go to bed

Started by Carleendiane, September 11, 2016, 01:19:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carleendiane

Open!!!! Now if I just put a few brewskis out maybe make some decaf, or a few snacks you will come keep mama company.
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

christulsa

Quote from: Carleendiane on June 14, 2017, 06:47:14 PM
Open!!!! Now if I just put a few brewskis out maybe make some decaf, or a few snacks you will come keep mama company.

I'll take a beer, what kind you got, and share some seasonal grilled teriyaki June bug shishkabobs.  :hide: 

Doc visit today.  Very low pain day.  Feels step forward Long nap.  $5 little Caesars pizza.  Kicking back with Peanut my Dauchshund reading about St. Athanasius.

How was your day Big Mama, Ches, Dymph, Mata, Non, and other Gotobed regulars?

Carleendiane

Choir just left with a few hanging back yakking with hubby and son. Son is the choir director.They always stay for a meal and a few drinks. Laugh and talk music. They congregate in the den of iniquity. A very close group. Mostly thirties, a few teenagers and a couple oldsters. I love that they come here.

Anyways.....I may be the only person I know that is not fond of pizza. But then, I don't eat pasta or potatoes either. But I love ice cream. Eating some right now, as a matter of fact. Chris, or you always have to eat dinner alone during the week? So happy you had a good day. I say everyone should have at least one good day a week. Right?

June bug shishkabobs? My favorite. I eat bugs. Everyday. Hate the really crunchy ones, don't you? Raining right now. Won't have to water in the morning. Yahoo! It was a good day for me. Mass tomorrow nite. The pastor, Fr. Timothy Nelson will be saying Mass. He says that his church has become a holier place since the Latin Mass came.
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

MundaCorMeum

I had a busy, productive day.  Hit the ground running, and haven't stopped since!  Started with coffee and morning prayers.  Then, spot mopped kitchen/dining, finished up quarter testing with big kids, read books with little kids, cleaned kids bathroom sink area, cooked a Mexican-style casserole to bring to friend's house for a lunch/play date, orthodontist appointment with big three (little ones stayed at friend's house), came home, cleaned out vehicle while kids played outside, straightened up inside a touch, read bedtime stories, tucked littles in bed (three year old was so cute.....we made shadow puppets on the wall), washed dishes, packed to go to my Mom's tomorrow (just me and baby....Mom had hip replacement surgery recently, so we are going for the weekend while the other kids stay with my mil), night prayers with big kids, and now....relaxing!  Big kids are hanging out and playing board games.  I kissed them goodnight and told them not to stay up too late.  I earned my glass of wine today!  I haven't been that productive in one day in a long time  :P. It felt good, but I.am.beat. 

Carleendiane

Munda, that was a busy day in my book. You are such a good mama, teacher, transportation authority,  and now you get your wine. Yes, I agree, you've earned it. Running, cleaning, visiting, reading, testing, accompanying, cooking, all in one day. I would give you a prize. Glad your day was a good one. How satisfying.

MundaCorMeum

Well, don't be too quick to give me a prize....I lost my temper somewhere between "kids bathroom sink" and "Mexican-style casserole".  :-[. It's heavy on my heart, despite all the rest of the goodness today.  When will I learn?!  My children really deserve better than me.

Carleendiane

Quote from: MundaCorMeum on June 14, 2017, 09:30:06 PM
Well, don't be too quick to give me a prize....I lost my temper somewhere between "kids bathroom sink" and "Mexican-style casserole".  :-[. It's heavy on my heart, despite all the rest of the goodness today.  When will I learn?!  My children really deserve better than me.

Munda, I truly believe I did not have a single day in which I didn't screw up in one way or another. My children also deserved better than what I gave them. I didn't know there could be days without regrets. Those were my parenting days. And you know what? I am no longer parenting, but it is still that way for me. Not a day goes by that I don't have something I did, didn't do, said or didn't say, creating regrets. I still am not able to have a "perfect" day. But each day I get up and try again, just as you do, asking for God's help.Today Lord, help me be a better person.

