go to bed

Started by Carleendiane, September 11, 2016, 01:19:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dymphna17

Quote from: MundaCorMeum on July 24, 2017, 06:34:28 PM
Quote from: Carleendiane on July 24, 2017, 06:26:10 PM
OPEN!!!! I think everyone should be in bed by 10, so I don't miss anything. Really.Grand things could be happening and if I got to bed early, well, I won't get to participste. Now, if everyone goes to bed by ten, well, I won't miss anything!

I've been struggling a lot  with sleep deprivation lately, so we are implementing a 9:30 bedtime for the time being.  Well, 8:30 for littles 9:00 for bigs, middles depend on behavior, adults 9:30.   You won't miss anything from me  ;D.  Nothing to miss, anyway.  I'm terribly mundane. 

In other news, my 12 year old made a delicious meal for the family this evening, start to finish, without any help from me (other than giving her recipes).  I'm so proud!  She made one meat loaf, a dozen mini meat loaves (in muffin tins), mashed potatoes, and roasted broccoli with Parmesan.  All homemade.  It was so good! Everyone enjoyed it.  We set a nice table and lit candles in honor.  It was funny....when the littler kids all came in from playing outside, and saw the table, several of them said, "whose feast day is it?!"  Hahaha

Oh, and the baby sprouted a tooth today!  Thus the sleep deprivation.

Kitchen cleanup next, Rosary, visit with husband, bed

Now THAT's a well rounded day!  And Woo Hoo! 12 yo   :cheer:  You're doing something right, Munda, when the little ones understand the grandness that is a feast day.  Sorry, but your application to be mundane has been rejected.  Your little side of the ant hill is teeming with possibility, if nothing else.   :cheeseheadbeer:   8)
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

Carleendiane

Just finished working for the night. Wow what a job. But nearing the end of this portion. 990;% of my part done!  Two coats poly on a few doors more, and one door to do from scratch.
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

dymphna17

Quote from: Carleendiane on July 25, 2017, 05:51:17 PM
Just finished working for the night. Wow what a job. But nearing the end of this portion. 990;% of my part done!  Two coats poly on a few doors more, and one door to do from scratch.

Woo Hoo!!  You are so disciplined. I'll bet they are going to be beautiful.  Are the countertops wood as well?  A good friend of mine was always good at stuff like that.  She would get impatient though and it cost her a pretty penny a couple of times.  She decided to redo their kitchen floor with laminate once and didn't want to wait for her Husband to help.  She moved the refrigerator out easy enough, but scratched the new floor pushing it back.  Easy enough to hide.  When she went to pull the stove out to put the flooring down under it, she really struggled with it.  She finally got it, but about a half hour later the neighbor lady came running over because she smelled gas from the direction of my friend's house.  My friend had pulled the connection or something loose when she pulled the stove out.  Needless to say, she learned how to cultivate her patience a little better after that!  Then there was the time she decided to wallpaper her living room and dining room in time for the first Thanksgiving her parents and a new Priest were coming from out of state.  Yes, I'm sure you have guessed it, the wallpaper wasn't dry enough by the time everyone arrived.  The youngest was walking around fascinated with the new pretty paper on the walls.  By the end of the evening there was about 5 panels on the floor!  Bless her heart though, she didn't let anything stop her.  She can do just about anything now and her house is gorgeous because of her persistence.  You've just got to have enough courage to try and will to not give up.  Right? 

Is everyone ready for bed?  Had a good day?  Rosary said?  Time for night prayers?  Do you say yours separately or rosary and night prayers together?  Just curious.
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

Carleendiane

Usually we say two rosaries separated by several hours. I am not like your friend. Many things I can't do and won't even  try. I'm not that brave nor will I risk wrecking me rails that are expensive. I've been refinishing furniture since 18. I enjoy it, plus it's something I know I can do. So I do. I like sensible but pretty. I love mission style. I used to like victorian, but grew out of that. Used to refinish antiques, now I'm looking for functional. If that happens to be antique or not makes little difference. I have many antique pieces, but that is from our victorian days.  If it pleases my eye, I'm happy. This is a farm house. I hate canned country, but love true farm look. Though I probably go a bit further towards pretty.
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Chestertonian

OPEN!!!! I think everyone should be in bed by 10, so I don't miss anything. Really.Grand things could be happening and if I got to bed early, well, I won't get to participste. Now, if everyone goes to bed by ten, well, I won't miss anything!

I've been struggling a lot  with sleep deprivation lately, so we are implementing a 9:30 bedtime for the time being.  Well, 8:30 for littles 9:00 for bigs, middles depend on behavior, adults 9:30.   You won't miss anything from me  ;D.  Nothing to miss, anyway.  I'm terribly mundane. 

In other news, my 12 year old made a delicious meal for the family this evening, start to finish, without any help from me (other than giving her recipes).  I'm so proud!  She made one meat loaf, a dozen mini meat loaves (in muffin tins), mashed potatoes, and roasted broccoli with Parmesan.  All homemade.  It was so good! Everyone enjoyed it.  We set a nice table and lit candles in honor.  It was funny....when the littler kids all came in from playing outside, and saw the table, several of them said, "whose feast day is it?!"  Hahaha

sounds idyllic.  love how they have both fancy dinners for feast days and regular dinners. 

soundslikeyou have a very orderly system for everything, all the ducks lined up in a row
"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

dymphna17

Quote from: Carleendiane on July 25, 2017, 08:02:08 PM
Usually we say two rosaries separated by several hours. I am not like your friend. Many things I can't do and won't even  try. I'm not that brave nor will I risk wrecking me rails that are expensive. I've been refinishing furniture since 18. I enjoy it, plus it's something I know I can do. So I do. I like sensible but pretty. I love mission style. I used to like victorian, but grew out of that. Used to refinish antiques, now I'm looking for functional. If that happens to be antique or not makes little difference. I have many antique pieces, but that is from our victorian days.  If it pleases my eye, I'm happy. This is a farm house. I hate canned country, but love true farm look. Though I probably go a bit further towards pretty.

