go to bed

Started by Carleendiane, September 11, 2016, 01:19:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carleendiane

Quote from: christulsa on July 18, 2017, 08:11:04 PM
Quote from: Carleendiane on July 18, 2017, 07:51:29 PM
If you meet up with Dymph, I will be happy for you  Chris!

And you FACE! getting better, is a wild happy piece of news. Thanks for sharing that little nugget of great news. Could be therapy, could be time to be over. The therapy is good regardless.

I'll take the tacos and salted beer.Sounds great! Had some grapefruit Shandy tonight. Really tasted grest.. He, my living at home son, made grilled pork loin,  salad from garden and garden beets. Greek bread grilled withmprovolone. Great dinner.

Whats grapefruit Shandy?  You're able to grow salad greens in the summer heat?  I did manage to grow some swiss chard.  Your son at home gettin any closer to proposing to that girl of his?

Chris, I think he is. They are still seeing each other. If it's not working.....at their age....they would just stop instead of wasting time. Really. Too old to be messing around. He has never taken up with a gal just to have a gal. To date someone means you want to find out if they make a suitable match. Seems they do.  ;)   
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Non Nobis

Mama Carleen, you are easy to love.

Chris, I have really been getting a lot out of your posts.  You make a lot of sense and speak so clearly - and you are fun and charitable.  I enjoy your snacks too!  Creative and delicious.

Today I went for a walk AGAIN, but this time it was longer and UPHILL and DOWNHILL and UPHILL again... Over hill and dale. I was pooped. Next time I should start an hour later and bring water, to beat the heat (though it wasn't that bad). (I have been walking consistently but not that far)

I've been saying a novena with the Chaplet of the Holy Face for Trump (joining a group of relatives/Republican/Catholic folks).  I'm now adding to my intentions all SD people with pain in the face or head (or anywhere).

Good night, to anyone who is going to bed late. Otherwise, good morning!
[Matthew 8:26]  And Jesus saith to them: Why are you fearful, O ye of little faith? Then rising up he commanded the winds, and the sea, and there came a great calm.

[Job  38:1-5]  Then the Lord answered Job out of a whirlwind, and said: [2] Who is this that wrappeth up sentences in unskillful words? [3] Gird up thy loins like a man: I will ask thee, and answer thou me. [4] Where wast thou when I laid up the foundations of the earth? tell me if thou hast understanding. [5] Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?

Jesus, Mary, I love Thee! Save souls!

Carleendiane

Ok. Line up, Mata, Chris, Martin, Ches, Heinrich,  Non, Munda, Per E., Pheo, Kaese, Christe, Dymphna, Lynne, Lydia,  Birdie, Christiha, Obriej, Angel , Gardener, Greg, Pon, RSC ...all you resistors and all willing participants,, just line up.

:grouphug: :hide: :grouphug: hugs for who wants them and a scaredy cat hug for the resistors. Good nite to friend and foe!  Everyone needs a hug from  mama whether you want one or not.  There now, didn't hurt a bit, did it? We should do that more often, huh?
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Carleendiane

Quote from: Non Nobis on July 18, 2017, 10:15:54 PM
Mama Carleen, you are easy to love.

Chris, I have really been getting a lot out of your posts.  You make a lot of sense and speak so clearly - and you are fun and charitable.  I enjoy your snacks too!  Creative and delicious.

Today I went for a walk AGAIN, but this time it was longer and UPHILL and DOWNHILL and UPHILL again... Over hill and dale. I was pooped. Next time I should start an hour later and bring water, to beat the heat (though it wasn't that bad). (I have been walking consistently but not that far)

I've been saying a novena with the Chaplet of the Holy Face for Trump (joining a group of relatives/Republican/Catholic folks).  I'm now adding to my intentions all SD people with pain in the face or head (or anywhere).

Good night, to anyone who is going to bed late. Otherwise, good morning!

