go to bed

Started by Carleendiane, September 11, 2016, 01:19:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PerEvangelicaDicta

Quote from: Carleendiane on August 30, 2017, 07:28:42 PM
Quote from: PerEvangelicaDicta on August 30, 2017, 07:11:17 PM
:seeya:

I'll take that big loveable lug, Logan tonight!  C'mere, you semi stinking hardly snoring Romeo  :-*

He's yours. 2 weeks. I lied about an overnite. 3 hand full 2 times a day food. He likes 1 T  butter melted and tossed withit his food. Loves shredded cheese. Hates tomato sauce. Loves omelettes. Thanks Per. I am beyond happy. Do not return unless he has regained his sanity.

You got it.  Mine like butter too.  They come running when they hear the dang knife come out of the drawer, even before I pull the butter out of the frig.  I like the idea of melting it for their food, thanks for that idea.  I also put some bacon drippings in their food too a few times a week, or other rendered fat.  And eggs of course.  Good for them.

We'll distract Logan with lots of love and attention and he'll forget about the bxxxxh next door.  :o

One caveat: our mutts were rescued in Chile so he many come home barking in Spanish. Sure, sounds cool, you say, but have you heard Chilean?  Ugh, an awful dialect.  Especially when howled.
They shall not be confounded in the evil time; and in the days of famine they shall be filled
Psalms 36:19

PerEvangelicaDicta

Dymphna, I could never get away with nail color like that, but I have to say your hands are lovely and feminine!
They shall not be confounded in the evil time; and in the days of famine they shall be filled

PerEvangelicaDicta

Ches, a year!! 
I remember the wait here.  Seems like just a few months ago.  How we all rejoiced in your joy.
Thank you for sharing so many amusing and interesting stories about your sweet family.  I join the chorus that you should compile them into a book.

Continued prayers for you all, friend.  :pray1:

Carleendiane

Quote from: Chestertonian on August 30, 2017, 09:38:56 PM
my wife put our newly minted ONE YEAR old to bed for the 2nd time, cant believe today is the baby's birthday.  We survived the first year!  I'm glad to have made it this far with him... The Mrs is trying to put together a small first birthday celebration at home.  I suggested a birthday open house so I think we are going to do that.  I feel selfish saying this but a party just seems really intimidating for me and I think for a 1 year old it's a lot of people.  From my experience being a dad, the first birthday party is more for the parents than the kid.  The baby doesn't undrstand what's going on, why people are giving him presents.  By the time they're three or 4 they know what birthdays are all about... they have their own ideas about how they want to celebrate their birthday.  with the first birthday we are celebrating the fact that all of us made it through this leg of the journey together....in one piece. 

he is still waking up multiple times at night. wondering how long this can go on.

No way,a year. Seems like he was strapped on your chest just yearterday! Now it's a year. How can this be? God bless the little wiggly squirmy rug rat!
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Carleendiane

Quote from: dymphna17 on August 30, 2017, 09:26:18 PM
Awww  Logan's in luuuvvv!  You forgot to tell PerE about   :skeptical: :tinfoil: /whispering...  about the howling

Well, what do you think?  Did I attain the biker rally flames?

My dear dymph, out of love I say....doncha think those nails a tidy bit racey? Just sayin...
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

dymphna17

Quote from: Carleendiane on August 31, 2017, 06:21:34 AM
Awww  Logan's in luuuvvv!  You forgot to tell PerE about   :skeptical: :tinfoil: /whispering...  about the howling

My dear dymph, out of love I say....doncha think those nails a tidy bit racey? Just sayin...

What do you mean, racey?  These pictures don't even show the glittery sparkle in the red.  Would it be better if I only had 1 or 2 nails as flames and the others black or orange (Harley colors)?
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

Carleendiane

Quote from: dymphna17 on August 31, 2017, 06:40:11 AM

What do you mean, racey?  These pictures don't even show the glittery sparkle in the red.  Would it be better if I only had 1 or 2 nails as flames and the others black or orange (Harley colors)?

Dymphna, I was just baiting you! They are masterpiece! See how I got you? Love them! Remind me again what your purpose is for this particular design.

MundaCorMeum

Quote from: Chestertonian on August 30, 2017, 09:38:56 PM
my wife put our newly minted ONE YEAR old to bed for the 2nd time, cant believe today is the baby's birthday.  We survived the first year!  I'm glad to have made it this far with him... The Mrs is trying to put together a small first birthday celebration at home.  I suggested a birthday open house so I think we are going to do that.  I feel selfish saying this but a party just seems really intimidating for me and I think for a 1 year old it's a lot of people.  From my experience being a dad, the first birthday party is more for the parents than the kid.  The baby doesn't undrstand what's going on, why people are giving him presents.  By the time they're three or 4 they know what birthdays are all about... they have their own ideas about how they want to celebrate their birthday.  with the first birthday we are celebrating the fact that all of us made it through this leg of the journey together....in one piece. 

he is still waking up multiple times at night. wondering how long this can go on.

