go to bed

Started by Carleendiane, September 11, 2016, 01:19:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dymphna17

Quote from: Chestertonian on September 24, 2017, 09:50:49 PM
having a really bad night.  back at the nursing facility.  really getting tired of this place.  my older son isnt taking it very well.  perhaps that isn't the rigt way to say it since he is doing the best he can with his 7 year old coping skills.  i just get the sense that i'm ruining his life.   his life has never been predictible and he often has weeks where he doesn't know who's going to be home with him, whose house he's sleeping at.  But this on again off again arrangement has been giving him a lot of anxiety because just as he gets used to having me home again I have to leave.  plus the mrs. mental health is not good at all so i cant imagine things are fun at home while im gone.  this is what developmental psychologists call an "adverse childhood experience."  and i'm not sure if the baby cares either way.  he sure isnt sleeping longer stretches yet.

plus the nurses that are here sundays are not the same as the ones here during the week and unfamiliar caregivers + my PTSD are not a great combo

I'm sorry you are having a rough time of it, Ches.  I get weirded out by anyone touching me, so I can't even imagine having PTSD along with that touch.  I think of Our Lord actually feeling a woman touch the hem of his robe.  And it seems like He just got man-handled throughout His live.

As for your little man, remember that children are extremely resilient.  What you all are going through makes me think of military children.  Alot of them endure a parent being in a foreign country for sometimes months and yes, even years.  So many parents in the military miss out on so much.  God bless them all.  I'm pretty sure your little guys will be just fine.  It just a little bit different, just like everyone else.  Some men may stay home, but the Husband stays in the garage, or works on the lawn, or whatever they do besides being present as Husbands and Fathers.  Again, some but not all. 

?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

Carleendiane

Dear Ches. Got no kind of help for this terrible burden of yours. I would give much to be you for a week so you can have one normal week with your family. I know that's somewhat silly to say, but you get my sentiment. Even my normal would be a relief to you. I would be honored to do that. :) :pray3:
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Carleendiane

Time It's time to consider our options. We could stay up all nite and meet in the 4 o'clock thread. Or...we can be responsible adults and get our Jammies on. I vote jammies. Not footie jammies. Too hot.
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Bernadette

I just got back from going out for ice cream for my birthday. :) Now for a relaxing evening of window shopping on Amazon while listening to Dickens.  :P
My Lord and my God.

Carleendiane

Quote from: Bernadette on September 25, 2017, 06:38:41 PM
I just got back from going out for ice cream for my birthday. :) Now for a relaxing evening of window shopping on Amazon while listening to Dickens.  :P

Bird, that does sound relaxing.  :) God bless your evening and your sleep!

Carleendiane

It's only 9 and I have every inclination to turn in. I must be either tired, or bored. Give me one good reason to stay up.

dymphna17

Quote from: Carleendiane on September 25, 2017, 07:13:20 PM
It's only 9 and I have every inclination to turn in. I must be either tired, or bored. Give me one good reason to stay up.

Because you are the adult of the bunch?   ;)  Even more importantly, you have the keys to the liquor cabinet.   :cheeseheadbeer: 8)
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

Carleendiane

Quote from: dymphna17 on September 25, 2017, 08:10:45 PM
Quote from: Carleendiane on September 25, 2017, 07:13:20 PM

Because you are the adult of the bunch?   ;)  Even more importantly, you have the keys to the liquor cabinet.   :cheeseheadbeer: 8)

Eeeeeeks. I forgot about the keys. Here, let me open that up, and maybe enjoy a night cap with you, dymph. It's only right. Yes, a night cap. Hmmmmm, what shall it be? How about a shot of apple pie vodka?

PerEvangelicaDicta

I brought my own shot glass CD.  Can you hit me with some of the apple pie vodka please? That is, if Dymphna hasn't scarfed it all down yet....
They shall not be confounded in the evil time; and in the days of famine they shall be filled
Psalms 36:19

dymphna17

Who needs a shot glass when they certainly made the spout, perfect.    After we open it and pour you a couple of drinks, it will be swig time!  :)
?

Carleendiane

This is opening a bit late. Sorry! It's time for a few brewskies. Yes, help yourself. Munda may have  a few home made brews! Her hubby, I don't know where he got his skills, but we seem to be benefitting, though virtually.

Carleendiane

So maybe I'm the only one to be ready for bed. Bird, you might be getting ready. If so, have a blessed refreshing nights sleep. Per, I know you put a lot of stock in a good night's sleep, so may God bless your night with calm and satisfying dreams.

dymphna17

Quote from: Carleendiane on September 26, 2017, 07:50:50 PM
So maybe I'm the only one to be ready for bed. Bird, you might be getting ready. If so, have a blessed refreshing nights sleep. Per, I know you put a lot of stock in a good night's sleep, so may God bless your night with calm and satisfying dreams.

Night cap...sure I'll have a night cap with you, but then the we'll have drinks.   :grouphug: :beer:  Is there any Jack Daniels in your repertoire?
?

Carleendiane

Quote from: dymphna17 on September 26, 2017, 08:42:36 PM
Quote from: Carleendiane on September 26, 2017, 07:50:50 PM

Night cap...sure I'll have a night cap with you, but then the we'll have drinks.   :grouphug: :beer:  Is there any Jack Daniels in your repertoire?

As you know Dymph, we have anything and everything here. Of course. We have virtually everything. Come. It's time anyway.

Carleendiane

Martin, I know you're out there. Why don't you come in and have a drink. Virtual drinks do not bother your stomach. Just come enjoy it.