go to bed

Started by Carleendiane, September 11, 2016, 01:19:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dymphna17

Quote from: Carleendiane on May 18, 2017, 08:39:02 PM
Oh munda, I'm just too slow, I'd never make it in time, but thank you for the invite!

Just say the word and I'll fly you there in no time!  Do you want to go?  Hmmm?  Come on if you wanna go to munda's patio soiree!
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

Carleendiane

Quote from: dymphna17 on May 18, 2017, 08:47:25 PM
Quote from: Carleendiane on May 18, 2017, 08:39:02 PM
Oh munda, I'm just too slow, I'd never make it in time, but thank you for the invite!

Just say the word and I'll fly you there in no time!  Do you want to go?  Hmmm?  Come on if you wanna go to munda's patio soiree!

The word. Just jokin. Don't get the plane out for me. Besides to winy, Dymph, you know that. How's that head of yours?
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

dymphna17

Quote from: Carleendiane on May 18, 2017, 08:46:32 PM
Quote from: dymphna17 on May 18, 2017, 08:37:20 PM
Entertainment you want, then entertainment you shall have:

Goodness Dymphna, that would keep me up and awake! Do you keep watch, or just go to bed!? Are you brave or are you a worry wart. We have plenty of high winds and tornado sightings, but not very many actual touchdowns, so we usually just go about our business. Sometimes when it is real dramatic, I can get scared. Actually, not often, but sometimes I am scared! How about you Dymph?

Since my first love of this kind of weather started when I was little, I have no problem bringing a lawn chair out.  However, I have had to go clean places up after a tornado has gone through, places like Greensburg or Chapman.  Yes, I keep watch.  I use that time to reorganize our supplies and kick any old ones out.  I've had jobs, like at the prison, if the sirens sound, everybody had to go to the basement.  Everybody.  A couple of the girls and I found the old safe that they used for records and money.  So, that was where you would find us.

But getting just plain ole scared?  No, I don't remember ever being scared because we have trained every year since, well, ever for these things.  Being prepared takes about 95% of the fear away.  So 5% of me is afraid of one of those monsters coming through here like it did in Greensburg or like the one in Joplin, MO last year.  That was a whopper!  Anyway, that's about it.  I especially don't like them when I have a migraine.  I'm not on top of things like I should be.  I just can't focus and lay down on the job.   :-[   :wag:  It just got really quiet.  THAT freaks me out.  They say it gets really quiet and then BOOM!  You hear a freight train coming at you and then you're dead.  Lights are back on thank you God and for all your prayers.

Did I just read that I'm too whiny to fly you over to Munda's?  I know I haven't been around for a bit, but have you changed that much?   :eek:
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

Carleendiane

Ah...I see.... no I meant windy, too windy, you silly girl! You're not whiney. Not at all!
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

dymphna17

Quote from: Carleendiane on May 18, 2017, 09:25:34 PM
Ah...I see.... no I meant windy, too windy, you silly girl! You're not whiney. Not at all!

Yeah, I'd much rather be windy than whiney.  I could irritate people in a whole new way!   ;)  :P
?

Carleendiane

Nitey-nite, Dymph. gotta turn in. Get a jump on my bedhead!

Non Nobis

Good night, Ladies!

Sleep well.
[Matthew 8:26]  And Jesus saith to them: Why are you fearful, O ye of little faith? Then rising up he commanded the winds, and the sea, and there came a great calm.

[Job  38:1-5]  Then the Lord answered Job out of a whirlwind, and said: [2] Who is this that wrappeth up sentences in unskillful words? [3] Gird up thy loins like a man: I will ask thee, and answer thou me. [4] Where wast thou when I laid up the foundations of the earth? tell me if thou hast understanding. [5] Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?

Jesus, Mary, I love Thee! Save souls!

dymphna17

Quote from: Carleendiane on May 18, 2017, 10:06:42 PM
Nitey-nite, Dymph. gotta turn in. Get a jump on my bedhead!

Goodnight my dear friend.  And to Non and all my friends, I wish you all a good night.
?

Carleendiane

Today is done for the most part. How did you do? Did you do one thing right today? I have nothing to report. No falls. No great penances. Nothing to see here. How about the rest of you? Got anything to report?

Non Nobis

Quote from: Carleendiane on May 19, 2017, 06:00:05 PM
Today is done for the most part. How did you do? Did you do one thing right today? I have nothing to report. No falls. No great penances. Nothing to see here. How about the rest of you? Got anything to report?

I didn't fall either, when changing 2 overhead florescent bulbs in my bathrooms.  It is a little tricky, because I don't have terribly good balance.  It may have to do with breaking my back & neck 10 years ago; I tend to waver just a bit when I walk.  I fall maybe a couple times a year - it used to be zero. I do bump into things a lot! I'm sure you have it worse Carleeen.  I think I will have a handyman replace ceiling light panels and bulbs in my kitchen; I shattered a panel the last time I tried.

Now, once again,

[Matthew 8:26]  And Jesus saith to them: Why are you fearful, O ye of little faith? Then rising up he commanded the winds, and the sea, and there came a great calm.

[Job  38:1-5]  Then the Lord answered Job out of a whirlwind, and said: [2] Who is this that wrappeth up sentences in unskillful words? [3] Gird up thy loins like a man: I will ask thee, and answer thou me. [4] Where wast thou when I laid up the foundations of the earth? tell me if thou hast understanding. [5] Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?

Carleendiane

Quote from: Non Nobis on May 19, 2017, 06:37:46 PM
Quote from: Carleendiane on May 19, 2017, 06:00:05 PM

I didn't fall either, when changing 2 overhead florescent bulbs in my bathrooms.  It is a little tricky, because I don't have terribly good balance.  It may have to do with breaking my back & neck 10 years ago; I tend to waver just a bit when I walk.  I think I will have a handyman replace ceiling light panels and bulbs in my kitchen; I shattered a panel the last time I tried.

Now, once again,

Non, I am happy you did not fall. Really. As we get on in years, our falls beget worse injuries than when we were young and strong. I never saw myself at this age. It's like going backwards now. I feel a bit like a tipsy toddler. As a matter of fact, there are times I actually appear to be toddling, instead of walking.... especially on uneven ground. My walking path is very uneven ground, but that is good for me. I need to be able to traverse uneven ground without tripping. So, I choose my path instead of my treadmill. Plus, the sun and fresh air is good for me, and you, Non. So, I see you are still walking. Is that daily? Look at you, all motivated! So happy for you. Your diet and exercise plan is probably working wonders for you. Good for you. You're gonna be a new woman! Soon you'll be tackling those chores you've been meaning to get to!

Carleendiane

Hey!!!!!! Guys, Dolls! Must gather the chillins, and put them to bed. Hang on, we have to pick out a book. Everyone needs a story before bedtime. And someone has to read it, right? So, I guess thats me... big mama will read to you! Now, get going. Pick it out. Please, no business journals. That's just boring.

Carleendiane

Carleendiane

G-nite, Miriam, cgraye, parresia, dominus.

Non Nobis

Quote from: Carleendiane on May 19, 2017, 11:14:14 PM
G-nite, Miriam, cgraye, parresia, dominus.

Big Mama, why are you still up?  Did you just get up to get a glass of water?  Back to bed.

It's past my bedtime too.  G-nite.