What a wonderful hobby, if you don't mind me calling it that.  Did someone teach you or you had classes at school?

[quoteI'm not that brave nor will I risk wrecking me rails that are expensive.][/quote]  What rails?  Chair rails?
?

christulsa

Bringing out a tray of peach margaritas and homemade peach jam with sour dough bread.

PT.  Salmon head soup.  Nap.  Exercises.  Read.  McDonald's. Walk in park.  Rosary on park bench overlooking sky line.

https://images.fineartamerica.com/images/artworkimages/mediumlarge/1/a-night-at-the-park-tulsa-oklahoma-gregory-ballos.jpg

Pleasant dreams.

dymphna17

Quote from: christulsa on July 25, 2017, 09:52:01 PM
Bringing out a tray of peach margaritas and homemade peach jam with sour dough bread.

PT.  Salmon head soup.  Nap.  Exercises.  Read.  McDonald's. Walk in park.  Rosary on park bench overlooking sky line.

https://images.fineartamerica.com/images/artworkimages/mediumlarge/1/a-night-at-the-park-tulsa-oklahoma-gregory-ballos.jpg

Pleasant dreams.

*sigh  Oh Oklahoma, how I miss you!  Thanks Chris.  BTW, what is salmon head soup?  I'm hoping it's some kind of music group and not actually salmon. head. soup. blechh!
?

Bernadette

I'll go for some of that peach jam.  You already know where I stand on salmon. :P
My Lord and my God.

MundaCorMeum

Quote from: Chestertonian on July 25, 2017, 08:55:22 PM

sounds idyllic.  love how they have both fancy dinners for feast days and regular dinners. 

soundslikeyou have a very orderly system for everything, all the ducks lined up in a row

Thank you, I think.  I often wonder if people telling you your life is "idyllic", if that is a complement or a "roll their eyes at you" moment  ;D.  It's not always quite so picture perfect, but we do have our moments.  And, we work really hard to cultivate a strong family culture.   It's more like organized chaos, though....or, something.  And, honestly they are more like squirrels, and they're all at a rage.  No ducks; no rows  ;). But, even squirrels can and should be taught good table manners!  Which seems more easily practiced with glassware instead of paper plates and cups  :P

Carleendiane

Quote from: dymphna17 on July 25, 2017, 09:04:45 PM

What a wonderful hobby, if you don't mind me calling it that.  Did someone teach you or you had classes at school?

[quoteI'm not that brave nor will I risk wrecking me rails that are expensive.]
What rails?  Chair rails?
[/quote]

I had a job that required me learning so I could supervise the handicapped doing the same. If you didn't pay attention, the might sand right off an intricate embellishment! This was at a sheltered workshop at 18.

Carleendiane

[/quote]

Oh, that was meant to say materials, my tablet does some changes on my words. Hate that.

dymphna17

Quote from: christulsa on July 18, 2017, 07:22:54 PM
Bringing out a tray of Mexican beer with lime and salt, and shrimp cilantro tacos.

Today: PT exercises, read, prayed, blogged, visited with sister, made a couple doc appointments, debating Vatican II with Quare (makes good points), wishing Ches would cough up some jewels of wisdom about the human condition.  Last 2 days my face has very substantial improvement, even more than before!  Hope building. Thanks to PT I think. But now have toothache. AMDG.  IF St Padre Pio perchance should heal me by months end (ya never know) we'll meet Dymph and her hubby in Vinita, OK for those steak dinners on us.  But maybe in exchange for a ride in the airplane they're wanting to buy?

I love you too Mama Carleen.

OK Mr. Chris!  We are a go for this Saturday to head your way.  They are to meet the guy at 10:00 AM at the Vinita Municipal Airport.  Right now it doesn't look like it will take them more than an hour to an hour and a half.  Does that sound doable for you?  I know it's short notice and all.  Just let me know when you can.   :cheeseheadbeer: 8)
?

dymphna17

Quote from: Carleendiane on July 26, 2017, 09:09:17 AM

Oh, that was meant to say materials, my tablet does some changes on my words. Hate that.
[/quote]

OK, that makes even more sense!  Got it.   :laugh: :beer:

What a cool job to have had.  Oh the patience you must have!
?

Chestertonian

Quote from: MundaCorMeum on July 26, 2017, 08:46:46 AM
Quote from: Chestertonian on July 25, 2017, 08:55:22 PM

Thank you, I think.  I often wonder if people telling you your life is "idyllic", if that is a complement or a "roll their eyes at you" moment  ;D.  It's not always quite so picture perfect, but we do have our moments.  And, we work really hard to cultivate a strong family culture.   It's more like organized chaos, though....or, something.  And, honestly they are more like squirrels, and they're all at a rage.  No ducks; no rows  ;). But, even squirrels can and should be taught good table manners!  Which seems more easily practiced with glassware instead of paper plates and cups  :P
it was a vomplimene My son eats alone a lot which makes me sad sometimes he has his brother

I tell myself there are people who are afraid to go to the movies by themselves or dine alone in a restaurant and I tell myself he will probably not be one of those people
"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"