go to bed

Started by Carleendiane, September 11, 2016, 01:19:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Non Nobis

Quote from: Bernadette on July 04, 2017, 06:40:03 PM
Oh, I hate posting from a phone. I don't know how people do it.  :-\

I don't even have a smart phone.  Maybe the virtual keyboard on my Kindle is bigger, but I have never used it to post and don't think I could stand it.  I do have a blue tooth keyboard, and have used it for notes for myself, but not yet for posting.  I use my Kindle for surfing but if I want to post, it is always the laptop.
[Matthew 8:26]  And Jesus saith to them: Why are you fearful, O ye of little faith? Then rising up he commanded the winds, and the sea, and there came a great calm.

[Job  38:1-5]  Then the Lord answered Job out of a whirlwind, and said: [2] Who is this that wrappeth up sentences in unskillful words? [3] Gird up thy loins like a man: I will ask thee, and answer thou me. [4] Where wast thou when I laid up the foundations of the earth? tell me if thou hast understanding. [5] Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?

Jesus, Mary, I love Thee! Save souls!

Bernadette

I don't have a phone, either, but I've posted from my aunt's phone. Not fun. I definitely prefer a regular keyboard.
My Lord and my God.

christulsa

Bringing out a tray of chilled mango green tea and mango bars (like lemon bars but with mango)

Went to PT.  Took car back to shop.  Walked home.  Rested.  Did PT exercises.  Discussions with Gerard, Pon, Quare.  Walked back to car shop.  Chinese buffet.  Picked up wife from her friend's house.  Grocery store.

The good:  noticed MAJOR improvement in my face + very low pain day, finally have A.C. in car.

The bad: A.C. doesnt blow too cold when driving slow or stopping.  May need major repair $$$

The ugly: the ghost in the machine that possessed Carleene's tablet, curtailing her daily apostolate on SD. Its weird.

One day closer to paradise.  Pleasant dreams.

Non Nobis

Quote from: christulsa on July 05, 2017, 07:32:07 PM
Bringing out a tray of chilled mango green tea and mango bars (like lemon bars but with mango)

I've been gaining a lot of virtual weight on your goodies, Chris.  And loving it.

The good:  noticed MAJOR improvement in my face + very low pain day, finally have A.C. in car.

That is really good news!

The bad: A.C. doesnt blow too cold when driving slow or stopping.  May need major repair $$$

Just don't drive slow or stop.  You'll get where you're going faster!

====

Good night, all!
[Matthew 8:26]  And Jesus saith to them: Why are you fearful, O ye of little faith? Then rising up he commanded the winds, and the sea, and there came a great calm.

[Job  38:1-5]  Then the Lord answered Job out of a whirlwind, and said: [2] Who is this that wrappeth up sentences in unskillful words? [3] Gird up thy loins like a man: I will ask thee, and answer thou me. [4] Where wast thou when I laid up the foundations of the earth? tell me if thou hast understanding. [5] Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?

Jesus, Mary, I love Thee! Save souls!

Carleendiane

Busy day.Gotta say rosary. Good nite my favs. You know who you are!
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Carleendiane

Went to PT.  Took car back to shop.  Walked home.  Rested.  Did PT exercises.  Discussions with Gerard, Pon, Quare.  Walked back to car shop.  Chinese buffet.  Picked up wife from her friend's house.  Grocery store.

The ugly: the ghost in the machine that possessed Carleene's tablet, curtailing her daily apostolate on SD. Its weird.

One day closer to paradise.  Pleasant dreams.

Chris, you are too funny. The ghost, my apostolate....wow! But, it's true about curtailing my activities on SD. Why oh why, why only on this site? Works doing Google or email. Just doesn't make sense! I've been banished by an unseen force!

Any way, my 8 month pregnant daughter is here and we are really having fun!!!! So I lose something and I gain something! Had a wonderful rosary tonight, can't always say that. Please keep my brother in prayers. He is distraught and suffering. His wife disturbed him horribly right after he woke from surgery. Talked tonight and he is unglued. Wife has a boyfriend.  She won't be any help to him. So sad.
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

dymphna17

Quote from: christulsa on July 04, 2017, 08:39:33 PM
Quote from: Carleendiane on July 04, 2017, 06:37:50 PM
Hi bird. I can only respond on my phone. My tablet won't let me use the alphabet. It's hard on phone. I aill be a woman of few words until tablet acts right. I can use the keyboard on other sites, but not here. I'm stumped.

Me 2.  Since laptop crashed in April.  I swipe my thumb across the letters. Faster, but darn text corrections.

Sitting in one of those new fold out camping chairs with the wife near riverside Tulsa.  Fireworks in 30 mins.  Cooler with drinks.  Cheeseburger w/o the bun.  Guy flying drone. Pondeing the ethics of drone warfare.

