go to bed

Started by Carleendiane, September 11, 2016, 01:19:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

christulsa

Quote from: Carleendiane on August 12, 2017, 05:18:35 PM
Go for it Chris! You set it up, they will participate, but the salsa is not even made yet! I'll take a vodka shot, but I'll have to mix it with cherry juice and tonic water. Can't drink it straight. How about you. I have some refri gerator pickles, quite spice and flavorful.

Bringing out a tray of Budlights and Pork Rind Nachos.

Just need some Thank Yous in my last post, and we can talk about what kind of contest and start savoring some of Carleen's famous homemade salsa!!! 

:popcorn:

Carleendiane

Quote from: christulsa on August 12, 2017, 08:24:47 PM
Go for it Chris! You set it up, they will participate, but the salsa is not even made yet! I'll take a vodka shot, but I'll have to mix it with cherry juice and tonic water. Can't drink it straight. How about you. I have some refri gerator pickles, quite spice and flavorful.

Just need some Thank Yous in my last post, and we can talk about what kind of contest and start savoring some of Carleen's famous homemade salsa!!! 

Ok, I thanked you. So, do tell, who made the salsa on your counter?  One fall I made 150 jars of the stuff!  That is home made, did you make it? Or did Mrs. C?
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

dymphna17

Quote from: Carleendiane on August 12, 2017, 06:32:17 PM
Quote from: dymphna17 on August 12, 2017, 05:33:39 PM
Go for it Chris! You set it up, they will participate, but the salsa is not even made yet! I'll take a vodka shot, but I'll have to mix it with cherry juice and tonic water. Can't drink it straight. How about you. I have some refrigerator pickles, quite spice and flavorful.

Bread and butter pickles are better.  Just sayin'.   :P

Just sugar, just sayin......

No, there's green stuff and little yellow seeds as well.  And vinegar.  And water.   :P ;) 8)
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

christulsa

Quote from: Carleendiane on August 12, 2017, 09:43:34 PM
Quote from: christulsa on August 12, 2017, 08:24:47 PM

Ok, I thanked you. So, do tell, who made the salsa on your counter?  One fall I made 150 jars of the stuff!  That is home made, did you make it? Or did Mrs. C?

An image from Google.   :patriot:

christulsa

Quote from: Carleendiane on August 11, 2017, 08:20:33 PM
Yes, it's time. Time to brush teeth after your last beer or mixed drink. Pick out some jammies. Say prayers. Please remember my dear brother. Still trying to get info on wife. Going to see a judge to get two court orders. One that they give her a med for thyroid, second that he be allowed to see her.

Chris, if you have a special tray with special healthy snack, get it in here. These poor people have to brush their teeth. Sitting here eating my refrigerator dill pickles. Love them. As good or better than Clausen pickles. Nice and spicey, a bit crunchy and even pretty to look at through the jar.  Did get all my peppers chopped, steamed and frozen, waiting to be used in salsa made  in quarts. Hope to get a hundred quarts done this summer. My kitchen will be pulled together by Monday. Party on Wednesday. The new kitchen is so very much appreciated.

Bringing out chilled vodka shots and pickled cherry peppers.

100 quarts?  Holy Moley.  We should have a contest.  Winner gets a quart!?   :) I'll pay for the postage

This is a petition to Carleen to have a contest for a jar of her salsa.  If you would like to sign the petition and join the contest, click "Thank You."    :)

Two people have "signed the petition."  Anyone else interested.  Just click Thank You.

christulsa

-

Carleendiane

Quote from: christulsa on August 13, 2017, 04:22:45 PM
-

Not much to say tonight, huh, Chris? ;)  Go ahead and bring that tray in feed the hungry, drinks for the thirstry
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

dymphna17

Quote from: Carleendiane on August 13, 2017, 07:38:04 PM
-

Not much to say tonight, huh, Chris? ;)  Go ahead and bring that tray in feed the hungry, drinks for the thirstry

I'm in the mood for a Fuzzy Navel.  Oooo, and wedding cake.  Fuzzy Navels and wedding cake.  That should go over like a lead balloon.   :lol:  Have any of that handy Chris?  /please say yes, please say yes, please say yes
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

Carleendiane

Quote from: dymphna17 on August 13, 2017, 08:32:40 PM
-

I'm in the mood for a Fuzzy Navel.  Oooo, and wedding cake.  Fuzzy Navels and wedding cake.  That should go over like a lead balloon.   :lol:  Have any of that handy Chris?  /please say yes, please say yes, please say yes

Yes. And Yes. I have what you need Dymph. Don't go crazy on me. I have exactly what you want, my dear.  Chris said in a thread he may be taking a break. So I will step up and fill the needs. Now how do I make a fuzzy navel?

dymphna17

Quote from: Carleendiane on August 13, 2017, 08:53:57 PM
-

Yes. And Yes. I have what you need Dymph. Don't go crazy on me. I have exactly what you want, my dear.  Chris said in a thread he may be taking a break. So I will step up and fill the needs. Now how do I make a fuzzy navel?

