go to bed

Started by Carleendiane, September 11, 2016, 01:19:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carleendiane

Quote from: PerEvangelicaDicta on August 19, 2017, 11:30:45 PM
Late night ravings from the happy, holy?, eccentric home of PED:
Recently I've had cravings for the raw goat milk that my sweetie picks up at the farm on his way home from golf....  so here's a mental pic for ya: 
I pad down the stairs barefoot in my leopard print sweat pants and tank top (it's been perty humid 'round these parts) in the middle of the night, stepping over the 2 crazy Chilean street dogs we rescued when we lived in Santiago, one of which has a cat (also from Chile <sigh, long story>) curled up on his back, make my way to the refrigerator by the light of the salt lamp, unscrew the mason jar and chug it straight, no glass.  Gotta love the subsequent 'stache.
How's that for a demure traditional Catholic woman lol!
(and, gasp!, I sometimes wear pants at night!)

Per, you sound so young, really. I can just see my girls doing the same thing! Well, let's make that me. I'm the one that liked our raw goats milk. Do you have goats? I used to, but they were the worst escape artists. They would find a weak spot on my fencing and work it until there was a hole. I got tired of finding them in garage, on back porch, eating the little trees we planted and getting into their food. I didn't mind the milk though. We raised some for the meat, which is pretty good. I find sheep more rewarding, though I do not milk them. 6 lambsare enough meat for the winter. We butcher at one year though many butcher well before that.  We just want a bit more meat for what it costs to have them butchered and properly packaged.
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Carleendiane

Guess what? I enjoyed today's potluck, but that's not my news. I got to sit and talk with Sanambrosi, and wife, plus see their BEAUTIFUL new baby girl! He lives in Jackson now, but usually goes a bit further to be able to attend the SPX  chapel near Dearborn Mi. But he came to our Mass today. He is such an amiable, sweet man with a sweet family.His baby girl may be one of the most beautiful babies I've ever seen. I say may be because I've heard my little baby girl is a real stunner. I've only seen pictures and she is cute, but another daughter said she is the prettiest baby she's ever seen, so I'll hold off until I see Lydia in real life!
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

MundaCorMeum

Quote from: Carleendiane on August 20, 2017, 06:28:11 PM
Quote from: MundaCorMeum on August 20, 2017, 06:21:03 PM
What can I help myself to? I'm spent! The kiddos, and life in general, have been incredibly draining lately.  Good thing I love them, and that they are wonderful just the same.  But, good grief, I am running on empty.  Actually, I do have some pork Parmesan (like chicken, but with pork tenderloin medallions) to offer.  It's leftovers, but still....it's the feast of St. Bernard.  Enjoy!

Munda, seems you just keep giving! Relax now, my friend. You've done enough O good and faithful servant. Let me serve you. Let's see. We had a 4 meat chili today. It had pork chops cubed, chicken cubed, brats sliced and ground lamb. Topped with chips and cheese. But you food sounds more special. If you are not hungrey, I will serve you some chilled expensive champagne, or maybe some laced coffee, or maybe some blue moon beer. Do you like blue moon?

I don't know what those words mean  ;)

Champagne...yes, please.  Blue Moon...yes, tasty  :)

Laced coffee??  What is that?  I'll try some tomorrow....it's another busy day

Carleendiane

Quote from: MundaCorMeum on August 20, 2017, 06:50:43 PM
Quote from: Carleendiane on August 20, 2017, 06:28:11 PM
Quote from: MundaCorMeum on August 20, 2017, 06:21:03 PM
What can I help myself to? I'm spent! The kiddos, and life in general, have been incredibly draining lately.  Good thing I love them, and that they are wonderful just the same.  But, good grief, I am running on empty.  Actually, I do have some pork Parmesan (like chicken, but with pork tenderloin medallions) to offer.  It's leftovers, but still....it's the feast of St. Bernard.  Enjoy!

Munda, seems you just keep giving! Relax now, my friend. You've done enough O good and faithful servant. Let me serve you. Let's see. We had a 4 meat chili today. It had pork chops cubed, chicken cubed, brats sliced and ground lamb. Topped with chips and cheese. But you food sounds more special. If you are not hungrey, I will serve you some chilled expensive champagne, or maybe some laced coffee, or maybe some blue moon beer. Do you like blue moon?