You want the good news, or the bad news?

dymphna17

Quote from: Carleendiane on August 31, 2017, 06:53:32 AM

Dymphna, I was just baiting you! They are masterpiece! See how I got you? Love them! Remind me again what your purpose is for this particular design.

Flames seem to be a particular design beloved by bikers.  It is a common theme that you will find painted on many motorcycles and see in many tattoos, jewelry, and clothes.  I painted my nails with flames when we went to the Guns N Roses concert last year and forgot about it until I was looking for something special to do for this rally.  I found a video that showed a way to do them in a little more subtle fashion this time.

You got me, my dear Carleen.  I've been going back and forth as to whether having all my nails this way was too much and maybe it would look better having just one or two that way and the rest a solid color, or just leave them be.  I could go either way.   :shrug:  Thank you for the compliment though.   :)
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

Carleendiane

Quote from: dymphna17 on August 31, 2017, 07:54:08 AM

Flames seem to be a particular design beloved by bikers.  It is a common theme that you will find painted on many motorcycles and see in many tattoos, jewelry, and clothes.  I painted my nails with flames when we went to the Guns N Roses concert last year and forgot about it until I was looking for something special to do for this rally.  I found a video that showed a way to do them in a little more subtle fashion this time.

You got me, my dear Carleen.  I've been going back and forth as to whether having all my nails this way was too much and maybe it would look better having just one or two that way and the rest a solid color, or just leave them be.  I could go either way.   :shrug:  Thank you for the compliment though.   :)

You may have something about just do a few. My mom always said, "Carleen, less is best." It's about the only thing I took to heart. Joking. My mother was the most loving, kind, sacrificial, person I've EVER known and will ever meet, other than Father Hardon.

Oh, I am so moved by the tragedy in Texas. My heart hurts for these poor people, even the well to do are losing so very much.     :pray1: :pray2: :pray3:

dymphna17

Quote from: Carleendiane on August 31, 2017, 08:30:48 AM

You may have something about just do a few. My mom always said, "Carleen, less is best." It's about the only thing I took to heart. Joking. My mother was the most loving, kind, sacrificial, person I've EVER known and will ever meet, other than Father Hardon.

Oh, I am so moved by the tragedy in Texas. My heart hurts for these poor people, even the well to do are losing so very much.     :pray1: :pray2: :pray3:

Thanks for the input!  I'll talk to Hubby and see what he thinks, and make a decision tonight.  ;)

I know what you mean about the folks in Texas.  I can't imagine what they must be going through.  We'll be hearing horror stories for many, many years, I'm afraid.  We need to be sure to pray for the First Responders out in the field.  They will be finding unimaginable things that they will have to deal with.  I still can't believe we've lost 2 people in our Dickinson parish.  Anyway, I'll be curious to see if the things that were done for those affected by Hurricane Katrina in Louisiana, will be done for those in Texas.  Granted, the people of Texas are some the most self sufficient in the US, they will still need help.  It will be many years before things will be put back together.
?

Carleendiane

Quote from: dymphna17 on August 31, 2017, 08:46:13 AM
Quote from: Carleendiane on August 31, 2017, 08:30:48 AM

Thanks for the input!  I'll talk to Hubby and see what he thinks, and make a decision tonight.  ;)

I know what you mean about the folks in Texas.  I can't imagine what they must be going through.  We'll be hearing horror stories for many, many years, I'm afraid.  We need to be sure to pray for the First Responders out in the field.  They will be finding unimaginable things that they will have to deal with.  I still can't believe we've lost 2 people in our Dickinson parish.  Anyway, I'll be curious to see if the things that were done for those affected by Hurricane Katrina in Louisiana, will be done for those in Texas.  Granted, the people of Texas are some the most self sufficient in the US, they will still need help.  It will be many years before things will be put back together.

Amen.  :pray3:

Carleendiane

Go to bed is now open. So...my dog sneaked out. Yes he did. He came back filthy, but quite satisfied with himself. Calm and sweet. If I were to speculate...I'd say he found a lover.  Not the neighbor dog. But an entirely new love. He is calm and passive. In a few months I may see little logans all over. There could have been more than one sweetheart. Why did I leave this dog unfixed? I haven't made a buck on his majestic self. God knows. I pay the high cost for a purebred, for one time, the only time, and can't even capitalize on it because I am a disorganized twit I am.

Carleendiane

:seeya:  Hi Ches! Happy to see you!

Carleendiane

Come. It is late enough to not be unseemly to visit go to bed. Really, it's way late. LAUS? DYMPH?