go to bed

Started by Carleendiane, September 11, 2016, 01:19:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dymphna17

Quote from: christulsa on June 26, 2017, 10:47:23 PM
Quote from: Carleendiane on June 26, 2017, 09:04:14 PM
Quote from: christulsa on June 26, 2017, 07:31:59 PM
Quote from: Carleendiane on June 26, 2017, 06:56:30 PM
Well go to bed is open. Come on  in. Mama is a bit bored. Fill me in on your day! Hope it was a good productive day for you. Mine was just ok. Cleaned up after husband cut into a wall to get a look at chimney. What a mess! Had to remove all the dishes and everything because of the dust mess. Pulled it back together by about 7. Now, your turn.

Bringing out a tray of ice cold 8 ounce Coke bottles and a homemade margarita pizza.

"Cleaned up after husband"?  Yup sounds familiar in my household. Mea culpa.  Second PT session showing very good progress.  Chinese buffet.  Groceries.  Still no A.C. in car.  AMDG.  Wish Ches would reply more on his thread.  I'm lying in bed staring at ceiling pondering the human condition.  Now a slice of pizza and bubble bath.  May the angels tuck you in, the Holy Ghost put you right to sleep, and Our Lady fill your night only with pleasant dreams.

EXPLAIN: Margarita pizza. 8oz. margaritas make sense, But....Margarita pizza is what? Lime chunks, rock salt, and what else, Chris? Need to know this. I may not sleep not knowing this.

And Chris, I too wish Ches, our dear friend, will respond to his thread. I'm afraid I may have upset him by grimer wormtongue. I hope not. Just trying to tell him like I see the things he ssys. I surely do not want to hurt anyone's feelings while making a point. Well it probably isn't the first time, but I'd like it to be the last.

Actually, Im getting very upset at Ches starting his nihilistic threads and not responding to people.  I probably offended him saying he's a victim soul.  Pisses me off.  The Stephen Hawking of Suscipe Domine huh?  Give me a break.  Hawking cant even move a muscle and he teaches in a university and is upbeat.  Next time Ches starts one of his rants we should just ignore him.  No margherita pizza for Ches. Oh wait I forgot, Ches cant eat.

(PS This is just a ROAST because, even though he sometimes doesn't respond, for some odd reason I love Ches.  Click "Say Thanks" if you love Ches too)

I'm so glad you put the PS into your post.  I was going to lay into you like nobodies business.  So thank you for that.  Ches is such a talented, intelligent, and manly man trying very hard to figure out how to use this life to gain eternal happiness in the next.  He is not our mascot (I'm not saying that you have said this Chris, but I have heard others talk as if he is), all in all he is like the rest of us, trying to be holy, save his soul, and save the souls of his family.  In order to do that, considering like you, Chris, I think most of us love Ches and get frustrated with his questions.  However, they are worth exploring or their wouldn't be Church teachings that we laymen can understand. 

He's asking the same questions I would if I were young and staring death in the face.  In the Ignatian Spiritual Exercises, they teach you how to mentally place yourself in those positions so as to understand and work on whatever you need to, to please God.  I apologize if I'm putting words into your mouth, Ches.  This is just how I've understood your questions.  And Chris, please don't think I'm ragging on you, because that is not my intention at all.  You just seem to bring up topics I like and ones that are provocative to me.   :)
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

christulsa

Quote from: dymphna17 on June 27, 2017, 12:37:58 AM
Well go to bed is open. Come on  in. Mama is a bit bored. Fill me in on your day! Hope it was a good productive day for you. Mine was just ok. Cleaned up after husband cut into a wall to get a look at chimney. What a mess! Had to remove all the dishes and everything because of the dust mess. Pulled it back together by about 7. Now, your turn.

Bringing out a tray of ice cold 8 ounce Coke bottles and a homemade margarita pizza.

"Cleaned up after husband"?  Yup sounds familiar in my household. Mea culpa.  Second PT session showing very good progress.  Chinese buffet.  Groceries.  Still no A.C. in car.  AMDG.  Wish Ches would reply more on his thread.  I'm lying in bed staring at ceiling pondering the human condition.  Now a slice of pizza and bubble bath.  May the angels tuck you in, the Holy Ghost put you right to sleep, and Our Lady fill your night only with pleasant dreams.

EXPLAIN: Margarita pizza. 8oz. margaritas make sense, But....Margarita pizza is what? Lime chunks, rock salt, and what else, Chris? Need to know this. I may not sleep not knowing this.

And Chris, I too wish Ches, our dear friend, will respond to his thread. I'm afraid I may have upset him by grimer wormtongue. I hope not. Just trying to tell him like I see the things he ssys. I surely do not want to hurt anyone's feelings while making a point. Well it probably isn't the first time, but I'd like it to be the last.

