go to bed

Started by Carleendiane, September 11, 2016, 01:19:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dymphna17

Quote from: Carleendiane on August 02, 2017, 07:58:10 PM
Dymph, I'm here to tell you, it is wonderful with fireflies. Just wait and have them with your 4th shandy. Then they taste better.

Yes, I could see where they would make shandy's taste better.   :grin:  I'm much more of a gnat girl myself.  I don't even have to know they are there.  They fit in between your teeth and everything.  If you have to eat bugs, gnats are the way to go, imo.   8)
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

Carleendiane

Quote from: dymphna17 on August 02, 2017, 08:04:47 PM
Dymph, I'm here to tell you, it is wonderful with fireflies. Just wait and have them with your 4th shandy. Then they taste better.

Yes, I could see where they would make shandy's taste better.   :grin:  I'm much more of a gnat girl myself.  I don't even have to know they are there.  They fit in between your teeth and everything.  If you have to eat bugs, gnats are the way to go, imo.   8)

Ok. Smarty pants. Good one.
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

dymphna17

Quote from: Carleendiane on August 02, 2017, 08:07:27 PM
Quote from: dymphna17 on August 02, 2017, 08:04:47 PM

Ok. Smarty pants. Good one.

What?  I've got to get one good one in every once in a while just to keep up.   :shrug:
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

christulsa

Deep battered fireflies are a delicacy served at the rite of passage of young men of the Amazonian tribe called the Zombidympheens.  The women who prepare this have handed down to them a secret method of preserving the luminescence of the fly after frying. After the ritual is over, each young man is presented a glowing, luminescent bowl of batter fried fireflies to eat.  I myself have witnessed this in college during a summer anthropology trip and was allowed the rare privilege of tasting.  Their flavor is like crab but partly aromatic.

Carleendiane

Quote from: christulsa on August 02, 2017, 08:44:09 PM
Deep battered fireflies are a delicacy served at the rite of passage of young men of the Amazonian tribe called the Zombidympheens.  The women who prepare this have handed down to them a secret method of preserving the luminescence of the fly after frying. After the ritual is over, each young man is presented a glowing, luminescent bowl of batter fried fireflies to eat.  I myself have witnessed this in college during a summer anthropology trip and was allowed the rare privilege of tasting.  Their flavor is like crab but partly aromatic.

Bullshit......they taste more like popcorn.
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

dymphna17

Wow Chris.  That must have been very exciting for you.  Did you have to go firefly hunting?  The only indigenous cooking I've ever had the pleasure to taste was with something so secret that I had to promise to not use any vowels when spelling the name of the most important ingredient, p___t_.  We rode up some bluffs on horseback, and each taking their share, we went separate ways for a while to insure an individual experience. 

I didn't expect anything to happen except maybe get food poisoning.  I closed my eyes for a minute to decide how soon I should go back to our meeting place.  The skies showed clouds rolling in with a possible storm.  Should I ride it out or take shelter?  It looked to be a pretty good sized system headed my way.  I kept thinking that if I could just get ontop of those clouds, somehow, I would survive without being harmed.  I talked to my horse, Randall, to see what he thought.  Not a peep out of him.  Sure, if you ask him to add or subtract, he's all over that.  But meteorology just isn't his wheelhouse.  I decided to hunker down for a while under a large rock formation.  While there, Randall suddenly decided to talk.  And boy did he talk!  Then the storm hit.  It was an unusual rain that smelled like cotton candy instead of the regular purple raspberry rain.  Brown was smelling alot like lemon though.

I turned to ask Randall if he liked the cotton candy or the purple raspberry better?  Only to find that Michaingo had taken his place.  Why would a horse trade places with a purple flying squirrel that liked '80s grunge music?  He didn't know about that, but he did know that if a job came open that would get him away from his wife and 78 children for a little while, he wasn't going to complain.  Hope Randall is doing alright with Junay and the kids.  But a swap is a swap!

Now we just have to figure out what we are going to do to get us back to our rendezvous with the rest of the gang.  I think they are going to like Michaingo.  Soon we found a tree in which I could climb and Michaingo could take off without dropping me.  Off we went!  The popcorn, which was Michaingo's fur for all you haters out there, smelled delicious.  It wasn't gamey at all.  I couldn't help but swipe a couple of pieces.  So we meet up with the guys.  I turned around to introduce Michaingo to everyone, and he was gone.  They didn't have any out of the ordinary experiences either.
?

christulsa

Quote from: dymphna17 on August 02, 2017, 09:39:59 PM
Wow Chris.  That must have been very exciting for you.  Did you have to go firefly hunting?  The only indigenous cooking I've ever had the pleasure to taste was with something so secret that I had to promise to not use any vowels when spelling the name of the most important ingredient, p___t_.  We rode up some bluffs on horseback, and each taking their share, we went separate ways for a while to insure an individual experience. 