:grouphug:  :grouphug: NON!   :grouphug: :grouphug:

christulsa

Quote from: Chestertonian on July 18, 2017, 08:41:46 PM
at skilled nursing facility where I do the day program I go to for therapy.  Not sure how long i will be here but too anxious to fall asleep right now.  Was hard for my wife to bringg me here but glad to have this place when caring for me at home is to much

stayed there last night and today my son came to visit.  Have to have a lot of adult conversations but because I also want to see my kids, cant have those adult conversations with kids around so it is all on google hangout, not an ideal way to conduct marital bussiness

chris how is PT going what kind of exercises do you do for your face?  gladyou think it is helping

Wish I had pearls of wisdom to give, I am not so confident in my own way of dealing with this right now. 

love reading the story about the homeless guy,madmehappy

The therapist does cranial manipulation some days, which is based on osteopathic manipulation, where I lie on my back and she sits at the head of the table subtly shifting my facial bones back and forth.  It relaxes the muscles and relieves pain, but also helps reset the normal muscle tone.  Some muscles are tight, others have poor tone feeling like sand.  Gradually the muscles fall back into their normal tension and tone.  Other days we do posture exercises, which I also do several times a day at home, since facial muscles are affected by neck and back muscles, which are affected by problems with posture.

My face feels a lot better since starting PT 3 weeks ago.  Less pain overall, far less bad pain days, less tightness.  Started feeling more normal muscle tone maybe 10 days ago, and even more so in last few days.  Hoping everything starts to fade away soon.

You liked the story about St. Benedict John?  Me too.  He seemed to be dealing with some sort of mental illness.  My first thought was I hope those monasteries that turned him away understood his instability enough to try and send him back home to his parents.  Not sure the Church would encourage wandering, homeless monks ??  But the guy just wanted to give his whole life to God.  Makes me think of all the homeless people.  I'm sure there are some insane homeless people out there who are also saintly.  At least we have a roof over our heads and air conditioning.  I cant imagine their suffering.

christulsa

Bringing out a tray of halved cantalopes filled with vanilla ice cream.

Chestertonian

pain shooting up my legs waiting for medication
"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

christulsa

Quote from: Chestertonian on July 19, 2017, 09:04:52 PM
pain shooting up my legs waiting for medication

Bringing out a gigantic joint of medical marijuana for Ches, the size Bob Marley use to smoke. Hope that won't offend anyone.  Applying the principle of double effect.  ;)  I hear ya brother.  7/10 sharp nerve toothache pain tonight for me, even after tooth ointment and ibuprofen.  Started last week.  Seeing dentist in morning.  AMDG.  :pray1:   You know someone in the world needs to explain more deeply what pain is beyond the definition "noxious stimuli" they taught us in school.  Noxious??  Well ok thats just getting nauseous.  Pain seems to me like a defect in our biology God put there as a form of suffering.  Pain is a signal to the brain that there is injury or disease that needs attention.  That's what it is.  But why doesn't the darn thing turn off once it alerts the brain?  Facial muscles tell the brain "Help, I'm tight."  The brain says "Ok Im on it.  I'll send signals to start relaxing the muscle.  No need to constantly tell me.  Just check in with me once in a while if the muscle is still tight."  But instead the stinking muscle sends a constant "noxious stimuli" to the brain that interferes with your ability to think or function, when all that was the matter was the muscle was "tight."  ugh lol. Know what I mean?  And what's the deal with nerve pain it has to hurt so much?  I get that at first a damaged nerve is going to keep sending pain signals since there's pain neurons that get damaged, but nature could've designed pain neurons to shut down at some point.  And is depression an actual form of pain??  I'm dealing with it due to my pain and depression hurts my brain and skull.  Feels like a soggy wet towel wrapped around my cortex suffocating it.  AMDG.  Anyways, good night Ches, Carleen, Dymph, Bernie, Perevangel, etc.

Carleendiane

Go to bed is now ppen. We can all puff on the medical Mary Jane Chris brought last night. It was big enough to share with all. I have some lemonade we can all drink and Doritos for after the medicine. Sound great, huh?

christulsa

Quote from: Carleendiane on July 20, 2017, 06:31:02 PM
Go to bed is now ppen. We can all puff on the medical Mary Jane Chris brought last night. It was big enough to share with all. I have some lemonade we can all drink and Doritos for after the medicine. Sound great, huh?