Actually, Im getting very upset at Ches starting his nihilistic threads and not responding to people.  I probably offended him saying he's a victim soul.  Pisses me off.  The Stephen Hawking of Suscipe Domine huh?  Give me a break.  Hawking cant even move a muscle and he teaches in a university and is upbeat.  Next time Ches starts one of his rants we should just ignore him.  No margherita pizza for Ches. Oh wait I forgot, Ches cant eat.

(PS This is just a ROAST because, even though he sometimes doesn't respond, for some odd reason I love Ches.  Click "Say Thanks" if you love Ches too)

I'm so glad you put the PS into your post.  I was going to lay into you like nobodies business.  So thank you for that.  Ches is such a talented, intelligent, and manly man trying very hard to figure out how to use this life to gain eternal happiness in the next.  He is not our mascot (I'm not saying that you have said this Chris, but I have heard others talk as if he is), all in all he is like the rest of us, trying to be holy, save his soul, and save the souls of his family.  In order to do that, considering like you, Chris, I think most of us love Ches and get frustrated with his questions.  However, they are worth exploring or their wouldn't be Church teachings that we laymen can understand. 

He's asking the same questions I would if I were young and staring death in the face.  In the Ignatian Spiritual Exercises, they teach you how to mentally place yourself in those positions so as to understand and work on whatever you need to, to please God.  I apologize if I'm putting words into your mouth, Ches.  This is just how I've understood your questions.  And Chris, please don't think I'm ragging on you, because that is not my intention at all.  You just seem to bring up topics I like and ones that are provocative to me.   :)

Apologies.  I meant no disrespect to Ches.  I actually respect Ches very much.  I assumed people who know me, including Ches, would tell that I was joking giving him a hard time when he doesn't respond on his threads, before seeing my note it was a roast at the end.  I edited it and put that note at the top.

dymphna17

Quote from: christulsa on June 27, 2017, 09:31:41 AM

Apologies.  I meant no disrespect to Ches.  I actually respect Ches very much.  I assumed people who know me, including Ches, would tell that I was joking giving him a hard time when he doesn't respond on his threads, before seeing my note it was a roast at the end.  I edited it and put that note at the top.

No, Chris, it is I that owes you an apology.  I had no right to jump into your conversation like that.  It had nothing to do with me and if I saw disrespect, that was my problem, unless Ches said something about being offended.  I am truly sorry and ask for both yours and Ches's forgiveness.  I really need to practice MYOB better.   :-[
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

Carleendiane

Chris, I too was taken in and somewhat confused. What was said is not the Chris I know and like very much....then I saw your postScript. Now that's the Chris I know!! You are a good sport and are always kind, that's why I should have KNOWN you were just razzing Ches
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Carleendiane

My dear Dymph, I love the way you go into defense mode if it seems the people on here that you love are being speared. I want you on my side Dymph, with me, not against me!
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

christulsa

Quote from: Carleendiane on June 27, 2017, 10:10:08 AM
Chris, I too was taken in and somewhat confused. What was said is not the Chris I know and like very much....then I saw your postScript. Now that's the Chris I know!! You are a good sport and are always kind, that's why I should have KNOWN you were just razzing Ches

Roasting myself:

Carleene.  How on Earth could you not have instantly known I was joshing Ches? After all this time.  I mean come on.  I am highly offended and wonder how much I am really welcome here on SD.  After all my trays of goodies. I am very sensitive about this and its affecting my whole day.

:P ;D :cheeseheadbeer:

christulsa

Quote from: dymphna17 on June 27, 2017, 09:46:49 AM
Quote from: christulsa on June 27, 2017, 09:31:41 AM

No, Chris, it is I that owes you an apology.  I had no right to jump into your conversation like that.  It had nothing to do with me and if I saw disrespect, that was my problem, unless Ches said something about being offended.  I am truly sorry and ask for both yours and Ches's forgiveness.  I really need to practice MYOB better.   :-[

No worries.  It was me who made an ass out of myself.  Just trying to poke at Ches for not responding sometimes on his threads.

Carleendiane

Quote from: christulsa on June 27, 2017, 12:48:19 PM

Roasting myself:

Carleene.  How on Earth could you not have instantly known I was joshing Ches? After all this time.  I mean come on.  I am highly offended and wonder how much I am really welcome here on SD.  After all my trays of goodies. I am very sensitive about this and its affecting my whole day.

