go to bed

Started by Carleendiane, September 11, 2016, 01:19:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dymphna17

Quote from: Greg on July 21, 2017, 03:38:50 PM
Does anyone remember the very early days of the internet there was a Trad Catholic proto-blogger (fairly well know at the time) who got badly smashed up in a plane crash.  I think he was flying a Cesna.  Anyone remember his name?

I don't know but I have a guy that might.  I'll send an e-mail and get back to you.  :)
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

Carleendiane

Really, we are open, come on in and mix a tall one. You name it, it's here. Remember....coasters. please and take shoes off at the door. Just got us some new rgs. I'd hate to find dog poop on one of the new rugs.
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Carleendiane

Your stupid mama was so excited about her refinished doors for  kitchen cabinets last nite as choir was citing in. First stupid thing...I grabbed a door and knocked a beer over getting beer all over the place. Daughter came in right after we cleaned that mess up...again,  excited, still stupid, I grabbed a door and knocked over the polyurethane? It landed on one girls shoes and splashed all over my finished, beautiful drawers. Got that cleaned up and promised not to show anything to anybody as the cone in. I felt like such a bad dog  last nite.
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Carleendiane

Good night everyone. Tomorrow will be another day of getting it done. We have a lot done now. By the time counter is finished, so will the rest of the kitchen. yahoo!

christulsa

Quote from: Carleendiane on July 21, 2017, 10:39:50 PM
Good night everyone. Tomorrow will be another day of getting it done. We have a lot done now. By the time counter is finished, so will the rest of the kitchen. yahoo! :worthless: :seeya:

Unmotivated day home alone, but tomorrow action packed day with the wife.

Good night.

Carleendiane

Open! Oh so open.... now. We can have drinks and go from there. Worked so hard today and I am sore, very sore my therapy has been quite challenging, but it is helping me do more around the home. Getting stronge?. Between refinishing the kitchen cabinets (stripping paint off and then putting on stain and polyurethane)  I've been spending hours   pulling weeds. How bout chu? It was hot and humid here. Mata?

Carleendiane

G-nite. Zzzzzzzz

Carleendiane

Go to bed is open. Come tell me a story. A real life story.

Carleendiane

Ok. No stories. I'm alright with that. Anyone experience the snow storm they were predicting? Well, gonna turn in. Getting late,mom seeing doubble. That's my tell. If I ignore it, it gets worse and I just keep falling asleep, so really, why fight it?

G-night all. Won't even try listing names. Never manage to get everyone I want to, anyway.

dymphna17

Quote from: Carleendiane on July 23, 2017, 08:31:48 PM
Go to bed is open. Come tell me a story. A real life story.

Went to a wedding yesterday where the groom, one of the sweetest kids I've ever known, married a girl I've only met a couple of times.  There were maybe 100 people at the reception.  Everything was impeccable and beautiful despite the meager setting.  Of course your mind goes racing back to your own wedding day.  How much of it do you remember?  The whirlwind of excitement, the intense "get ready" time, the nuptials and Mass, the reception, whoosh!  All gone in the blink of an eye.  Morning prayers begging God to help you get through it all, pearls of wisdom from Dad/Mom, the sermon whoosh!  Also gone in the blink of an eye.

As an outsider looking into the dramatic tornado that is a wedding I found myself praying, "Dear God, help them make it!  They are so young and have so many mistakes to make, give them the grace to stay with You always, and to look to You for their strength, loyalty, and love, so they can raise their family always in Your sight."  But I do remember that tornado.  *sigh
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

dymphna17

Quote from: Carleendiane on July 23, 2017, 09:22:09 PM
Ok. No stories. I'm alright with that. Anyone experience the snow storm they were predicting? Well, gonna turn in. Getting late,mom seeing doubble. That's my tell. If I ignore it, it gets worse and I just keep falling asleep, so really, why fight it?

G-night all. Won't even try listing names. Never manage to get everyone I want to, anyway.

:grouphug: :seeya: :grouphug:
?

Carleendiane

dymphna17

?

Carleendiane

OPEN!!!! I think everyone should be in bed by 10, so I don't miss anything. Really.Grand things could be happening and if I got to bed early, well, I won't get to participste. Now, if everyone goes to bed by ten, well, I won't miss anything!

MundaCorMeum

Quote from: Carleendiane on July 24, 2017, 06:26:10 PM
OPEN!!!! I think everyone should be in bed by 10, so I don't miss anything. Really.Grand things could be happening and if I got to bed early, well, I won't get to participste. Now, if everyone goes to bed by ten, well, I won't miss anything!

I've been struggling a lot  with sleep deprivation lately, so we are implementing a 9:30 bedtime for the time being.  Well, 8:30 for littles 9:00 for bigs, middles depend on behavior, adults 9:30.   You won't miss anything from me  ;D.  Nothing to miss, anyway.  I'm terribly mundane. 

In other news, my 12 year old made a delicious meal for the family this evening, start to finish, without any help from me (other than giving her recipes).  I'm so proud!  She made one meat loaf, a dozen mini meat loaves (in muffin tins), mashed potatoes, and roasted broccoli with Parmesan.  All homemade.  It was so good! Everyone enjoyed it.  We set a nice table and lit candles in honor.  It was funny....when the littler kids all came in from playing outside, and saw the table, several of them said, "whose feast day is it?!"  Hahaha

Oh, and the baby sprouted a tooth today!  Thus the sleep deprivation.

Kitchen cleanup next, Rosary, visit with husband, bed