go to bed

Started by Carleendiane, September 11, 2016, 01:19:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lydia Purpuraria

Quote from: dymphna17 on August 03, 2017, 06:58:50 PM
OK, here's a topic for you to wax eloquently about:  Whirled Peas - a beloved vegetable spun until it breaks, or a utopian hippy ideal for the planet?  Discuss

Heh.  I'd like to hear what Carleen has to say about this.  (And spun how?)   

Reminded me a little bit of this video.  Thoughts?

Carleendiane

Open. Drag your weary behinds in and sit. Have a drink and rest. Begin planning tomorrow if you want. Or just enjoy some peace and quiet. Munda!!!!!! Can you shut that kid up!   ;)
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Carleendiane

To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Carleendiane

Carleendiane

It will keep until tomorrow, won't it chris?

christulsa

Chestertonian

any updates onyoursister in law carleen?i have been praying for her, although i dont have much confidence in my prayers lately

I've been in the position of having my wife inpatient on the psych floor of a hospital and I don't remember being able to relax or sleep.  The absolute worst part is that the visiting schedule is very restricted.  When I'm in the hospital my wife is allowed to visit all day if she wants. Many of the hospitals allow 24 hour visitation.  Sometimes in intensive care they shoo you out or restrict the amount of people who can come.  But generally they welcome family members to be at the bedside.  But with psych hospitalization usually you're only allowed 2 hours at most.  And it was in this "day room" with all the other patients and their families, so there's zero privacy and it was hard to have a conversation because the room was noisy.  So for those other 22 hours I had no idea how things were going.  It was necessary but it could not be over fast enough.

just as an aside, i would avoid using labeling people with mental health diagnoses as "crazy."  I guess with psychotic disorders it might seem easy to say that word because they are so obviously out of touch with reality, but I know my wife has been labaled that by people before and it was very hurtful.   i've seen how hospitalization can change how former patients on psychiatric floors see themselves for years after the fact.  she has said before that no matter how far she came in her recovery, that hospitalization is always there on her "permanent record" following her for the rest of her life.  That's stigma for you.  i dont say this in the name of political correctness but out of respect for people with difficult diagnoses. 

it's likely that she'll come home from the hospital on some kind of medication.  one of the best things you can to encourage her to stay on the medication is by talking about it in a positive light, the way you'd talk about any other medication.  my wife's mom used to refer to the meds as "crazy pills" or "happy pills" so that made it hard for her to stay on meds.   Not saying you'd ever do this but being positive  and supportive about taking medication can help a lot.

I think one of the hardest things with mental illness is that because it's mental, you can't easily separate it from your identity and your moral character.  in the church mental health and moral virtue are often seen as interconnected so sometimes it seems like there is no support for people with mental illness in the church...often you hear people in traditionalist circles talking about mental illness and how most mentally ill people are really demon posessed or they just need to pray more rosaries

so when people use language like "Crazy people" it's counterproductive, because the person with a diagnosis often struggles to not define themselves based on their diagnosis and being talked about that way can make it harder.  it's very different from a physical diagnosis like say, cancer.  When someone gets cancer we don't call them "cancerous"

i think one of the best things you can do as the spouse/relative of someone going through mental health treatment is to just accept them, for who they are and also for where they are in the recovey process
"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

Carleendiane

Ches, that is very good advice. I am wrong to say crazy and won't say it again, sorry. I was never close to her. She was too cruel to my brother and said awful things about our family. I can forgive anything knowing she was never well. My brother feels she will never want to see him again. I'm not so sure. At this point she is not in a home yet. My brother said with this action, he put his future with her, on the chopping block. She may never want him back and that breaks his heart, but he would do it again if it would save her. I hope she does. He is the only one who truly loved her, deeply. I could love her too if she gave me a chance.

Carleendiane

Bed  thread open. Beheads unite. Got up and began working on a table, stripping it. Am still in the same clothes I wore to bed last night! Yuck, huh?

dymphna17

Quote from: Carleendiane on August 05, 2017, 05:39:33 PM
Bed  thread open. Beheads unite. Got up and began working on a table, stripping it. Am still in the same clothes I wore to bed last night! Yuck, huh?

Nah, I would just say you are a proficient time saver.  Sounds better than Yuck doesn't it?   :ack: :lol:
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

Carleendiane

Quote from: dymphna17 on August 05, 2017, 06:29:43 PM
Quote from: Carleendiane on August 05, 2017, 05:39:33 PM

Nah, I would just say you are a proficient time saver.  Sounds better than Yuck doesn't it?   :ack: :lol:

Why thank you. I already feel more dignified.

Carleendiane

Ok. So Chris, where's my steak? Oh forget it, still can't chew well. Give it to Keph. He's a man. Men love steak, right? Now, ice cream.....I LOVE IT!!! I love soft serve. So many flavors now. I remember when it was chocolate and vanilla soft serve. That's it. Now you can get any flavor you can think of. I love lemon, p butter, coffee, butter pecan, and so many more. I would choose ice cream over a meal. Just like a kid. Some people never grow up. That would be me.

MundaCorMeum

I have some limoncello.  We bought some to try.  Please help yourself  :)

The baby is still teething and cranky, so Carleen, I can't shut her up.  Get some ear plugs!  Like I tell my kids when they complain too much...offer it up, or do something about it, but stop belly aching  ;)

Chestertonian

We have a cranky baby here too

cabt find the stuffed Zoboomafoo he usually sleeps with
"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"