go to bed

Started by Carleendiane, September 11, 2016, 01:19:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matamoros

Be sure to stay hydrated, Non Nobis. That's the key. I don't know where you are, but here in the desert dehydration can creep up on you very quickly. We learn to be careful.

Non Nobis

Quote from: dymphna17 on June 16, 2017, 07:27:38 PM
I think we missed Mama's point... um... something like 200 PAGES!!!!!!  CONGRATULATIONS ON HAVING A HAPPY THREAD THAT HAS MADE IT TO 200!!!   COME ON BOYS!!!  WOO HOO IT UP!!   :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :thumbsup: :patriot: :whistling: 

But I remember just putting the first post on the 100th page celebration!

Time flies when you're having fun  :) :D :) :cheeseheadbeer: :cheeseheadbeer: :cheeseheadbeer:  (But you said it better, Dymphna and Bernadette!)
[Matthew 8:26]  And Jesus saith to them: Why are you fearful, O ye of little faith? Then rising up he commanded the winds, and the sea, and there came a great calm.

[Job  38:1-5]  Then the Lord answered Job out of a whirlwind, and said: [2] Who is this that wrappeth up sentences in unskillful words? [3] Gird up thy loins like a man: I will ask thee, and answer thou me. [4] Where wast thou when I laid up the foundations of the earth? tell me if thou hast understanding. [5] Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?

Jesus, Mary, I love Thee! Save souls!

Non Nobis

Quote from: Matamoros on June 16, 2017, 08:30:34 PM
Be sure to stay hydrated, Non Nobis. That's the key. I don't know where you are, but here in the desert dehydration can creep up on you very quickly. We learn to be careful.

Not desert, but pretty close.

:cheeseheadbeer: But I suppose I have to stick with water.
[Matthew 8:26]  And Jesus saith to them: Why are you fearful, O ye of little faith? Then rising up he commanded the winds, and the sea, and there came a great calm.

[Job  38:1-5]  Then the Lord answered Job out of a whirlwind, and said: [2] Who is this that wrappeth up sentences in unskillful words? [3] Gird up thy loins like a man: I will ask thee, and answer thou me. [4] Where wast thou when I laid up the foundations of the earth? tell me if thou hast understanding. [5] Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?

Jesus, Mary, I love Thee! Save souls!

christulsa

Quote from: Matamoros on June 16, 2017, 07:33:30 PM
Quote from: christulsa on June 16, 2017, 06:23:11 PM

I would Mata!!!  So no A.C. in the car?

Oh, I have air-conditioning! God forbid! That was just the temperature my car's thermometer showed when I went to start it, after having left it parked in the shade of a tree.

QuoteMine went out last summer. $1000 to replace.  But neighbor is sure its just a leak he can fix.  Will find out tomorrow.

That's rough! I hope your neighbor is right and you get it sorted out soon.

Yes prayers.   :pray1:   last summer I made a redneck A.C. for the car with an ice cooler and a fan.  A desperate experiment that proved to be an urban myth, despite all the YouTube videos to the contrary.  God willing my neighbor can actually fix the A.C. tomorrow, otherwise I may need to avoid driving from 11am til 7pm until at least August. Lol   Unless I want to walk around in very sweaty clothes and risk a heat stroke.

We just got back from our shady, evening walk and refreshed ourselves with mint flavored water from the fridge.  Mental note buy lemons to make lemon water.

Carleendiane

Quote from: Matamoros on June 16, 2017, 06:11:29 PM
Another hot day here. My car said it was 114 degrees, parked in the shade.

Would anyone like some ice cold watermelon?

Love some!Sounds wonderful!  O JOY! Going to bed. Falling asleep! Carry on! Lock up, please.
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Matamoros

Quote from: christulsa on June 16, 2017, 08:38:02 PM

Yes prayers.   :pray1:   last summer I made a redneck A.C. for the car with an ice cooler and a fan.  A desperate experiment that proved to be an urban myth, despite all the YouTube videos to the contrary.

I love it! Too bad it didn't work.

QuoteGod willing my neighbor can actually fix the A.C. tomorrow, otherwise I may need to avoid driving from 11am til 7pm until at least August. Lol   Unless I want to walk around in very sweaty clothes and risk a heat stroke.

Take care of yourself in this heat, Chris. Prayers for your AC.  :pray2:

Chestertonian

Quote from: MundaCorMeum on June 15, 2017, 05:19:07 AM
Thank you, Carleen and dymph!  Your made my heart lighter, and gave me just want I needed to start today with joy and the resignation to do the day well; rather than my usual feelings of being defeated and "I'm such a failure, why even bother trying again....I won't succeed"
nowuoire y sounding like a melancholic
"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

Carleendiane

Quote from: Matamoros on June 16, 2017, 08:30:34 PM

Yes, stay hydrated, Non. Don't want to find your clothes in a pile and no Non!
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Carleendiane

Quit crying. You do not have to go to bed, just because the thread is open! Really, let's just chat. You know, a few drinks, and to loosen the tongue! Just remember....no gossip, no foul language.

Bernadette

I'm waiting for my slice of after-dinner pie to defrost. Then reading and bed, since I have to be up early tomorrow.
My Lord and my God.

Carleendiane

Quote from: Bernadette on June 17, 2017, 05:38:15 PM
I'm waiting for my slice of after-dinner pie to defrost. Then reading and bed, since I have to be up early tomorrow.

Pie????? I love pie, what kind Bird? And whatcha reading now?

Bernadette

Quote from: Carleendiane on June 17, 2017, 05:42:39 PM

Coconut cream. And All Creatures Great and Small
My Lord and my God.

Matamoros

Just finishing up the preparations for Father's Day tomorrow. We're having a barbecue.

Carleendiane

Quote from: Bernadette on June 17, 2017, 05:48:26 PM
Quote from: Carleendiane on June 17, 2017, 05:42:39 PM

Coconut cream. And All Creatures Great and Small

No pie then, But All Creatures Great and Small was a favorite family show. We looked forward to each episode.

Carleendiane

Going to sleep. So lock up,  Do dishes, maybe, if you have the energy, sweep the foor. Ok. Ok. I'll get it in the morning. Good nite all.