Poor guy.  He must be getting overwhelmed.  He's got an awful lot on his plate, that's for sure.  So, a fuzzy navel consists of:

Making a Basic Fuzzy Navel
Fill a highball glass with ice. This easy cocktail recipe requires just a few steps! ...
Pour in 2 fl. oz. of peach schnapps. ...
Fill the rest of the way with orange juice. ...
Alternatively, shake the ingredients with ice and pour.

I like a splash of pineapple with mine as well.  It really brings out the peach flavor, imo.  Perhaps you've had it under another name?
?

Carleendiane

If I did, I have no memory of it. Dymph, read what Munda and I posted in your thread about boy gifts  :)

Carleendiane

Oh, shoot me, I have only regular vodka. No schnapps, no juice, no pineapple juice. Someone broke in last night and swiped the alcoholic drink mixers. I am so sorry. Some one, not sure who, but someone did not lock up last night. I could blame me, since that sounds like something I would do, but here's the thing.....it wasn't me. Do we need to investigate?

dymphna17

Quote from: Carleendiane on August 13, 2017, 09:30:10 PM
If I did, I have no memory of it. Dymph, read what Munda and I posted in your thread about boy gifts  :)

Are you all trying to make me cry?  I'm not doing anything special with them, but Hubby sure is.  It's kind of funny though, because he will bring me flowers that he says are in his yard, but I suspect the neighbors yard is being pilfered.  It's so sweet though.  I'm pressing a couple of them and have hung the others to dry.  I'm going to make a shadowbox with them in it, a picture of him, and a few other things.  He just beams when I show him what I'm doing with the flowers.  It's so cute!  I can't be my stern disciplinary self when he does that.  :laugh:  Anyway, you all are too kind.  Thank you.
?

christulsa

Quote from: dymphna17 on August 13, 2017, 09:09:18 PM
Quote from: Carleendiane on August 13, 2017, 08:53:57 PM
-

Poor guy.  He must be getting overwhelmed.  He's got an awful lot on his plate, that's for sure.  So, a fuzzy navel consists of:

Making a Basic Fuzzy Navel
Fill a highball glass with ice. This easy cocktail recipe requires just a few steps! ...
Pour in 2 fl. oz. of peach schnapps. ...
Fill the rest of the way with orange juice. ...
Alternatively, shake the ingredients with ice and pour.

I like a splash of pineapple with mine as well.  It really brings out the peach flavor, imo.  Perhaps you've had it under another name?

Bringing out a tray of warm milk and chocolate chip cookies.

Well, besides TMJ, I have Atypical Facial Pain.  Kind of like Trigeminal Neuralgia on both sides of my face.  Pain meds dont help it.  Doc thinks it will go away, but  Im unsure if it will ever go away.  I also have symptoms of Multiple Sclerosis--single leg weakness, parasthesias in arms and legs (numbness plus neuropathic pain) plus growing fatigue--3 symptoms common in MS.  Praying I don't have.  The worst is my face feeling constant strangeness which makes you feel disassociation. Almost impossible to ignore.  Think Leonardo de Caprio in The Man with the Iron Mask.  But TMJ and facial nerve pain is getting better so there's hope there.  Plus docs thought before my MS symptoms were like stress responses due to pain and insomnia while trying to finish school plus all the ER visits.  Oh plus my ears are plugged and I got tinnitus now from the TMJ so that's fun.   So I'm kind of mamed. To me it's very bizzare, but is what it is.  Good news I can now sit a long time in one place relaxed and am returing to work next week.  I make it to the gym and PT, etc.  Plus have a very supportive wife.  I am determined to finish physical therapy school next January and for us to have kids (naturally and through adoption).  Plus pray novena every night for recovery, especially to St. Padre Pio.  So there it is hanging all out.  Will drop in now and then while I recover. And bring snacks.  So please still pray for me, as I do for you.

Carleendiane

Dear Chris, wow, just wow, I will pray for you and you will stay in contact. Right? Deal? Yes I've heard of atypical face pain. So sorry, and ms? Please stop! Gonna start calling you Job. Holy cow!!! How much can a guy carry?  I'm gonna cry. You have been a bright spot here and without you, it will seem a bit dimmer. Truth. Won't say goodbye because you'll be back....Now and then.