Chestertonian

Quote from: christulsa on June 14, 2017, 07:25:54 PM

I'll take a beer, what kind you got, and share some seasonal grilled teriyaki June bug shishkabobs.  :hide: 

Doc visit today.  Very low pain day.  Feels step forward Long nap.  $5 little Caesars pizza.  Kicking back with Peanut my Dauchshund reading about St. Athanasius.

gladyou had a low painday

ihad more energy today than yesterday.  yesterday i went to my sons 504 meeting at his school which went pretty well but it used up allmy energy for the day and bythe time we got home I was so tired I slept through the walk from the car to our apartment and slept rhrough the transfer to my bed

then went to my day program today.  Didn't bite anyone this time.  had PT, talked to a friend, nap, group therapy with counselor, another nap, and OT i the multisensory room which alwys relaxes me although it's also super weird too.  kind of meditative almost
"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

dymphna17

Quote from: MundaCorMeum on June 14, 2017, 09:30:06 PM

Too late!  The prize for being the busiest Mama who has earned her wine... is you!!!   :P   :cheeseheadbeer:
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

christulsa

Quote from: Chestertonian on June 14, 2017, 09:58:38 PM
Quote from: christulsa on June 14, 2017, 07:25:54 PM

gladyou had a low painday

ihad more energy today than yesterday.  yesterday i went to my sons 504 meeting at his school which went pretty well but it used up allmy energy for the day and bythe time we got home I was so tired I slept through the walk from the car to our apartment and slept rhrough the transfer to my bed

then went to my day program today.  Didn't bite anyone this time.  had PT, talked to a friend, nap, group therapy with counselor, another nap, and OT i the multisensory room which alwys relaxes me although it's also super weird too.  kind of meditative almost

Thx. It was a day of relief.

Slept a lot after being tired.  Me too.  I lie down lately afternoons for a little snooze and wake up a couple hours later.  Probably the meds.

Good no bites today. Lol. What is it like talking with the device you use over your vocal cords.  Can you have a pretty good conversation with it?  They should have different voices you can choose from, not just the robotic voice, programmed to mimic what you would normally sound like?  Or cool voices like a celebrity or funny ones for your kids.

Multisensory room.  Curious.  Weird but meditative.  I might like that.  :)   

Carleendiane

The pic and prize was sweet, dymph. I'm sure Munday will like seeing that tomorrow morning!

Chris, I think you're on to something big. Pick a voice. Porky pig.... or....Darth Vader. I like it.

dymphna17

Here's yours Ches.  Your, "I made it through the day" trophy and a sweet little mug of "beer".

For Chris, only the sky is the limit for you, Brother

/even I would like this bouquet!

And for you, Miss Carleen, for being the busiest caring person I know of:

This just spoke to me for some reason

A trophy and some medals, with a cute young man to give them to you.   ;)

We've got some weird thunder and lightening going on here.  Thanks Heinrich!  lol
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

christulsa

Quote from: Carleendiane on June 14, 2017, 10:33:04 PM
The pic and prize was sweet, dymph. I'm sure Munday will like seeing that tomorrow morning!

Chris, I think you're on to something big. Pick a voice. Porky pig.... or....Darth Vader. I like it.

Lol. I actually thought of Darth Vader too and Daffy Duck.  That or how about Mr. T when you need to sound aggressive.  :)  might work with some of the nurses.

Would be cool if there's a way to design the voice to sound as original as possible.  Just keep tweaking it

Carleendiane

Go to bed. OK .  Gone. See y'all in Good Morning. Sweet dreams. Only good ones, tonight.

dymphna17

Quote from: Carleendiane on June 14, 2017, 10:52:46 PM
Go to bed. OK .  Gone. See y'all in Good Morning. Sweet dreams. Only good ones, tonight.

But I LIKE my dreams of decapitation.   >:(
?