I didn't expect anything to happen except maybe get food poisoning.  I closed my eyes for a minute to decide how soon I should go back to our meeting place.  The skies showed clouds rolling in with a possible storm.  Should I ride it out or take shelter?  It looked to be a pretty good sized system headed my way.  I kept thinking that if I could just get ontop of those clouds, somehow, I would survive without being harmed.  I talked to my horse, Randall, to see what he thought.  Not a peep out of him.  Sure, if you ask him to add or subtract, he's all over that.  But meteorology just isn't his wheelhouse.  I decided to hunker down for a while under a large rock formation.  While there, Randall suddenly decided to talk.  And boy did he talk!  Then the storm hit.  It was an unusual rain that smelled like cotton candy instead of the regular purple raspberry rain.  Brown was smelling alot like lemon though.

I turned to ask Randall if he liked the cotton candy or the purple raspberry better?  Only to find that Michaingo had taken his place.  Why would a horse trade places with a purple flying squirrel that liked '80s grunge music?  He didn't know about that, but he did know that if a job came open that would get him away from his wife and 78 children for a little while, he wasn't going to complain.  Hope Randall is doing alright with Junay and the kids.  But a swap is a swap!

Now we just have to figure out what we are going to do to get us back to our rendezvous with the rest of the gang.  I think they are going to like Michaingo.  Soon we found a tree in which I could climb and Michaingo could take off without dropping me.  Off we went!  The popcorn, which was Michaingo's fur for all you haters out there, smelled delicious.  It wasn't gamey at all.  I couldn't help but swipe a couple of pieces.  So we meet up with the guys.  I turned around to introduce Michaingo to everyone, and he was gone.  They didn't have any out of the ordinary experiences either.

Peyote?

christulsa

Quote from: Carleendiane on August 02, 2017, 08:55:35 PM

Incorrect.  You clearly lack a foundation in anthropology and the culinary arts.  That or your tastebuds have been abused drinking too many of those carbonated beers. 

dymphna17

Quote from: christulsa on August 03, 2017, 12:02:13 AM
Quote from: dymphna17 on August 02, 2017, 09:39:59 PM

Peyote?

Shhhh!  Not just any p___t_, but reservation p___t_.  The kind that makes you hear colors, see thoughts, and smell the future.  No, this was no ordinary p___T_.  That was an awesome ride!  Randall and Michaingo, where ever you may be, you always have an invite here.                                                                       
?

Carleendiane

Quote from: christulsa on August 03, 2017, 12:06:55 AM

Incorrect.  You clearly lack a foundation in anthropology and the culinary arts.  That or your tastebuds have been abused drinking too many of those carbonated beers.

I confess to too many. One too many and I go over the edge. Not a very big person so it does hit hard. But.....the culinary arts are mine. I do more culinary than the white house chef. Just so you know, Chris... now anthropology.l. I do lack higher education, never went to college, just the school of life. Poor stupid woman that I am. Big mama is a big disappointment. Sorry everyone.

Lydia Purpuraria

Quote from: Carleendiane on August 03, 2017, 11:47:26 AM
I confess to too many. One too many and I go over the edge. Not a very big person so it does hit hard. But.....the culinary arts are mine. I do more culinary than the white house chef. Just so you know, Chris... now anthropology.l. I do lack higher education, never went to college, just the school of life. Poor stupid woman that I am. Big mama is a big disappointment. Sorry everyone.

You just cross that false last part out of there, Mama.

Speaking of Leinenkugel's shandys -- I got a little taste for them for a period over the winter (the Cranberry-Ginger Shandy).  Someone gave some to me, and I have to admit, I was not all that thrilled at first because I don't like wine-coolery type drinks and I figured that's what it was.  But it was actually pretty good.  I even bought some more for myself.  But then, I lost my taste for them entirely (I think).  And, well, I guess that's the end of my shandy story.

:cheeseheadbeer:

dymphna17

Quote from: Carleendiane on August 03, 2017, 11:47:26 AM
Quote from: christulsa on August 03, 2017, 12:06:55 AM

You are only a disappointment to yourself, Carleen.  A poor stupid woman, I'm sure!  Apparently you haven't been around stupid people very often.  There is absolutely nothing wrong with not having gone to college.  College teaches people a way to get through life.  You didn't go sit through classes listening to professors drone on about this, that, or the other, which may or may not have anything to do with what you are actually there for (to learn about the actual field you have chosen).  You chose to jump right into life head first.  You have honed your skill in cooking, home schooling, being a wife and mother.  You can't be stupid and raise intelligent, talented, Catholic children.  It doesn't work that way.  So knock it off young lady!  You have much to be proud of.
?

christulsa

I heard she has a PhD in Domestic Engineering with a postdoc Fellowship in Domestic Education. 

But batter deep fried fireflys dont taste like popcorn according to the International Encyclopedia of Food Tastes (volume 2, p.455).  So on that point Carleen is absolutely wrong and Christulsa is absolutely right.

Carleendiane

Quote from: christulsa on August 03, 2017, 03:17:50 PM
I heard she has a PhD in Domestic Engineering with a postdoc Fellowship in Domestic Education. 

But batter deep fried fireflys dont taste like popcorn according to the International Encyclopedia of Food Tastes (volume 2, p.455).  So on that point Carleen is absolutely wrong and Christulsa is absolutely right.

Christulsa, I bow to your excellent research.  You ARE absolutely...... you know......right.

Carleendiane

Open. Just say it!