go to bed

Started by Carleendiane, September 11, 2016, 01:19:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kephapaulos

That is a good question about slumber parties. I'm not sure why they're called what they. I'd have to look that up.

I had thought of eating peanut butter the same way too. I put some honey in a bowl and ate it with a spoon. You could say I ate it like Winnie the Pooh only with a bowl and spoon. ;D

Carleendiane

Quote from: Kephapaulos on September 05, 2017, 10:29:19 PM
Quote from: Carleendiane on September 05, 2017, 06:03:32 PM
Quote from: Bernadette on September 05, 2017, 05:11:24 PM
It's been nasty and rainy all day here. I'm waiting for the cat to come out of hiding so I can put her inside, then go and listen to an audiobook with some tea.

It is already fall is here. No more hot days, not that I miss them. All they do is give me elephant ankles, swollen...big, but not a problem in cool weather.

Dymph, you and I make a pact to actually sleep. Not just wish for it!

No! Stay up all night! Why don't you both have a slumber party instead? j/k

I came home after class and an errand. Then I ate stew. And honey for dessert.

OK Keph, you were just kidding  :) But it would be quite unseemly and I dare say scandalous for Dymphna and I to have a pajama party in gotobed. All you men wandering in and out. You know. So, Dymph and I will be good and Noble Catholics and refrain from pajama parties in gotobed.  :) Besides.......there's enough shock and awe around here  ;)
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Carleendiane

Laus? Whatcha drinking tonight? Nevermind....I can't keep up with you. I'll just have something simple. Cold. But simple.
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Carleendiane

Yep. B.O.R.I.N.G. Don't blame anyone for avoiding this thread. But, strangely, I am not totally bored. I am somewhat sufficient unto myself.  :lol:

Carleendiane

Ok. One of my sheep got out. So I got my faithful dog. Turned off the electric fence and it jumped back in! Tell me something. Why do my truly dumb sheep know not to touch the fence when the power is on, but my truly brilliant grandchildren still want to touch the fence?

LausTibiChriste

Quote from: Carleendiane on September 06, 2017, 04:36:37 PM
Laus? Whatcha drinking tonight? Nevermind....I can't keep up with you. I'll just have something simple. Cold. But simple.

Its like 9 billion degrees outside so I'll be drinking something cold too
Lord Jesus Christ, Son Of God, Have Mercy On Me A Sinner

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

Communism is as American as Apple Pie

Carleendiane

Quote from: LausTibiChriste on September 06, 2017, 06:08:49 PM
Quote from: Carleendiane on September 06, 2017, 04:36:37 PM

Its like 9 billion degrees outside so I'll be drinking something cold too

Really? Wow! It's sweatshirt weather here! Cheers!

Bernadette

It's going to be in the 50s tonight.  ;D
My Lord and my God.

LausTibiChriste

Quote from: Bernadette on September 06, 2017, 06:33:24 PM
It's going to be in the 50s tonight.  ;D

Do you live in the Middle East?
Lord Jesus Christ, Son Of God, Have Mercy On Me A Sinner

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

Communism is as American as Apple Pie

Non Nobis

Quote from: Kephapaulos on September 06, 2017, 11:39:48 AM
I put some honey in a bowl and ate it with a spoon. You could say I ate it like Winnie the Pooh only with a bowl and spoon. ;D

Long ago I used to eat a little bit on the tip of a spoon.  Hmm, come to think about it, how many times did I do this; it may have added up!  A whole teaspoon all at once would have been too sweet, but who knows what I could have done little by little?
[Matthew 8:26]  And Jesus saith to them: Why are you fearful, O ye of little faith? Then rising up he commanded the winds, and the sea, and there came a great calm.

[Job  38:1-5]  Then the Lord answered Job out of a whirlwind, and said: [2] Who is this that wrappeth up sentences in unskillful words? [3] Gird up thy loins like a man: I will ask thee, and answer thou me. [4] Where wast thou when I laid up the foundations of the earth? tell me if thou hast understanding. [5] Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?

Jesus, Mary, I love Thee! Save souls!

MundaCorMeum

Quote from: Carleendiane on September 06, 2017, 06:05:21 PM
Ok. One of my sheep got out. So I got my faithful dog. Turned off the electric fence and it jumped back in! Tell me something. Why do my truly dumb sheep know not to touch the fence when the power is on, but my truly brilliant grandchildren still want to touch the fence?

Have your grandchildren actually touched it, yet? 

Carleendiane

Quote from: MundaCorMeum on September 06, 2017, 07:56:13 PM

Yes, a few have. It's strong, but wont harm them.

MundaCorMeum

Quote from: Carleendiane on September 07, 2017, 05:57:40 AM
Quote from: MundaCorMeum on September 06, 2017, 07:56:13 PM

Yes, a few have. It's strong, but wont harm them.

Well, there goes my theory....let the, touch it, and then they won't want to do it again  ;D.  Our electric is pretty strong, though.  Maybe you should kick it up a notch  :P

MundaCorMeum

I hope it's ok to open, Carleen.  You've got a lot on your plate, so I thought I'd help you out =)  Anyway, it's my night off, so the kids are outside at the shed with husband.  I just stepped outside to find my glass of water, and oldest son is standing on top of the farm truck....bare chested, in nothing but a pair of gym shorts   :o  they're barbarians...the whole lot of them.  Laus, what kind of wine do you have for us this evening?

Carleendiane

Quote from: MundaCorMeum on September 07, 2017, 05:46:58 PM
I hope it's ok to open, Carleen.  You've got a lot on your plate, so I thought I'd help you out =)  Anyway, it's my night off, so the kids are outside at the shed with husband.  I just stepped outside to find my glass of water, and oldest son is standing on top of the farm truck....bare chested, in nothing but a pair of gym shorts   :o  they're barbarians...the whole lot of them.  Laus, what kind of wine do you have for us this evening?

My lovely Munda....I am delighted you have opened up and ordered our wine (LAUS?). Here to nights off, mom. Try to suck all the pleasure you can out of it. It's the little things. A full glass of wine, listening to the littles and almost, almost wanting to get in on their fun time with dad. But busting your buttons at how adorable the barbarians are! I wish my past Littles could be little again. Yes, I was so happy nursing cooking changing diapers doling out graham crackers chopping apples cheese and all kinds of finger food. What I wouldn't give to go back to that!