Oooohhh yeeeaaahh!  I like it.  Ches, pass it over here.  I need to puff the magic dragon.  Moderate facial pain spike since this afternoon.  This is going to make us hungry.  Good we got munchies thanks to our sanguine Mama.  Will it make us "happy" or "joyful"?  Dunno.  Bottom line, whatever makes the pain less. 

MundaCorMeum

Quote from: christulsa on July 20, 2017, 07:07:41 PM
Quote from: Carleendiane on July 20, 2017, 06:31:02 PM

Oooohhh yeeeaaahh!  I like it.  Ches, pass it over here.  I need to puff the magic dragon.  Moderate facial pain spike since this afternoon.  This is going to make us hungry.  Good we got munchies thanks to our sanguine Mama.  Will it make us "happy" or "joyful"?  Dunno.  Bottom line, whatever makes the pain less.

The melancholics around here are not gonna be happy about this.....just saying  ;)

Carleendiane

Chris....not being a melancholic, I say pass it over. Ok. Just joking. How about some hemp oil? Does that make people hungry?

dymphna17

Quote from: christulsa on July 18, 2017, 07:22:54 PM
Bringing out a tray of Mexican beer with lime and salt, and shrimp cilantro tacos.

Today: PT exercises, read, prayed, blogged, visited with sister, made a couple doc appointments, debating Vatican II with Quare (makes good points), wishing Ches would cough up some jewels of wisdom about the human condition.  Last 2 days my face has very substantial improvement, even more than before!  Hope building. Thanks to PT I think. But now have toothache. AMDG.  IF St Padre Pio perchance should heal me by months end (ya never know) we'll meet Dymph and her hubby in Vinita, OK for those steak dinners on us.  But maybe in exchange for a ride in the airplane they're wanting to buy?

I love you too Mama Carleen.

Our Lord has ways of reminding us to hit our knees, eh, Chris?  I do hope and pray things are better for you.  Part of this head banging I've got going on has your name written all over it.

As for Vinita, I won't know for sure until at least the weekend is over.  The guy in Vinita is stalling for some reason.  The guy who is looking to buy it can't sit still very long when he has money in his pocket.  The last time we were waiting one out, he drove out to North Carolina, bought one, and trailered it back, all over a weekend.  Anyway, I will sure let you know as soon as I know something for sure.  As for going for a ride, as soon as you all get up to St Marys, let me know and we get you a ride in an enclosed airplane.  The man we hangar the Weedhopper in, is owned by just the nicest man you'll ever want to meet.  Sorry, Heinrich and Ches, you all come in a close 2nd and 3rd (I'll let you all settle that between you  ;) ) but the man who owns the hangar and runway comes in first.  He lives to take people up in his plane.  He'd do it all day if you let him.  Anyway, Chris, not to bum you out or anything, but the plane we are hopefully coming down to look at is a 2 seater version of this:

The main variation, besides the 2 seats, is that the motor and propeller  would be behind you.  Hey I found a picture of one.  This is what it would look like:

Here's a video of Hubby flying the Weedhopper.  It kind of gives you an idea of what it's like.  And yes, I'm bragging.  My Husband can do pretty much anything he puts his mind to, and I think it's pretty cool for him to have chosen this to be one of those things.  He likes to fly low and do fly-by's for little kids, but the Weedhopper, like the Quick Silver will go over 10,000 ft.  You'd have to carry oxygen with you if you plan on going that high.  Anyway, Here is one of Hubby's videos;

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vt2f07SRY50[/yt]

Neither one of the guys have flown a 2 seater yet, especially one they haven't gone through and at least changed all the bolts on.  There's no way they would bring someone else up in it until they have flown it a few times and made all the necessary corrections.  If that changes your mind about meeting up I understand.  But I sure would like to have that steak with you.  Not on you, but with you.  lol  I'll let you know as soon as I do.  :)
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

Carleendiane

On my way, chillins. Mom has work to do tomorrow. G-nite all!

Greg

Does anyone remember the very early days of the internet there was a Trad Catholic proto-blogger (fairly well know at the time) who got badly smashed up in a plane crash.  I think he was flying a Cesna.  Anyone remember his name?
Contentment is knowing that you're right. Happiness is knowing that someone else is wrong.