Oh my little snowflake.....you are in a safe place here. Why don't you truly speak your mind. You are in the right place. No hate here. No using people for their platters of delight...oysters *ugh*....you just stay here. Stay safe until you work out your true feelings about me, Ches, and Dymph, and maybe even Mata....maybe everyone on SD. Just color for a bit...Dymphna!!!!GET THIS DAN BABY SOME CRAYONS!!!! There now, just lay your little pain in the assignment face down and rest until she gets back with some crayons.

Carleendiane

Quote from: Jayne on June 27, 2017, 11:50:49 AM
I did not get a chance to post this morning, but did have a few minutes to spend reading the forum.  It reminded me how much I dislike "roast" humour.  Somehow, hurtful comments are supposed to magically become funny if somebody calls it a roast.  For some reason, the magic never works on me. 

It reminds me of "The Emperor's New Clothes".  Just like nobody wanted to point out that the Emperor was naked, people don't want to point out that the "roast" comments weren't funny.  Because one then risks being accused of lacking a sense of humour.

I think that being kind is more important than being funny.  If that means there is something wrong with my sense of humour, I can live with that.

Jayne, I know Chris quite well so I trust his post was just what he said it was. But, at the risk of embarrassing him I will take the time to say a few words about it. Sorry, Chris. Gotta do this.

About roasting. It seems to be a cover for negative thoughts you've really had but would never say out loud, due to backlash you would certainly get, outside of the roast. When we wrap these thoughts in humor, they are somehow acceptable. Unwrap these things said, and they are mean and hurtful and most times, things about the target that have been bugging you but you did not have the courage to say. Yes, we could certainly do without this type of "humor".

Chris did not mean to open a can of worms. He truly loves Ches and would do all in his power to help him. I know this and could vouch for it because of conversations we've had privately. Chris is a very good man. I realize you never said he wasnt, Jayne, just pointing it out. As anyone can relate to, I've unfortunately used poor choices, regretful and hurtful words and if I could unsay them I would. I've humiliated myself more times than I could count, but I am pleased you took this opportunity to remind everyone....not all humor is innocent and sometimes truly hurts the object being "roasted".

christulsa

Quote from: Carleendiane on June 27, 2017, 03:45:35 PM
Quote from: christulsa on June 27, 2017, 12:48:19 PM

Roasting myself:

Oh my little snowflake.....you are in a safe place here. Why don't you truly speak your mind. You are in the right place. No hate here. No using people for their platters of delight...oysters *ugh*....you just stay here. Stay safe until you work out your true feelings about me, Ches, and Dymph, and maybe even Mata....maybe everyone on SD. Just color for a bit...Dymphna!!!!GET THIS DAN BABY SOME CRAYONS!!!! There now, just lay your little pain in the assignment face down and rest until she gets back with some crayons.

Id try and respond with another attempt at well-meant humor, but I risk making an ass again out of myself.   :) Sorry Ches if my post came across weird or offensive. It was late and I was in a lot of pain at that moment.   

If there is anything to be read into it, it is just that I noticed he sometimes doesn't respond on his own threads and I wish he would.  Something I tried to light-heartedly mention in my first post last night in gotobed, followed by an assanine attempt to give Ches some "ribbing" after Carleene responded about it.I. I had/have absolutely no negative feelings towards Ches , and if I did I would never use a roast to vent those feelings. 

Matamoros

Roast me anytime, Chris. I can take it!  :D

Matamoros

This kind of humor is a tricky thing though. As Jayne says, it can be a mask for truly malicious remarks. And even when well meant, it can still strike someone in a vulnerable moment and do serious damage. On the other hand, it can also be a mark of the deepest friendship. Precisely because there is a lot of truth in those jabs, when our friends laugh at us, with us, what they are really saying is that they see our faults, see them clearly, but love us all the same.

christulsa

Quote from: Matamoros on June 27, 2017, 05:06:23 PM

Said with ironic, benevolent humor:

Maybe in due time.  I dont know you well enough yet Mata, but I am picking up on things about you that may be roast-worthy. But I did find it extremely rude and inconsiderate that you wouldn't try one of the Rocky Mountain oysters I made after all that hard work "harvesting" and cooking them.    >:(

Matamoros

Quote from: christulsa on June 27, 2017, 05:16:54 PM
Quote from: Matamoros on June 27, 2017, 05:06:23 PM

Said with ironic, benevolent humor:

Maybe in due time.  I dont know you well enough yet Mata, but I am picking up on things about you that may be roast-worthyBut I did find it extremely rude and inconsiderate that you wouldn't try one of the Rocky Mountain oysters I made after all that hard work "harvesting" and cooking them.   >:(Of

Well, we're off to a good start! Looking forward to it, Chris!  :D

Chestertonian

Just coming in to say I'm not offended  :cheeseheadbeer:
"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"