go to bed

Started by Carleendiane, September 11, 2016, 01:19:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carleendiane

Quote from: Bernadette on September 15, 2017, 06:29:36 PM
Decaf black tea and chocolate zucchini cake tonight, while listening to some old BBC period dramas on Youtube. :)

Yum. Chocolate zucchini cake! Sounds very tempting!
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Carleendiane

Dympg, I can't help it! I see you and I want to wave!  :seeya:
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

dymphna17

Who has to drop by to make you stay up?  I'll go find them!
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

Carleendiane

Bernadette

Quote from: Carleendiane on September 15, 2017, 06:34:18 PM
Decaf black tea and chocolate zucchini cake tonight, while listening to some old BBC period dramas on Youtube. :)

It's delicious: so moist, and healthy as far as cakes go. Reminds me of carrot cake, only fewer spices and much fluffier.
My Lord and my God.

Carleendiane

dymphna17

Quote from: Bernadette on September 15, 2017, 06:49:31 PM

It's delicious: so moist, and healthy as far as cakes go. Reminds me of carrot cake, only fewer spices and much fluffier.

Yes, it's close, but no cigar.  One year my Aunt, who brought carrot cake every Easter, brought "zucchini cake" and told us how much we'd love it because it tastes just like her carrot cake!  Ummm no.  Just no.  We really tried to like it.  We knew how much went into making it since a cake that weighs 6 pounds takes an awful lot of ingredients +love  :-*  And how lugging it all that way Uncle/AuntVille, Illinois and we lived in Tulsa or St Marys, meant at least an 8 hour drive.  It also meant, "Kids, even if it tastes like crud, we are going to eat it.  And we're going to eat alot of it, because there is alot of it, and we love Aunt Sally.  We love her enough to make the sacrifice of eating this nasty stuff with a smile on our faces.  It means the world to her when she comes down and we make a big deal about her and how much love she puts into the usually really good carrot cake she brings."  :grin: :toth: :patriot: :thumbsup:  But no, it's not just like it.   :lol:
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

Carleendiane

Quote from: dymphna17 on September 15, 2017, 07:38:50 PM
Quote from: Bernadette on September 15, 2017, 06:49:31 PM

Yes, it's close, but no cigar.  One year my Aunt, who brought carrot cake every Easter, brought "zucchini cake" and told us how much we'd love it because it tastes just like her carrot cake!  Ummm no.  Just no.  We really tried to like it.  We knew how much went into making it since a cake that weighs 6 pounds takes an awful lot of ingredients +love  :-*  And how lugging it all that way Uncle/AuntVille, Illinois and we lived in Tulsa or St Marys, meant at least an 8 hour drive.  It also meant, "Kids, even if it tastes like crud, we are going to eat it.  And we're going to eat alot of it, because there is alot of it, and we love Aunt Sally.  We love her enough to make the sacrifice of eating this nasty stuff with a smile on our faces.  It means the world to her when she comes down and we make a big deal about her and how much love she puts into the usually really good carrot cake she brings."  :grin: :toth: :patriot: :thumbsup:  But no, it's not just like it.   :lol:

Dymphna, I cracked up reading this. You brought tears of good comedy to my eyes!!!!!! What a hoot!

Chestertonian

Quote from: Carleendiane on September 15, 2017, 06:22:21 PM
So....the choir is here. Singing their hearts out. Wow. Beautiful! Such a privilege to listen in on this.

Quote from: Carleendiane on September 15, 2017, 06:22:21 PM
So....the choir is here. Singing their hearts out. Wow. Beautiful! Such a privilege to listen in on this.

youshould send them on a tour theycan serenade SD members in our living rooms.  it would be an excuse for them to travel the country, and it would be an excuse for me to wear real clothes :lol:

i'm home for the weekend.  trying not to hyperfocus on whether the Mrs eats or not.  her doctor is having her do this food journal.  not much to report..yestdday she just had the shake.  going to try to talk about getting help again.  I dont think the sleep deprivation is helping.  This little guy thinks it's an all night buffet here.  he keeps the same hours as a new baby. She does not want to bedshare with him because of the SIDS risk and also he shouldn't be in my bed with all the IV's and narcotics and vent tubing and dialysis tubes filled with blood and needles and all that. That cant be good. But also the risk of being smothered to death. Although after 6 months the risk probably goes down I'd imagine. but that's how she has always been...she likes to have him sleep in the crib but putting him IN the crib is difficult because she'll nurse him to sleep and he'll LOOK like he's sleeping, she says he feels like a 500lb weight in her arms and then as soon as the back of his little head hits the crib mattress--WAHHHHHH he starts screaming, like he wasabout to be eaten by a sabre tooth tiger. And im sure thats how we evolved--that's how little tiny vulnerable babies ensure their survival.

i dont know how lng its been but she's bee up with him for awhile now. 
"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

Perpetua

:pray3:

Carleendiane

Ches!!! Your idea! And I can tag along and get a bead on everyone. Great, now I have to sell it to the choir.

Mrs C..... :pray1: :pray2: :pray3:  Ches, when I saw my daughter for her wedding, I about fell over. Beautiful....and so thin she could slip under the door. I hope to never see that again.  :pray1: :pray2: :pray3:

Carleendiane

5:30. How you feeling Munda? No hubby, just your littles. Should we open up here a bit early. Then when you do go to bed it will seem you've had an evening!

dymphna17

I'm ready, but Hubby just called to tell me he's bringing KFC home for supper.  Me having coleslaw should be interesting.  :lol:
?

Bernadette

Quote from: dymphna17 on September 16, 2017, 05:29:17 PM
I'm ready, but Hubby just called to tell me he's bringing KFC home for supper.  Me having coleslaw should be interesting.  :lol:

I love KFC: extra crispy strips and mashed potatoes. :)
My Lord and my God.

Carleendiane

Quote from: dymphna17 on September 16, 2017, 05:29:17 PM

Probably has some kind of onion in batter....meh. That was my favorite fast food. I could count on one hand how many times I've had it in my life. Though I liked it, we never spent money on fast food unless traveling, which was rare. We used no canned gravies, premade sauces, frozen meals, frozen fries, piizzas, or pies of any kind. If I couldn't make it myself we rarely had it. We were poor, but we did not eat like the poor. I made brown rices, soups, oven potatoes, pizzas, grainy breads, whatever. We drank some juice, but mostly water or coffee. Specialty foods were not what I wanted to spend my little money on. I bought everything with the thought, how can I stretch this? It's way different now. We just have what we want, though it is still homemade. But now I will buy specialty items. But hubby still wants healthy foods. Helps maintain his 33 waist he has had our whole marriage.