Bernadette

Quote from: dymphna17 on September 27, 2017, 07:43:27 PM
Yes, a belated but sincere Happy Birthday!  It sounds like you had a nice day.  Wow!  Just think.  You might just be a married woman on your next birthday.  How awesome!

I know. I thought of the same thing, actually.
My Lord and my God.

PerEvangelicaDicta

Quote from: dymphna17 on September 25, 2017, 11:10:43 PM
Who needs a shot glass when they certainly made the spout, perfect.    After we open it and pour you a couple of drinks, it will be swig time!  :)

I burst out laughing, and the 65 lb pup half lounging on my lap in a deep sleep jumped up, lost her balance and rolled onto the floor.  I burst out laughing again.
They shall not be confounded in the evil time; and in the days of famine they shall be filled
Psalms 36:19

dymphna17

Quote from: PerEvangelicaDicta on September 27, 2017, 09:19:02 PM
Quote from: dymphna17 on September 25, 2017, 11:10:43 PM
Who needs a shot glass when they certainly made the spout, perfect.    After we open it and pour you a couple of drinks, it will be swig time!  :)

I burst out laughing, and the 65 lb pup half lounging on my lap in a deep sleep jumped up, lost her balance and rolled onto the floor.  I burst out laughing again.

Is this a time honored tradition of yours, PerE?  Poor puppy.  Funny and true story that might gross you out too!  It's a win win kind of tale.  My Hubby gets so grossed out by some of the drinking habits people display at the bike rallies we go to, he just doesn't know what to do with himself.  I finally convinced him that no one cares if he drinks or not (which, aside from a Clamato beer once in a while, he belongs in the not category).  I, on the other hand, worry about being disrespectful or not polite.  Plus, I'm a very curious person, which will be my downfall yet!  So when we are all sitting around the fire at night and the booze starts flowing, I want to know if Darla's Apple Pie is better than Anita's, so they pass it to you and you take a swig and then the same with the next batch. After that, you pass it around the circle again. Then someone asks if you have ever tasted cinnamon whiskey?  No, then here, try this!  Then a girl with one of the vendors is walking around giving away jello shots.  You can't pass that up!

The first time I ever tasted moonshine, it was out of a mason jar that had the word SAMPLE written on it.  The friend I was with bought some, but it wasn't from the jar I had just drank out of like I thought it would be.  I had a sinking feeling in my gut, that I had just drank out of the same jar that 3,000 other people had as well!!   :eek:  My friend said that if it didn't kill me it would cure me.  The moral of the story is to not get into a line for something that a guy with a small vendor trailer parks it on the back 40, but still has a line of people well into 3am.   :swoon1:  Nothing good can come of it.  Fun, yes.  Good, no?  No.  Now I stick to people I know before drinking out of a bottle.  So there, Hubby!   :bronx: :grouphug: :eek: 8)
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

Carleendiane

The bar is open. Both, the coffee cocoa bar, and the other, with much much to choose from.
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Carleendiane

So..... my dog stayed with us through both our rosaries tonight! And lovey? He was a regular love bug. Coming, laying his head down on us. I think he was meditating on the mysteries. Can't say for sure, but that's my opinion. Yup, that Logan...he's very interior.

Carleendiane

Dymph, Per, Bird, Heinrich, Quare, no one wants to chime in here? Wow, a dull night.

Carleendiane

G-nite, she said in a sad and lonely voice.

dymphna17

Quote from: Carleendiane on September 28, 2017, 07:13:33 PM

I'm sorry Sweetie!  We just got home.  We drove 80 miles to go get lab work done, only to be told I had to be fasting!  I did not have a happy Hubby.  Now I'm trying to get into 'go to bed' mode.  I wish it were sugar plum fairies dancing in my head, but alas, no.  I hope you have sweet dreams!
?

PerEvangelicaDicta

Quote from: dymphna17 on September 28, 2017, 09:12:45 PM

I'm sorry Sweetie!  We just got home.  We drove 80 miles to go get lab work done, only to be told I had to be fasting!  I did not have a happy Hubby.  Now I'm trying to get into 'go to bed' mode.  I wish it were sugar plum fairies dancing in my head, but alas, no.  I hope you have sweet dreams!

Oh how frustrating Dymphna! 

CD, you're probably all tucked into bed safe and sound by now, so here is my angel to kiss your brow and watch over you tonight.   Just be sure to send him home in the morning.  I was hoping to have him around to celebrate St. Michael's feast day. 

Love you guys!! 
ps.  Dymphna, write a book.  That tale was another awesome one.
They shall not be confounded in the evil time; and in the days of famine they shall be filled
Psalms 36:19

Non Nobis

Quote from: dymphna17 on September 28, 2017, 09:12:45 PM

We drove 80 miles to go get lab work done, only to be told I had to be fasting!  I did not have a happy Hubby.

I once fasted to get lab work done, only to be told I hadn't needed to fast.   :(  Not quite so chagrining as your situation, though.
[Matthew 8:26]  And Jesus saith to them: Why are you fearful, O ye of little faith? Then rising up he commanded the winds, and the sea, and there came a great calm.

[Job  38:1-5]  Then the Lord answered Job out of a whirlwind, and said: [2] Who is this that wrappeth up sentences in unskillful words? [3] Gird up thy loins like a man: I will ask thee, and answer thou me. [4] Where wast thou when I laid up the foundations of the earth? tell me if thou hast understanding. [5] Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?

Jesus, Mary, I love Thee! Save souls!

dymphna17

Yeah, the biggest problem with that is, Hubby doesn't get home until around 5:00 pm and then the long drive to the lab.  I can do the fast with no problems, I' sure.  Lord knows I've got enough to offer up.  But I worry about being diabetic and fasting for that long.  Oh well, it's high time I start doing some corporal works of mercy among other things.  Sweet dreams, all.  I'm keeping watch over the fort so you can rest easy.  It will be another day to give glory to God, soon.  We're locked and loaded Miss Carleen.   :) 8)

Sweet dreams Non and PerE!
?