go to bed

Started by Carleendiane, September 11, 2016, 01:19:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carleendiane

Open. Yes, you may come in and pour yourself a stiff one, a coffee, lemonade, soft drink, wine....it's all here. Whatever suits your palate. And please, if I'm in bed, before you leave, at least wash your own cup. Chris may bring some of that pizza he's stuffing himself with to help disassociate from his pain.
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Carleendiane

PHEO! PHEO! I made your drink for you. The least you could do is come get it. Really. Some people. And he looks so holy and sweet in his pic. Some people.
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Pheo

Ha, well the only thing St Matthew and I seem to have in common is the name.  I'm working on it though.

An iced coffee would be great about now.  It has to be better than Toronto's tap water.  And even more so when it's tap water out of this hotel room's bathroom sink of, at most, questionable cleanliness.
Son, when thou comest to the service of God, stand in justice and in fear, and prepare thy soul for temptation.

christulsa

Bringing out a tray of iced coffee and chocolate covered pretzels for a gotobed snack (making up for last night's snaffoo) 😊

Carleendiane

Quote from: Pheo on June 07, 2017, 07:26:19 PM
Ha, well the only thing St Matthew and I seem to have in common is the name.  I'm working on it though.

An iced coffee would be great about now.  It has to be better than Toronto's tap water.  And even more so when it's tap water out of this hotel room's bathroom sink of, at most, questionable cleanliness.

Oh my....you came.....well I guess......I was wrong about you, Pheo. And you are thirsty as all get out. Sit down any where you please. Akavit refuses to build us a coffee table, did you know that? Just sayin.....So 2 shots expresso, one shot amaretto. Let's see....ice? Of course ice! Silly ninny. Oh, not you, Pheo! Nope nothing silly bout you. No siree. Look at you lookin so noble. So humble. There now. How's that? We good?

Carleendiane

Quote from: christulsa on June 07, 2017, 07:37:16 PM
Bringing out a tray of iced coffee and chocolate covered pretzels for a gotobed snack (making up for last night's snaffoo) 😊

Oh, Chris, how very kind of you!  Too bad Mata isn't with us tonight! Oh, he may still come sweeping in.....but this time I'm gonna have to tell him to tie his &*#% wild stallion outside! Maybe Pheo would enjoy some pretzels.

Matamoros

Iced coffee and chocolate-covered pretzels would be most welcome. Thank you!

Oh, and don't worry about my steed. I left him outside eating the flowers.

Carleendiane

Open. Tired. Had a great day...baby toddlers little boys= big mess, but it can wait until tomorrow. Right? I mean, daughter cleans up, picks up, but still.......when 3 of her 6 kids are crying and ready to sleep in car on the way home, I just tell her go, we'll finish. Just found out she is on number 7. Due date to be announced. 3 daughters expecting at the same time.

Lynne

In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

christulsa

Bringing out a tray of ice cold peach vodkas and Belgian chocolates to celebrate Carleene finding out she has another grandchild on the way.  Plus 5 mg of melatonin for anyone who wants one.

Non Nobis

[Matthew 8:26]  And Jesus saith to them: Why are you fearful, O ye of little faith? Then rising up he commanded the winds, and the sea, and there came a great calm.

[Job  38:1-5]  Then the Lord answered Job out of a whirlwind, and said: [2] Who is this that wrappeth up sentences in unskillful words? [3] Gird up thy loins like a man: I will ask thee, and answer thou me. [4] Where wast thou when I laid up the foundations of the earth? tell me if thou hast understanding. [5] Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?

Jesus, Mary, I love Thee! Save souls!

Carleendiane

GO TO BED NOW OPEN!!!!! Tell mama! Mammy listens to your predicaments and trials. Aches and pains. Including heartaches and humiliations. Just walk in. The couch is there for you to stretch out on.

Carleendiane

So.....gonna try to sleep by 10. Took my benydryl. Really tired, can't risk NOT sleeping. I know, it's probably abuse, but I need the sleep. Between that and the muscle relaxant for the pulled muscle from therapy, I should be in la-la land by 10...doncha think?

So my 36 yr. old 5'8 son is still dating his 6ft. 2 girlfriend. May be a keeper. Lookin good! She is the choir director who joined his choir and converted to Catholicism last Oct. Well before they began dating. She works with the women. He works with the men. Funny thing. We have 3, plus my son, choir directors in our choir. Two just volunteer Their time.

Carleendiane

Quote from: Non Nobis on June 08, 2017, 10:05:19 PM
Quote from: Lynne on June 08, 2017, 07:32:23 PM
Quote from: Carleendiane on June 08, 2017, 07:07:51 PM
3 daughters expecting at the same time.

Wow!  :baby2:

That makes triplets for grandma!

Forgot to clarify.....they are not DUE at the same time. One in the summer, two in early winter. 

Carleendiane

CHRIS, MATA, it seems someone forgot to do dishes, and lock up last night. Oh, don't feel too bad. Dymphna, my friend,  stopped in and caught Non Nobis cleanin up after you guys. Non was good enough to not tattle. But really.....please be more aware of these issues. Anyone could come in, drink too much, and die of alcohol poisoning. Dymphna, my friend, refuses to pick up dead bodies....not even dead animals. Therefore, in the past I have had to do this. My freezer has no more room. Geesh! Even compacting is no longer helpful.