go to bed

Started by Carleendiane, September 11, 2016, 01:19:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MundaCorMeum

I feel justified in popping in to say good night before my afternoon siesta....I'm indulging in a full-fledged, get-in-my-pj's nap....not just a piddly cat nap to perk me up for the afternoon.  I'm going all in  ;).   nighty-night 

Carleendiane

Quote from: MundaCorMeum on May 17, 2017, 01:07:08 PM
I feel justified in popping in to say good night before my afternoon siesta....I'm indulging in a full-fledged, get-in-my-pj's nap....not just a piddly cat nap to perk me up for the afternoon.  I'm going all in  ;).   nighty-night

Nite nite dear Munda. This is justified! Sweet dreams.
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

dymphna17

I'm not justified, but can I come in anyway?

pppppllllllllleeeeeeeeaaaaaaasssssseeeeee

?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

Bernadette

Carleen, you're so encouraging. I've been going through as hard time lately, and your recent posts were just what I need. Thanks so much.
My Lord and my God.

MundaCorMeum

Quote from: dymphna17 on May 17, 2017, 02:51:39 PM
I'm not justified, but can I come in anyway?

pppppllllllllleeeeeeeeaaaaaaasssssseeeeee

C'mon!  Turns out the baby had other plans, anyway, so I wasn't justified, either  ;). She LOVES the hammock we have outside.  It's her favorite place.  She didn't want to sleep, but she was content to just relax and swing in there, so atleast I got some down time.

Chestertonian

both boys went to sleep before 8pm.. my mom is here to do the night shift but my wife and I might go for a stroll just the two of us
"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

Carleendiane

Quote from: Chestertonian on May 17, 2017, 06:04:52 PM
both boys went to sleep before 8pm.. my mom is here to do the night shift but my wife and I might go for a stroll just the two of us

Ches, you have no idea how much I would love to go walking with you and Mrs C. My favorite time of the nite. To share a stroll would be such a delight. Truly wish we lived closer. Would love to meet your little family and actually get to know you guys. Having a meet up would be a great blessing. Somehow, someway, I hope God will grant us this opportunity. Of course I have my favorites on SD, but to meet any of the people here would be a sweet gift. I'll host the meet up. Really. I've only met SanAmbrosi, because he now attends our Mass and lives in our vicinity. A very pleasant man with a sweet wife and new baby. But, he is the only one I have made contact with. Oh.....am I holding you up? Get out there and ambulate!!!!! Before it's too dark!
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Chestertonian

Quote from: Carleendiane on May 17, 2017, 06:48:53 PM

Ches, you have no idea how much I would love to go walking with you and Mrs C. My favorite time of the nite. To share a stroll would be such a delight. Truly wish we lived closer. Would love to meet your little family and actually get to know you guys. Having a meet up would be a great blessing. Somehow, someway, I hope God will grant us this opportunity. Of course I have my favorites on SD, but to meet any of the people here would be a sweet gift. I'll host the meet up. Really. I've only met SanAmbrosi, because he now attends our Mass and lives in our vacinity. A very pleasant man with a sweet wife and new baby. But, he is the only one I have made contact with. Oh.....am I holding you up? Get out there and ambulate!!!!! Before it's too dark!
one of these days you could turn your struggle bus into an RV and do your own jack kerouac style roas trip picking up frirnds along the way

Going to my apartment to see the water is w big enough journey
but we went were had perfect weather.agettingoutof the house is surreal when it happens
"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

Carleendiane

Quote from: Chestertonian on May 17, 2017, 07:26:20 PM
Quote from: Carleendiane on May 17, 2017, 06:48:53 PM

Ches, you have no idea how much I would love to go walking with you and Mrs C. My favorite time of the nite. To share a stroll would be such a delight. Truly wish we lived closer. Would love to meet your little family and actually get to know you guys. Having a meet up would be a great blessing. Somehow, someway, I hope God will grant us this opportunity. Of course I have my favorites on SD, but to meet any of the people here would be a sweet gift. I'll host the meet up. Really. I've only met SanAmbrosi, because he now attends our Mass and lives in our vacinity. A very pleasant man with a sweet wife and new baby. But, he is the only one I have made contact with. Oh.....am I holding you up? Get out there and ambulate!!!!! Before it's too dark!
one of these days you could turn your struggle bus into an RV and do your own jack kerouac style roas turip picking up frirnds along the way

Going to my apartment to see the water is w big enough journey
but we went were had perfect weather.agettingoutof the house is surreal when it happens

Oh Ches, I do know there is no chance of a meet up and I am quite satisfied getting to know everyone on line, taking the bus around the country enjoying virtual road trips. My life was never one of indulging wants and whims, but that just enhanced my daydreams and imagined activities, camping and  sightseeing. In truth we did all our fun times and partying at home. Money was for housing, food, cars , and improving our homelife. Because we had no toys, like boats, fishing gear, hunting gear, hiking gear, camping gear, ski gear, etc. because our money was just enough to survive with some dignity. We got very good at making home all it could be. Our barn loft was a basketball court/dance floor/social center. Our home was used as a retreat center, a church to accommodate visiting priests and their daily Mass obligations, we put up many high school students, some times a bus full, as they made their way out east or up to Canada, or to the March for Life. So, I never really needed to travel far for sweet experiences or meeting people. I'm all talk, lots of hot air. Pay no attention. Just me wishing. 

Carleendiane

Quote from: Bernadette on May 17, 2017, 03:12:25 PM
Carleen, you're so encouraging. I've been going through as hard time lately, and your recent posts were just what I need. Thanks so much.

Bernadette, I miss our easy banter, but life moves on and change inevitable. If you can use anything I say it's a miracle. I'm no Miriam or inpefess. Just little Ole me. Once in a while a gabby girl is going to gab a useful truth, huh?

Carleendiane

I wish I could change the title of this thread. Seemed like a good idea at the time, but not now. I could have called it Evenings with Carleen....or.....Tired Yet?....or....IT'S THAT TIME AGAIN....or....Tell Me a Story....or .....Lights Out.....or....Don't Go to Bed. Anyway, open, so drop in and entertain me!

MundaCorMeum

You can come join our patio party!  Lately, every evening my husband and I sit on the back patio and chat about life. Tonight, the kids joined us and made it a party  :cheeseheadbeer:  we are wrapping things up, though, so hurry.

dymphna17

Entertainment you want, then entertainment you shall have:

?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

Carleendiane

Oh munda, I'm just too slow, I'd never make it in time, but thank you for the invite!

Carleendiane

Quote from: dymphna17 on May 18, 2017, 08:37:20 PM
Entertainment you want, then entertainment you shall have:

Goodness Dymphna, that would keep me up and awake! Do you keep watch, or just go to bed!? Are you brave or are you a worry wart. We have plenty of high winds and tornado sightings, but not very many actual touchdowns, so we usually just go about our business. Sometimes when it is real dramatic, I can get scared. Actually, not often, but sometimes I am scared! How about you Dymph?