go to bed

Started by Carleendiane, September 11, 2016, 01:19:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carleendiane

LAUS TIBI CHRISTE????? Your going to join us in our good night salute? Our bottoms up, nitey night, night time libation?
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Regina Caeli

What in the world is this thread?  :D

Carleendiane

Quote from: Regina Caeli on September 10, 2017, 07:51:25 PM

This thread is the bed head thread! We have drinks, speak authoritatively, have virtual snacks and share our joy because at some point, we will all gotobed. We pretend there is a room we meet in and just veg out...dump our worries and burdens and talk nonsense and wax profound. Plus we share what we did today, our concerns and let the children still not sleeping, run wild. Welcome Regina! Pull up a chair. Laus, Regina may be thirsty.
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

MundaCorMeum

Quote from: Regina Caeli on September 10, 2017, 07:51:25 PM

Welcome to our world!  :cheeseheadbeer:

Perpetua

Thinking about just going to sleep. Child asleep. Husband talking on the phone the whole night. My family, relatives, friends are all asleep since there is a 7 hour time difference. Chores done. Oh wait, I almost forgot about the laundry. Another early morning tomorrow doing the exact same things all over again. :cheeseheadbeer:

Carleendiane

Quote from: Perpetua on September 10, 2017, 09:12:39 PM
Thinking about just going to sleep. Child asleep. Husband talking on the phone the whole night. My family, relatives, friends are all asleep since there is a 7 hour time difference. Chores done. Oh wait, I almost forgot about the laundry. Another early morning tomorrow doing the exact same things all over again. :cheeseheadbeer:

You and every young mother live your very own groundhog day! So did i. Had 6 kids and just cleaned, did laundry, cooked, and took care of kids. EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. And yet, when I fell into bed it was sort of, I don't know, sort of a righteous exhaustion. If that can be said. 

Welcome to gotobed. Such a nice surprise when we get new visitors! I love your user name. Come again. If I had known you were here last night I would have fixed you a drink!

dymphna17

Welcome Regina Caeli and Perpetua, to the go to bed thread!  There is an accompanying Good Morning thread, and now a new Good Afternoon thread, as well as the not so popular It's 4:00 AM And All Is Well thread.  So, as you can see, we've got the day covered.  If you're feeling blue, have news to share, or just feel like you are in a silly mood, you might find one of these threads to be to your liking.  Carleen opens the morning thread as well as the go to bed thread, unless someone beats her to it.

I look forward to seeing you both there!   :cheeseheadbeer: 8)
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

Carleendiane

Opening Go to bed early for Munday who got out of bed at 5. She maybe could use the time to diffuse before her earlier than usual gotobed.

MundaCorMeum

Quote from: Carleendiane on September 11, 2017, 03:37:07 PM
Opening Go to bed early for Munday who got out of bed at 5. She maybe could use the time to diffuse before her earlier than usual gotobed.

You're too kind.  I've got the last dregs of this day to tackle, before I hit the diffuse button.  But I had a power nap and a cup of afternon coffee not too long ago, so I think I'll make it ;)

Carleendiane

Ok, Munda, got a Rolling Rock here to help you diffuse. Unless you would prefer some Barefoot Merlot. Cheap, but not bad.

dymphna17

Quote from: Carleendiane on September 11, 2017, 03:47:00 PM
Ok, Munda, got a Rolling Rock here to help you diffuse. Unless you would prefer some Barefoot Merlot. Cheap, but not bad.

Ooo, I love Barefoot Moscato.  Hubby gets that for me when he wants me to chill out.   :lol: :chillpill:
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

Chestertonian

negative thoughts are kicking my butt.  trying to remind myself i'm at home, it's my wife's birthday,
"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

Non Nobis

Quote from: Chestertonian on September 11, 2017, 04:46:17 PM
negative thoughts are kicking my butt.  trying to remind myself i'm at home, it's my wife's birthday,

Happy Birthday Mrs. Chestertonian! I hope a LITTLE of the happiness rubs off on you too, Ches.
[Matthew 8:26]  And Jesus saith to them: Why are you fearful, O ye of little faith? Then rising up he commanded the winds, and the sea, and there came a great calm.

[Job  38:1-5]  Then the Lord answered Job out of a whirlwind, and said: [2] Who is this that wrappeth up sentences in unskillful words? [3] Gird up thy loins like a man: I will ask thee, and answer thou me. [4] Where wast thou when I laid up the foundations of the earth? tell me if thou hast understanding. [5] Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?

Jesus, Mary, I love Thee! Save souls!

MundaCorMeum

Quote from: Carleendiane on September 11, 2017, 03:47:00 PM

Merlot is my favorite.....even if I do have to drink it barefoot  ;)

MundaCorMeum

The three year old has announced that he will be sick tomorrow, and will be throwing up for 6 days  :huh:  meteorologist meets hypochondriac.   Laus, bring whiskey tomorrow to good morning for coffee....not Bailey's or flaming dr. Peppers, please