go to bed

Started by Carleendiane, September 11, 2016, 01:19:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MundaCorMeum

Ugh. Sleep.  There never seems to be enough, and it always seems to be just out of reach. Maybe we should talk about something else  :P

Carleendiane

Quote from: MundaCorMeum on August 25, 2017, 07:08:48 PM
Ugh. Sleep.  There never seems to be enough, and it always seems to be just out of reach. Maybe we should talk about something else  :P

Ok. How about beer or wine or cider or other anesthesizers. Or sleep aids. Or maybe child muzzles.
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Lydia Purpuraria

Quote from: Carleendiane on August 25, 2017, 07:25:16 PM

Ok. How about beer or wine or cider or other anesthesizers. Or sleep aids. Or maybe child muzzles.

;D

dymphna17

Benadryl?  Really?  I may have to try that again.  The only time I ever had it work was in the hospital after my heart attack.  The night I got my own room out of ICU, they mixed up my night meds with my Mom's.  I brought it to their attention, so taking them was out of the question, even though I know it would have worked very well.  Me and my big mouth.  So instead they gave me a Benedryl.  I laughed but I started dozing off every once in awhile and a nurse would come in and stick me to check my blood sugar and give me insulin as needed.  It would have been nice if they would have woke me up before doing that, but hey, Benadryl!   :lol:  Hope it works!
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

Chestertonian

slept most of the evening including when my family came to visit so i missed out on that.  my wife texted me saying they came and were going to let me sleep.  now i'm awake and no one's here except the nurses are laughing about something across the hall

cant believe that  my son's summer vacation is almost over.  in a little less than 2 weeks he'll be back to school.  they are saying that the weather is perfect--72 degrees today hoping it stays that way and I can go home and enjoy some of this nice weather before it's gone. 

hope Christulsa pops in, someone has to bring in the virtual snacks. 

Quote from: dymphna17 on August 25, 2017, 07:59:54 PM
Benadryl?  Really?  I may have to try that again.  The only time I ever had it work was in the hospital after my heart attack.  The night I got my own room out of ICU, they mixed up my night meds with my Mom's.  I brought it to their attention, so taking them was out of the question, even though I know it would have worked very well.  Me and my big mouth.  So instead they gave me a Benedryl.  I laughed but I started dozing off every once in awhile and a nurse would come in and stick me to check my blood sugar and give me insulin as needed.  It would have been nice if they would have woke me up before doing that, but hey, Benadryl!   :lol:  Hope it works!

oh youre diabetic?  my son finished off 2 weeks of diabetes camp
"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

MundaCorMeum

Quote from: Carleendiane on August 25, 2017, 07:25:16 PM

Child muzzles....now we're talking!  (seriously, I love my kids...they are the best.  Just, really loud and sleep-depriving).

dymphna17

Quote from: Chestertonian on August 25, 2017, 08:27:06 PM
slept most of the evening including when my family came to visit so i missed out on that.  my wife texted me saying they came and were going to let me sleep.  now i'm awake and no one's here except the nurses are laughing about something across the hall

cant believe that  my son's summer vacation is almost over.  in a little less than 2 weeks he'll be back to school.  they are saying that the weather is perfect--72 degrees today hoping it stays that way and I can go home and enjoy some of this nice weather before it's gone. 

I'm just a Type 2.  I've got the triple threat.  Sucks to be me!  What do they do at Diabetes Camp?  Is it to build friendships with other diabetics?  Or just to relax and learn about the disease and they are taught ways to cope, and thing like that.?  Sorry about all the questions, I just think that a diabetes camp would be really cool.  Did he act differently when he came home?  OK, I'm done now, I promise.    8)
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

Chestertonian

Quote from: dymphna17 on August 25, 2017, 09:32:09 PM
Quote from: Chestertonian on August 25, 2017, 08:27:06 PM

I'm just a Type 2.  I've got the triple threat.  Sucks to be me!  What do they do at Diabetes Camp?  Is it to build friendships with other diabetics?  Or just to relax and learn about the disease and they are taught ways to cope, and thing like that.?  Sorry about all the questions, I just think that a diabetes camp would be really cool.  Did he act differently when he came home?  OK, I'm done now, I promise.    8)
a childrens hospital puts it on every year.  just a day camp.  all the staff are either nurses, diabetes educators, or teens/young adults with type 1.  They do some activities related to diabetes management and nutrition but there's also a lot of regular camp stuff too, like dodgeball, a slip & slide, capture the flag, trips to the local pool and all that. 

I think the best part about it was being able to send him to a camp without freaking out about whether he'll be OK vs every other time we leave him with someone (apart from school).  He is getting to be the age where kids in his class are going to friends houses without a parent places, and he keeps wanting to walk upstairs to go play with the other children in our building...and while it's very age appropriate to do this we aren't able to let him have that kind of freedom.  so he did make a lot of friends there hopefully we will be able to get together with some of them after camp is over.  when the school year starts things get busy for everyone though..
"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

Carleendiane

Ches, I am happy son got to do this! What a neat opportunity, with the bonus is that you don't need to worry. Win. Win.

OK thread open! I lost track of time. Make sure no one forgets to go to bed tonight.
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Carleendiane

Open. Right now we are open. Come.

Carleendiane

What does everyone think of a padded toilet seat or some lace curtains. This place is quite bare.

MundaCorMeum

I'm not a fan of padded toilet seats. 

Lace is pretty and I certainly appreciate when people use it in their decor....but, personally, I'm too simple country, and rustic (aka rough around the edges) for it to work for me. I actually wouldn't mind a touch of lace for my home altar, though.  Just a little.

Toddler sounds like he is coming down with a little something.  He sounds stuffy and told me after he got back from church that there was a bug in his nose.  It was just snot, but to him it literally felt like a bug.  Funny how children perceive things

Carleendiane

Quote from: MundaCorMeum on August 27, 2017, 06:51:27 PM
I'm not a fan of padded toilet seats. 

Lace is pretty and I certainly appreciate when people use it in their decor....but, personally, I'm too simple country, and rustic (aka rough around the edges) for it to work for me. I actually wouldn't mind a touch of lace for my home altar, though.  Just a little.

Toddler sounds like he is coming down with a little something.  He sounds stuffy and told me after he got back from church that there was a bug in his nose.  It was just snot, but to him it literally felt like a bug.  Funny how children perceive things

Munda i don't even own any lace! Just asking.  :pray3: no colds, please dear Lord. Padded toilet seats easily get tears and moisture  sucked  in.

Chestertonian

what about those plastic couch covers

dymphna17

No, no, no, no, no.  Just no.  No plastic couch covers.  It's bad enough sitting on a leather couch in the summertime, but those plastic covers stick to you even in the winter.  And definitely no padded toilet seats.  I don't like hearing the whoosh sound when I sit down.

As for lace, I put lace panels behind my curtains.  That gives you the touch of it without over feminizing things.  imo  :)  But I do like my lace tablecloths.  Another way to add a touch of lace to a room, in particular for a girl's bedroom or a parlor, is to take the piece of cardboard that comes in a picture frame, paint it, and put a piece of lace over it.  Then take a picture that is smaller than the frame and place it in the center.  That gives you the look of a lace matt around your picture.  You can get really cheap frames at Walmart and this just kind of dresses them up.
?