go to bed

Started by Carleendiane, September 11, 2016, 01:19:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carleendiane

Quote from: Bernadette on July 15, 2017, 07:49:00 PM
Guess I'll open up tonight. Cocoa's already finished, but I'm still not sleepy. :( How was everyone's day?

Oh thank you, Bird. Yes, we are open. Come fill mama in. And Bird, maybe a second cup will do the trick. Hate to see you face a sleepless night! Not sleeping at all, sure gives an appreciation how l-o-n-g the night really is! So. Will say a prayer that you sleep tonight.  :pray3:
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

christulsa

Quote from: Bernadette on July 15, 2017, 07:58:28 PM
Do you find that purgatory book coming into your mind as you ride in your hot car, Chris?  :P

Actually yes.  I was thinking about that the other day in the car, how hot it is in purgatory, so I was able to offer it up.  :pray1: :)

Carleendiane

YES, Chris, hot car= pugatory. Offering up and enduring may be cause for sainthood! Really, I would melt on my way to church. Even at church we get minimal airconditioning.

Did not see my friend Kevin tiday. Hope he is ok. Had another man who usually panhandles outside our church, in the parking lot. Before Mass I was setting up for potluck. This poor man comes in  hot and almost drooling.  But, instead of asking for money.....he asked for food. So I had the pleasure of feeding a hungry panhandler. Made him up a plate and told him to come back after Mass and all the dishes that were baking  would be ready. He actually attended Mass then came down for more food. Makes me happy to feed a hungry man or woman. When they ask for money, I get flustered because this particular man is usually high and money just contributes to this.  He is usually dirty and carrying a Styrofoam container of food. Today he had no food with him. And I firmly believed he was hungry. So I enjoyed feeding him. God bless him.
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Matamoros

God bless you, Miss Carleen!

:pray2: for Kevin and the hungry man

Carleendiane

Quote from: Matamoros on July 16, 2017, 07:49:45 PM
God bless you, Miss Carleen!

:pray2: for Kevin and the hungry man

Why thank you Mata! By the way...I referred to you as a man in a different post and someone else thought you were a woman. I feel silly asking, but please, be so kind as to clariffy?

Kaesekopf

Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Matamoros

Quote from: Carleendiane on July 16, 2017, 09:34:57 PM
Why thank you Mata! By the way...I referred to you as a man in a different post and someone else thought you were a woman. I feel silly asking, but please, be so kind as to clariffy?

This is a joke, right?   :skeptical:

Carleendiane

Quote from: Matamoros on July 16, 2017, 09:58:37 PM
Quote from: Carleendiane on July 16, 2017, 09:34:57 PM

This is a joke, right?   :skeptical:

Unfortunately, no. But I just noticed St Joseph Workbench under your name, so it just tells me I was right all along. Yes. And no. To me you never reminded me of a woman. Don't know where our fellow poster got that idea. Oh, and this was not discussed in Go to bed. May have been a pm. Please, laugh. I am squirming Mata.

Carleendiane

Mata??? Oo... Mata???? Oo....

Unless you reply Mata, and put my fear that I have lost you to gender nonsense, I'll just say :seeya: :seeya:  it's been nice. And things were going so well.  :-\

Matamoros

Quote from: Carleendiane on July 16, 2017, 10:12:37 PM

Unless you reply Mata, and put my fear that I have lost you to gender nonsense, I'll just say :seeya: :seeya:  it's been nice. And things were going so well.  :-\

Wait... what?

Quote from: Kaesekopf on July 16, 2017, 09:44:16 PM
wee woo wee woo

What are you guys smoking in here tonight?

Kaesekopf

Quote from: Matamoros on July 16, 2017, 11:23:53 PM
wee woo wee woo

the good stuff m8

where u been
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Matamoros

It's late, and I can't make heads or tails of this thread. I think I'd better go to bed... and trust that all will be set right in the clear light of day.

If we shadows have offended,
Think but this and all is mended,
That you have but slumber'd here
While these visions did appear.
And this weak and idle theme,
No more yielding but a dream,
Gentles, do not reprehend:
If you pardon, we will mend.
And, as I am an honest Puck,
If we have unearnéd luck
Now to 'scape the serpent's tongue,
We will make amends ere long;
Else the Puck a liar call:
So, good night unto you all.
Give me your hands, if we be friends,
And Robin shall restore amends.

Lydia Purpuraria

Quote from: Matamoros on July 16, 2017, 11:23:53 PM
Quote from: Carleendiane on July 16, 2017, 10:12:37 PM

Wait... what?

wee woo wee woo

:lol:

Carleendiane

Ok, definitely open now. Was out picking weeds until dark. No Kaese, not that kind of weed.  I may be a woman of the 70's but not that kind of woman now! Just an ordinary big mama. I am your most ordinary of the ordinaries. As a matter of fact I actually bore myself. But I'd rather be bored than having an exciting life, but living a life without light. A bad life is lived in the dark. Yup, give me a nice old fashioned, predictable, rocking chair kind of life any day over the other option.

Bernadette

Quote from: christulsa on July 15, 2017, 10:15:50 PM
Quote from: Bernadette on July 15, 2017, 07:58:28 PM
Do you find that purgatory book coming into your mind as you ride in your hot car, Chris?  :P

Actually yes.  I was thinking about that the other day in the car, how hot it is in purgatory, so I was able to offer it up.  :pray1: :)

Good man. St. Teresa's nuns once traveled in the summer to make a foundation, and were able to profit by the heat in their covered wagons by meditating on hell.
My Lord and my God.