Today:

The good: right now, America

The bad: weird TMJ-related ear fullness

The ugly: Americanism

Happy 4th!  Good night Carleene, Ches, Dymph, Mata, Martin, et al

Fireworks at Riverside was always an experience when I was a kid.  One of the first times we went, I think I was about 10, and my Dad was home from work for the first time in months and wanted to take us girls to Riverside.  This included my youngest sister who was almost 3 yo.  Dad was thinking ahead and parked in such a way that we could be one of the first ones out and not have to wait in endless lines of traffic.  This meant we had farther to walk to get to the festivities, but the benefit outweighed difficulties in his mind.  Now, picture 3 little girls aged 3, 6, and 10, alone with their Dad for the first time in years, trekking through what seemed like a million people to find a place to set up our chairs and a little bitty cooler that had Dad's beer in it.  It had to be a spot that we could see what was going on.  Finally we find the perfect spot and got all set up and ready for the show.  Youngest sister was even being particularly good.  About 5 minutes before the start of the show, the inevitable happened.  Middle sister had to go potty.  She refused to use the port o potty so we had to pack everything up and leave just as the show was starting.  Dad was fuming.  He tried again a couple of years later but that time, my youngest sister had to go after we got all situated.  After that, we only went if we had someone with us that could drive whichever girl in need of a bathroom, home, then back to the show.   :lol:

Hope you all had a great holiday!   :patriot:
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

Carleendiane

Loved your story.

MundaCorMeum

Quote from: Carleendiane on July 05, 2017, 08:01:03 PM

I guess the rest of us just get bad nights?   :-[  ;)

MundaCorMeum

Quote from: dymphna17 on July 06, 2017, 12:39:53 AM
Quote from: christulsa on July 04, 2017, 08:39:33 PM
Quote from: Carleendiane on July 04, 2017, 06:37:50 PM
Hi bird. I can only respond on my phone. My tablet won't let me use the alphabet. It's hard on phone. I aill be a woman of few words until tablet acts right. I can use the keyboard on other sites, but not here. I'm stumped.

Me 2.  Since laptop crashed in April.  I swipe my thumb across the letters. Faster, but darn text corrections.

Sitting in one of those new fold out camping chairs with the wife near riverside Tulsa.  Fireworks in 30 mins.  Cooler with drinks.  Cheeseburger w/o the bun.  Guy flying drone. Pondeing the ethics of drone warfare.

Today:

The good: right now, America

The bad: weird TMJ-related ear fullness

The ugly: Americanism

Happy 4th!  Good night Carleene, Ches, Dymph, Mata, Martin, et al

Fireworks at Riverside was always an experience when I was a kid.  One of the first times we went, I think I was about 10, and my Dad was home from work for the first time in months and wanted to take us girls to Riverside.  This included my youngest sister who was almost 3 yo.  Dad was thinking ahead and parked in such a way that we could be one of the first ones out and not have to wait in endless lines of traffic.  This meant we had farther to walk to get to the festivities, but the benefit outweighed difficulties in his mind.  Now, picture 3 little girls aged 3, 6, and 10, alone with their Dad for the first time in years, trekking through what seemed like a million people to find a place to set up our chairs and a little bitty cooler that had Dad's beer in it.  It had to be a spot that we could see what was going on.  Finally we find the perfect spot and got all set up and ready for the show.  Youngest sister was even being particularly good.  About 5 minutes before the start of the show, the inevitable happened.  Middle sister had to go potty.  She refused to use the port o potty so we had to pack everything up and leave just as the show was starting.  Dad was fuming.  He tried again a couple of years later but that time, my youngest sister had to go after we got all situated.  After that, we only went if we had someone with us that could drive whichever girl in need of a bathroom, home, then back to the show.   :lol:

Hope you all had a great holiday!   :patriot:

Classic  :laugh:

Carleendiane

Carleendiane

Quote from: MundaCorMeum on July 06, 2017, 07:48:25 AM

Munda, Non, Lynne, Chris, Martin, Ches, Mata, Dymphna, Christina, Lydia,Jayne...miss you and hope all is well! Really enjoying visit with daughter. Frustrated about tablet and the skids on posting and on my job tucking in and greeting upon waking. Really, I am on the outside looking in.

christulsa

Quote from: Carleendiane on July 06, 2017, 07:38:49 PM
Quote from: MundaCorMeum on July 06, 2017, 07:48:25 AM

Munda, Non, Lynne, Chris, Martin, Ches, Mata, Dymphna, Christina, Lydia,Jayne...miss you and hope all is well! Really enjoying visit with daughter. Frustrated about tablet and the skids on posting and on my job tucking in and greeting upon waking. Really, I am on the outside looking in.

Bringing out a tray of Camamilla tea and avocado wrapped in deli turkey slices. 

Carleene, I've mastered using a smartphone for SD, so it CAN be done.   :)

Great story Dymph.  There's now a play area for kids on the west side of the river across the 21st street bridge with games and food before the show.  We sat near there.  Yes its tricky parking to avoid a long walk and/or getting stuck in traffic--like we did Tues night for an hour and a half going home (just 3 miles away).  :o

Today:

The good:  face still major improvement which started yesterday.  Picked first tomato from garden. 

The bad:  yesterday's A.C. repair wasn't enough.

The ugly:  getting $1000 A.C. repair tomorrow

Carleendiane

Carleendiane

Miss you all. The bus has felt so empty lately. You guys get off or something? I mean really, just having a rough patch here. Don't abandon us. The struggle bus is still going In The same direction, still the same destination......please remember, it's destined for the pearly gates. There were quite a few travelers not so long ago. I thought this was a mission bus, we could struggle together. Kind of a joint effort. Not to worry, well get you there. This is just a front end alignment. We don't want to go off course. We don't want to veer off course because of a bump in the road! Please, I don't want t to arrive alone, I want to party with my peeps when we arrive. Non, Munda, Chris, Martin, Lynne, Dymphna, Bird, Ches, Jayne Mata, Christina Pheo, Lydia, Kaese, .....it's about struggling together to the finish.

Had some great swordfish tonight. See you tomorrow.