I don't know what those words mean  ;)

Champagne...yes, please.  Blue Moon...yes, tasty  :)

Laced coffee??  What is that?  I'll try some tomorrow....it's another busy day

Laced coffee....coffee with bailey's or some creme de cocoa, or maybe Khalua. You know...laced coffee!

MundaCorMeum

I do like Baileys coffee in the winter.  I really hate to say this, but it's almost too hot for coffee lately....I said almost! Maybe an iced, laced coffee for tomorrow???

Carleendiane

Quote from: MundaCorMeum on August 20, 2017, 07:49:56 PM
I do like Baileys coffee in the winter.  I really hate to say this, but it's almost too hot for coffee lately....I said almost! Maybe an iced, laced coffee for tomorrow???

Oh yes, when hot...iced coffee, always iced.

Carleendiane

G-nite All. May God bless your sleep. And the angels watch over you.

PerEvangelicaDicta

QuoteThe kiddos, and life in general, have been incredibly draining lately.
Any respite on the horizon? 
Or can you carve out any (don't laugh! :) ) ; i.e., a warm soak in some epsom salts and lavender at night with a good book kinda thing?
They shall not be confounded in the evil time; and in the days of famine they shall be filled
Psalms 36:19

PerEvangelicaDicta

I don't have goats, CD, and your stories of escape are what I commonly hear!   Luckily there's a local gentleman who raises them.  I used to love raw cows milk until I got hooked on goat milk.  And, bonus!  It has been hands down integral to my recovery the past 6 months from an uber fatiguing stress related issue.  I looked into it for reasoning - apparently raw milk is high in N-A-C, just what I needed lol.  Deo gratias for His simple remedies.

CD, I hadn't considered the return on investment re: lamb - butchering and preparation cost.
I love how just about everyone in Ireland, large property or small, has sheep, and the lambs roam their land in spring. Rambling thought somewhat related to your comment, but do people milk sheep?  Naïveté on my part, I'd just never heard of it.
They shall not be confounded in the evil time; and in the days of famine they shall be filled
Psalms 36:19

MundaCorMeum

Quote from: PerEvangelicaDicta on August 20, 2017, 11:29:18 PM
QuoteThe kiddos, and life in general, have been incredibly draining lately.
Any respite on the horizon? 
Or can you carve out any (don't laugh! :) ) ; i.e., a warm soak in some epsom salts and lavender at night with a good book kinda thing?

I think the latter part of this week will be calmer.  I try to take a night off each week, but I haven't been able to do that lately.  I think I will this week, though, which will definitely help!  Thanks :)

Carleendiane

Quote from: PerEvangelicaDicta on August 20, 2017, 11:44:45 PM
I don't have goats, CD, and your stories of escape are what I commonly hear!   Luckily there's a local gentleman who raises them.  I used to love raw cows milk until I got hooked on goat milk.  And, bonus!  It has been hands down integral to my recovery the past 6 months from an uber fatiguing stress related issue.  I looked into it for reasoning - apparently raw milk is high in N-A-C, just what I needed lol.  Deo gratias for His simple remedies.

CD, I hadn't considered the return on investment re: lamb - butchering and preparation cost.
I love how just about everyone in Ireland, large property or small, has sheep, and the lambs roam their land in spring. Rambling thought somewhat related to your comment, but do people milk sheep?  Naïveté on my part, I'd just never heard of it.

People do milk sheep, some types of sheep are easier than others. Some have little to grab onto and some have more.

Carleendiane

So, someone asked what Shandy is. I think it may have been Chris. Anyway, I asked my son and he said any beer mixed with a fruit. My favorite is grapefruit shandy. Yes, it is sweeter than regular beer, but not much. Some shandies are sweeter than others. My favorite is not what you would call sweet. I do not like sweet beer. I don't mind a sweet cider, like angry orchard, but that's not beer.

Carleendiane

Per E., it is so nice to have you join us in this thread. Love your posts. Please continue popping in from time to time. You are a real bright spot on this forum.

Carleendiane

So, Bird, did you mean ENGAGED engaged? Can you tell us a wee bit more?

dymphna17

We are in the midst of the strangest sounding thunderstorm I think I've ever heard.  It's rolling thunder, but it sounds as though it's rolling from north to south, right over our house.  Boom, boom, boom, boom, boom, boom, gone.  Very weird.

Pain left about 12:30 this afternoon.  I'm afraid to move, just in case.  Going to try to close my eyes and listen to the storm outside of my head for a change.  :)  Thank you all for your prayers.  God bless   8)
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica